Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Blogging Forum

Blogging Forum Discuss general blogging issues here - design, integration, posting, trackbacks, ETC. Also discuss blogs you like.

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 06-14-2017, 11:56 PM
Banned

Blog Not Index

I have created a blog 15 days ago, but this blog is not indexed yet after published more than 20 posts. I don't know why? can you tell my How to Index blog?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 06-15-2017, 09:32 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hariomyogarishikesh View Post
I have created a blog 15 days ago, but this blog is not indexed yet after published more than 20 posts. I don't know why? can you tell my How to Index blog?
To get your blog indexed just create links to it when google crawl that links it will automatically index your blog.

Old 06-18-2017, 10:01 AM
Contributing Member

First thing, check whether pages aren't blocked by robots.txt file. If you don't have robot.txt file, then create one and also create a sitemap plugin which helps Google to find your site. Next step is to submit your site Google Webmaster tools (now called as Google Search Console) and Submit sitemap there.

Search Console has an option of 'Google Index' where it list out index pages, blocked pages and removed pages.

Alternatively, you can use google.com/webmasters/tools/submit-url tool to quickly index article in google search.

Old 06-18-2017, 06:47 PM
Banned

Have you submitted site map, to make the process quick you can add your website in google webmaster and submit sitemap there, in this way your website will be indexed within 24 hours.

Old 06-19-2017, 04:45 AM

Backlinks and social sharings are the best way to get index faster. as nick mentioned check "robots.txt" once

Old 06-19-2017, 11:07 AM

Bro Upload your blog sitemap to google web master. and check your blog after some days it will index..
To check it is indexed or not?
type site:yourdomain.com in google and see..

Old 06-20-2017, 12:27 AM
Contributing Member

Also make sure you dont have incorrect rule to block bots in robot.txt file. Other options are manually submit your website to all search engines.

Old 06-20-2017, 04:22 AM
Contributing Member

Rishikesh, You should make use the following things ..
- Make sure you are publishing quality content.
- Your site must enabled XML sitemap and submit that to webmaster tools and keep monitoring how it performs.
- create robots.txt in your site root folder and put correct rules how search engines crawl your site.
- If you are using wordpress, go for yoast seo plugin and can find many tutorials on how to configure it properly.
- If above all are perfect, then start getting backlinks which is major drive for your posts to get indexed.

For an average blogger, these all takes two to three months of time ..

Old 06-21-2017, 12:16 AM
Contributing Member

Hello @hariomyogarishikesh
Are You Verified your website in Google Webmaster tools?,
after that Submit Sitemap?.

Old 06-21-2017, 12:23 AM
Contributing Member

It shoulder be indexed automatically if you don't choose to hid from google. Anyway you can try to use google.com/webmasters/tools/submit-url tool to apply you pages to google indexer.

Old 06-21-2017, 09:11 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by admitcard View Post
Hello @hariomyogarishikesh
Are You Verified your website in Google Webmaster tools?,
after that Submit Sitemap?.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavan kumar View Post
- Your site must enabled XML sitemap and submit that to webmaster tools and keep monitoring how it performs.
Creating a Sitemap does not guarantee indexing of pages.
Quote:
...Using the Sitemap protocol does not guarantee that web pages are included in search engines...
sitemaps.org

Old 06-22-2017, 07:53 AM
Contributing Member

Hello HTMLtutor, Yes that was right, and sorry that I said in the sense that google webmaster provides him data whether his URLs are indexed and some in depth idea on how his URLs are treated by google bots.

Old 06-24-2017, 01:43 AM

When you are creating a blog and you want a quick index, note the following:
1. The Google bot is a software that Google sends to search the web and collect information about the contents found
2. The bot crawls (goes from website to website) in search of new as well as updated contents.
3. Indexing happens when all the information collected by the bot is being processed. Once the processing is done and your content is found, it is added to Google searchable content.

From the above, it is obvious that:
1. For your blog to be crawled and indexed, your contents must be unique.
2. If you have copied contents, it may not be indexed
3. If you create a sitemap, it may help your site being indexed quickly
4. Submit the sitemap to Google webmaster tool
5. Do install google analytics
6. etc.

Hope this will help a little.
James[removed]

Last edited by J. H. Rasmussen; 06-24-2017 at 03:18 AM.

Old 06-24-2017, 06:07 AM

This happens even when the domain is punished.

Old 06-25-2017, 04:19 AM

Ok, some good answers are already given by the users but let me know one thing is "Search Engine Visibility" option which is located in reading section is unchecked? if it is checked then unchecked it because it discourage google from indexing Your website.

Old 06-27-2017, 03:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hariomyogarishikesh View Post
Have you submitted your blog to Google webmasters?

Old 06-28-2017, 12:52 AM

SO many links submitted but less are indexes. Over 2k Webpages submitted but around 900 are indexed. Why is that so?

How can I attach an image to show you the stats?

Sitemaps content

All content types
Submitted
Indexed

Web pages
2,112 Submitted
926 Indexed

Images
2,308 Submitted
617 Indexed

Old 06-29-2017, 05:08 PM

If you using Wordpress, google webmaster plugin might help if you not too familiar with the technicalities. Also you can find many videos on youtube
Best of luck...

Old 06-30-2017, 07:50 AM

Sir I am manually submitting the URL. If you say I will use that WordPress plugin but will that index all links.

Old 06-30-2017, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekant puri View Post
Sir I am manually submitting the URL. If you say I will use that WordPress plugin but will that index all links.
Create a Sitemap – A sitemap is an XML document on your website’s server that basically lists each page on your website. It tells search engines when new pages have been added and how often to check back for changes on specific pages. For example, you might want a search engine to come back and check your homepage daily for new products, news items, and other new content. If your website is built on WordPress, you can install the Google XML Sitemaps plugin and have it automatically create and update your sitemap for you as well as submit it to search engines. You can also use tools such as the XML Sitemaps Generator.
Submit Sitemap to Google Webmaster Tools – The first place you should take your sitemap for a new website is Google Webmaster Tools. If you don’t already have one, simply create a free Google Account, then sign up for Webmaster Tools. Add your new site to Webmaster Tools, then go to Optimization > Sitemaps and add the link to your website’s sitemap to Webmaster Tools to notify Google about it and the pages you have already published. For extra credit, create an account with Bing and submit your sitemap to them via their Webmaster Tools.
Install Google Analytics – You’ll want to do this for tracking purposes regardless, but it certainly might give Google the heads up that a new website is on the horizon.
Submit Website URL to Search Engines – Some people suggest that you don’t do this simply because there are many other ways to get a search engine’s crawler to your website. But it only takes a moment, and it certainly doesn’t hurt things. So submit your website URL to Google by signing into your Google Account and going to the Submit URL option in Webmaster Tools. For extra credit, submit your site to Bing. You can use the anonymous tool to submit URL’s below the Webmaster Tools Sign In – this will also submit it to Yahoo.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Blogging Forum

Closed Thread