Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Blogging Forum

Blogging Forum Discuss general blogging issues here - design, integration, posting, trackbacks, ETC. Also discuss blogs you like.

Share |
Old 11-01-2016, 03:00 PM

How yoast seo keyword system works?

Hi all members,

While I am writing any content and go to add focus keywords,

If I write one focus keyword it shows me good seo score and green dot.
But,
If I add another keyword into focus keyword, it becomes ok seo and ok seo score and orange tick.

Can anyone please explain how this keyword metric works to rank my site in seo?

If I add only one focus keyword,
Can Google consider my post with other keywords which exists in seo title and meta description but not in focus keyword.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 11-01-2016, 05:36 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

I'm using this plugin as well and think Yoast can explain this better then I can.

The difference between focus keywords and meta keywords
Quote:
The focus keyword field in Yoast SEO is specifically not the same as the meta keywords field in other plugins. By default, our plugin doesn’t give you a field to enter meta keywords, as meta keywords have been proven to be mostly a waste of time. Joost has written an article on meta keywords that explains this.
Continued at: https://kb.yoast.com/kb/the-differen...meta-keywords/

How to choose the perfect focus keyword
Quote:
Adding quality content to your website on a regular basis is a very good SEO tactic. Google sees that your website is active because new pieces of information are added. On top of that, you increase the volume of your content. If your keyword strategy has been*crafted*properly and your content is nicely optimized for the right keywords, adding content will increase your findability. But how to choose the perfect focus keyword? Especially when you’re blogging and focussing on long tail keywords
Continued at: https://yoast.com/focus-keyword/

Multiple focus keywords in Yoast SEO Premium
Quote:
One of the*features of Yoast SEO Premium*is the possibility to optimize your post for multiple focus keywords. On this page we’ll explain*what this feature can do for you and why we think it’s so awesome!

If you want a post to rank for a certain keyword you have to optimize your content for that keyword. This*focus keyword*can be one word, but it can*also be a phrase or part of a sentence. When optimizing your content for that focus keyword our Yoast SEO plugin is a great help. It runs a check on your content to
Continued at: https://yoast.com/wordpress/plugins/...ocus-keywords/

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Blogging Forum