Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Blogging Forum

Blogging Forum Discuss general blogging issues here - design, integration, posting, trackbacks, ETC. Also discuss blogs you like.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 02-09-2017, 05:59 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

5 Things to Think About Before You Start a Blog

Not to repeat what already should be known but if you are going to start a blog, make sure you read these 5.

Quote:
If you changed your mind a year into blogging and wanted to go in a different direction, you wouldn’t be the first.

We can often start a blog for one reason and continue it for another. Where this gets difficult (without losing all your hard-earned readers and starting again) is where you’ve boxed yourself in so tight that you can’t branch out.

Now I’m not saying a slender niche is a particularly bad idea, if you’re passionate about it – Nerd Fitness has nailed the brief, as has Lotsa Fresh Air,*just to name two. If you can see yourself still motivated and excited to write about your chosen topic five years from now, then you’re laughing. But if you’ve chosen a niche just because it’s a current trending topic*and you think it will get you tons of traffic, you may find you can’t...
Continued at: https://problogger.com/before-you-start-a-blog/

Thoughts on these 5 or this topic in general?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 02-10-2017, 06:42 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

I think write a blog about my favourite for a long time. I can make money from blog in the future. Writer must be patient lol

Old 02-17-2017, 01:38 AM

About the direction thing, i totally agree. Happened to me so many times before. Its really hard to comeup with fresh and interesting topics every now and then. may be choosing a wider topic or multiple topic would be better idea.

Old 02-19-2017, 01:43 AM
Contributing Member

Point no 6 I'd add to this list - Evaluate the competition in the area you'd like to start blogging in. Like the article says, there are millions of bloggers all over the world. Millions more are in waiting. So if one were to start blogging today on a common topic like gaming they'd be going up against all these current & aspiring bloggers & it would be more difficult for success to come by.

Old 03-03-2017, 04:24 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

POint number 4. Where's your community. It is important to research where you community is and how to access them. This takes research. The addition I would make to this is to define your audience and determine how big your audience is going to be. You may be extremely passionate about a topic but if it is a small audience that is hard to find it will be an uphill battle. What are some ways people have found an audience for their blog or content?

Old 03-04-2017, 08:19 PM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertDicosta View Post
According to me when we start blog we should know few things.
1. Your blog Topic should be your hobby/passion
2. Your Content should be unique. Not copy content from other sites
3. You have to write article 2-3 times within a week
4. Write simple & easy to understand. So, visitor understand easily
5. You should know which audience you have to target.
According to me, you didn't read the blog post and give me an opinion on it besides your own tips explained in details.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Blogging Forum