Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Blogging Forum

Blogging Forum Discuss general blogging issues here - design, integration, posting, trackbacks, ETC. Also discuss blogs you like.

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 12-21-2016, 11:13 PM
Contributing Member

Is demand of Premium WordPress themes are getting increased or decreased?

I want to know the scope of premium WordPress themes. Still people are purchasing premium WordPress themes for their blogs or websites? What will be the scope if I develop a site where I will offer premium WordPress themes for lesser amount ($5), to help those designers who want to purchase WordPress Themes but can't afford to purchase costly themes which are available for more than $50.

I just want to know your suggestions.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 12-22-2016, 08:49 AM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by johanhns View Post
I want to know the scope of premium WordPress themes. Still people are purchasing premium WordPress themes for their blogs or websites? What will be the scope if I develop a site where I will offer premium WordPress themes for lesser amount ($5), to help those designers who want to purchase WordPress Themes but can't afford to purchase costly themes which are available for more than $50.

I just want to know your suggestions.
When I see themes that cost $5 I tend to not purchase as I assume the quality of the theme as in the coding being poor and most likely no free support for life among other things.

Premium themes costing at least $45 or more get my attention and will buy them. If I was a developer, I'd spend $45 or more to buy a premium theme for my client then charge the client extra for buying the theme besides normal hourly rate. Either way, I make money.

Old 12-22-2016, 10:23 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeair View Post
When I see themes that cost $5 I tend to not purchase as I assume the quality of the theme as in the coding being poor and most likely no free support for life among other things.

Premium themes costing at least $45 or more get my attention and will buy them. If I was a developer, I'd spend $45 or more to buy a premium theme for my client then charge the client extra for buying the theme besides normal hourly rate. Either way, I make money.
What if I provide the same quality as of $45 themes in $25-30 themes?

Old 12-23-2016, 12:23 AM
Administrator

Quote:
If you do provide the same quality, why undersell yourself?

Old 12-24-2016, 11:27 PM

The demand is increasing I feel. With the proper price you can get a handful of buyers with ease. However $5 sounds too low.

Old 01-26-2017, 04:54 AM

If I am looking at two or three themes that cost around 40 bucks and stumble on yours for 5 bucks my first impression is you haven't a clue what you are doing! Yours may be the best when it comes to SEO friendly, design etc. You must be competitive, however you can not come across as desperate. Instead of marketing your Theme " as cheap " try telling the buyer the benefits of purchasing your Theme

Old 01-26-2017, 05:03 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
As Snake touched upon, and I concur, perception is everything in certain parts of the world. I think Brits are renowned for believing that cost has a direct reflection on value. This isn't always the case obviously.

I don't go near WP so unsure if this is possible, but, are you allowed to offer it on 'sale' $25 for the first X amount then after that a return to $45.

I do have expertise in branding products, and do know that early on in my commerce dabblings I undervalued/undercut and found it hard to raise prices thereafter. So now i start at a too high price so I can 'offer' sale prices that perceive to give great value. It's very psychological.

Old 01-26-2017, 11:21 AM

Does the purchase include support & future updates also? No matter who is managing the theme, nobody can provide support & updates for a purchase price of $5.

Maybe you don't plan on offering that. In which case, it's a non-issue. But there are likely plenty of other people out there like myself who refuse to purchase a theme that doesn't come with support/updates. Regardless of how cheap it is to start with.

Old 02-02-2017, 05:11 PM

I look up reviews of a theme business before even buying anything to get an idea of the type of service.

Plus so many more reason's. I have themes from mythemeshop and pro plus account on StudioPress, I have no need to buy themes with the packages I have. lol

Old 02-07-2017, 07:34 PM

$5 is just too low compared to the competition. I would assume there was a scam somehow - either the theme isn't good, or it's broken, or it's stolen, it's a copy, it's got no support, etc. You will do better selling for $20 and providing support than selling for $5 and providing none, I think.

Old 02-08-2017, 02:52 AM
Banned

The demand is increasing on premium wordpress themes..

Old 02-08-2017, 03:40 AM

demand of quality never go down and premium wordpress themes are quality.

Old 02-08-2017, 12:07 PM
Contributing Member

WordPress is best CMS for website design that's why demand of premium WP themes getting increased.

Old 02-08-2017, 01:16 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin smith View Post
The demand is increasing on premium wordpress themes..
Quote:
Originally Posted by david.jones View Post
demand of quality never go down and premium wordpress themes are quality.
Quote:
Originally Posted by auraiyaits View Post
WordPress is best CMS for website design that's why demand of premium WP themes getting increased.
I'm certainly glad you three are adding gems of wisdom, rather than just posting for count.

Old 02-09-2017, 06:34 AM
Contributing Member

In my part of the world, volumes is the name of the game & elasticity of demand is pretty high. If $50 gets you X sales, halving the price will get you more than 2X the volumes so that more than makes up for your discount.

Coming back to your question, the adoption of Wordpress has been pretty flat of late. Check the stats here (https://w3techs.com/technologies/det...dpress/all/all). So it may not be worth your time & effort to put in development work.

Old 02-09-2017, 06:41 AM

Some day, I want to learn how to develop themes and create a custom one for my blog instead of modifying a premium theme template files. I do know some coding but not yet a perfect coder in WordPress to create a theme.

I know of websites I can learn how to do this but I don't have the time to invest into that. I have some cool design idea's and don't want to hire someone to create the theme as they will take the credit for my idea's. lol

I truly believe in custom designs and not using a premium theme or a useless free theme.

Old 02-23-2017, 01:36 AM
Contributing Member

5$ is a such a mouth watering deal for the newbie who wants to start their blog with the lowest investment. You can do the one more thing also charge them on the monthly basis the price of 45$

Like snakeair said customer support is the very important thing. Are you able to give the trusted support in this price ??

Old 03-04-2017, 03:51 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertDicosta View Post
Free themes and crack of paid themes already available. So, there is no need to buy premium themes.
Are you suggesting someone should steal a theme for their own use??

Old 03-04-2017, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertDicosta View Post
Now a days, every business man wants to start website. To start website we prefer wordpress and good theme. In google, Free themes and crack of paid themes already available. So, there is no need to buy premium themes.
You said Crack of paid themes, Those words I hate and when I do find people selling null themes or breaking the license agreement, I notify the theme owner as they spend hours designing a theme to perfection and sell there work.. I've been involved with themes for years and do read the find details of the agreements which most people don't.

People abusing there license agreement should get there web hosting accounts suspended as lesson.

I buy premium themes throughout the years and even had a premium theme further customized on top of what I paid for it. I pay for the time the designer needs to make my vision come true.

Ugg, the sound of nulled themes makes my reptile blood boil.

Old 05-01-2017, 12:58 AM

As far as I have seen, people are going for premium themes as those times are gone long when the design used to be mediocre and people pay heed to content only.

Now, design, responsiveness also matters and this is why the premium themes are in demand.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Blogging Forum

Closed Thread