Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Blogging Forum

Blogging Forum Discuss general blogging issues here - design, integration, posting, trackbacks, ETC. Also discuss blogs you like.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 03-20-2017, 06:14 PM

I use Autoptimizer and W3 Cache and that works fine for my blog.

Sorry forgot to mention that Google Page Speed checker shows green, but it fails to get good score in GTMetrix and Pingdom. So I am not sure which one is really worth to consider

Last edited by snakeair; 03-20-2017 at 07:12 PM.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 03-25-2017, 04:04 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Use a cache plug-in
The W3 Total Cache WordPress plug-in works as you browse and keeps your visitors from having to wait on your page loading. It works by keeping your cache clean on your site so that users aren’t having to wait on the technology, no matter what type of platform or device they are using.
I am someone without any tech-skills, so, I personally use WP Rocket instead of W3 Total Cache. WP-Rocket is probably the most simplest WordPress cache plugin for anyone to configure. I can configure the plugin within seconds of time.

Old 03-25-2017, 05:03 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim-Le View Post
I am someone without any tech-skills, so, I personally use WP Rocket instead of W3 Total Cache. WP-Rocket is probably the most simplest WordPress cache plugin for anyone to configure. I can configure the plugin within seconds of time.
Follow one of these guides.

http://www.onlinemediamasters.com/w3...ache-settings/

http://www.onlinemediamasters.com/wp...dflare-maxcdn/

Old 03-25-2017, 05:17 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Otherwise, nice suggestion!
http://giphy.com/gifs/ftw-coachs-ddHhhUBn25cuQ

Old 03-27-2017, 03:45 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

I am also facing the same problem. My wordpress blog speed is very slow. I was looking for this type of post. I am going to install Cache Plugin on my blog. Hope it will solve my problems.

Old 03-27-2017, 07:14 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Good to read about these tips. I always follow most of the points mentioned in this post but have not found anything about JS and CSS minify. I am using Autoptimize plugin to do this as it has very simple and easy to understand layout.

I am new to the WordPress, have limited knowledge about it. I like to hear your suggestion on how to minify JS and CSS or if there is any good plugin to do this.

Old 03-27-2017, 05:39 PM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by progagan View Post
Good to read about these tips. I always follow most of the points mentioned in this post but have not found anything about JS and CSS minify. I am using Autoptimize plugin to do this as it has very simple and easy to understand layout.

I am new to the WordPress, have limited knowledge about it. I like to hear your suggestion on how to minify JS and CSS or if there is any good plugin to do this.
There are several plugins to do this.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/search...Search+Plugins

Old 04-01-2017, 04:49 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeair View Post
I am not happy with the pageload time and requests.
You can take advantages from AMP. Take a look at this video:

Old 04-02-2017, 05:08 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurexbob View Post
Oooh when the speed starts going down of the site, then it becomes difficult to handle, and there also comes lot of similar problems related to the same. I would just say to regularly update your website. Updating on regular basis will also a good decision to increase the speed of the wordpress site. Moreover there are many more unlimited ways to speed up the speed of the wordpress site. Use low data consumption of images. Regularly check the comments, and take necessary steps.
Did you check the opening post in this thread and the other replies for tips?

Old 04-03-2017, 03:04 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Backlinks are a good thing that drives traffic back to your site. But if you have a bunch of dead links or links that donít work well, you may be defeating the purpose. Check your backlinks or hire someone to do this so that you know which ones are working well. Then delete and eradicate any non-working links that do not lead customers to your si
How does a back link not work well? Do they mean backlinks that aren't driving traffic to your blog? Or back links from spammy websites?
Either way neither of these will slow down the speed of your site.
If you do have backlinks pointing to pages that don't exist don't delete the backlink, instead create a article on that link address or use a redirect to point the link to your homepage or another article.

Old 04-03-2017, 04:08 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinJohnson1 View Post
Effective read, I must implement all the way to speed my blog.

I must agree with the web hosting point. If you are using a worst hosting service, your speed affects and your search rankings also hurt and visitors will not stay at your site for long.
Hosting plays a very important role when it comes to site speed, but still. I didnt get a clear answer about shared hosting. What makes me confused is, does Shared hosting from a good hosting provider also effect Search Rankings?

Old 04-03-2017, 06:04 PM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

It's not the web host that effects rankings it's pagespeed that effects your blog in so many ways.

Shared web hosting means you are on the same server as a lot of other websites. If one of those websites has a huge traffic spike, it effects the server and the other websites hosted. Most web hosts put a lot of accounts on one server. I love siteground for there shared web hosting and the speed.

Old 04-04-2017, 04:20 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetta View Post
For starters itís important to consider where the server is located, where the users are located and where the testing server is located.
Server location is indeed quite critical. I'm advising a company on promoting their products in Middle East & India, but their server is based in Singapore. So there's a high latency, page load times are in excess of 10 seconds and it just isn't working out. Most of the people are going away without seeing the site. They are planning to deploy a CDN to get around the issue.

Old 04-04-2017, 05:03 AM
Contributing Member

Someone is talking about CDN here, I have a question about this. If my 97% of traffic coming one country, Such as Pakistan. Do i still need a CDN? or need something else to speedup my site?

Old 04-04-2017, 06:05 AM

Use w3 total cache , wp performance booster plugin and a CDN it will boostt your website speed

Old 04-10-2017, 04:50 AM

W3 total Cache and SP Smshlt plugins works really good for increasing my blog speed...i regularly check Page Insights for webstie speed...!!

Old 04-12-2017, 07:39 PM
Contributing Member

I had a shared hosting account for several years and bit the bullet and paid extra per month for one of the recommended hosts for Wordpress. It's helped shave off seconds off my page load.

I put this off for so long and tried using plugins, but nothing put a consistent dent until I changed hosting.

Old 04-19-2017, 11:24 AM

The major takeaways from here are optimized images and choosing your host carefully. If you have a ****ty host its going to make the site load slow. I use the plugin WP-Smush to optimize images. It automatically shortens the images that you upload through the backend of a wordpress site.

Old 04-20-2017, 01:18 PM
Contributing Member

Quick question on optimizing images. Is it still important if the optimization is only a few kilobytes? For example, Google page insights said to optimize a few png images that when optimized only saved a total of approximately 20 kilobytes. Is that still a high priority?

Old 04-20-2017, 11:39 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodKnight View Post
Quick question on optimizing images. Is it still important if the optimization is only a few kilobytes? For example, Google page insights said to optimize a few png images that when optimized only saved a total of approximately 20 kilobytes. Is that still a high priority?
Every little bit helps improve your overall SEO and user experience so yes I would do it.

HTML Basic Tutor - Learn how to code for better SEO
Basic Computer Information - Computer & internet basics for website owners

SEO troubleshooting and review services available. - Pm me.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Blogging Forum

Closed Thread