Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Blogging Forum

Blogging Forum Discuss general blogging issues here - design, integration, posting, trackbacks, ETC. Also discuss blogs you like.

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 02-27-2016, 04:34 PM
v7n Mentor

What Free Stuff Do You Give To Your Readers?

I'm a pretty big fan of using freebies to generate traffic to my blogs.

There's a few different ways I generate traffic with this, but it really just depends on the niche. For example, I may make people post a comment to get the free giveaway, make them subscribe to my newsletter, etc.

But a lot of the time I just make a post about something free because it gets shared a lot on social media when people see it. And that brings traffic to my other posts.

For example, I'm currently writing a blog post about Execute Hosting to give away up to 12 months of free hosting: [link drop removed]

Every now and then I find cool offers like this that I can blog about, but they seem hard to find. I found Execute Hosting through a newsletter I'm subscribed to and that's how I find most of these companies, but that only happens about once per month.

Has anyone composed a list of a lot of companies that let bloggers run special deals like this? (the niche doesn't really matter to me)

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 03-07-2016, 12:55 PM

I give everything for free. I mean, in my niche (IM) what I "sell" is knowledge, so I try not to sell knowledge and to give it for free.

The money is coming when tools are involved, for tools I get affiliate commision.

Old 03-09-2016, 05:35 AM

I give a lot of knowledge for free though I do have some training videos and resources that I give for free only if they subscribe to my mailing list.

Old 03-13-2016, 02:01 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

I'm actually in a position where I could give people premium genesis framework themes for free. The only problem is that they have to buy the framework first and that I'm unable to give away free.

I'm a pro plus member there and get all old themes, new ones and 3rd party themes they add to there marketplace for free for life.

Still I have not been able to create a blog page to give free themes away like this because there is 1 catch and it'll cost the person money upfront. I scrapped this Idea years ago.

I do have a very well known bloggers e-book for getting started in affiliate marketing with actual tools of the trade people want but no one will explain in details about this. Lot's of things people completely miss that's so easy to do.

I'm unable to give it away for free. I'm not the type of guy to do things unethical online. I respect this dude and his rules for purchasing the e-book.

Usually if you are a top earner or top referrer for a affiliate program, they may allow you to create special codes to give discounts as in first month free or half off...etc

Why don't you create your own e-book about a topic you are an expert in and have tons of tons of knowledge to write about. Insert a few affiliate links in the e-book along with your blog URL and give it away for free if someone subscribes to your blog.

With social media accounts when you get close to a milestone for number of followers, give the e-book away to that person who broke the milestone.

Old 04-26-2016, 01:05 PM

I also am curious about the best way to acquire traffic through give-aways. Social media is better to get them to follow with, or email ?

Old 04-29-2016, 05:54 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloggedup View Post
I also am curious about the best way to acquire traffic through give-aways. Social media is better to get them to follow with, or email ?
Do both.

Any social media account you have, I am sure you have more then 1 follower so use all of them and mention to your follower to share/retweet the post to there followers.

This is also a good read:

http://bloggerjet.com/contest-giveaways-traffic/

Old 05-25-2016, 12:00 PM
Contributing Member

I've created a couple of hour long soundboard songs to listen to while working or studying that I give to my blog visitors for subscribing.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Blogging Forum

Closed Thread