Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Blogging Forum

Blogging Forum Discuss general blogging issues here - design, integration, posting, trackbacks, ETC. Also discuss blogs you like.

Share |
Old 08-15-2008, 07:29 AM

Confused about blogs

I am a little confused when people talk about blogs, are they talking about accounts that they have with blogger or are they talking about the kind of software to allow others to create then own blog, for instance if you go to blogger you can create a blog but that is bloggers service, and technically not your blog the same way in which this isnt my thread it is www.v7n.com's thread? or alternatly have they set up a wordpress account which IS your blog but using other peoples software?

Because I see lots of people talking about promting there blog but really they are promoting somebody elses service, for instance I have a site with a blog service [link removed] where people join and create the own blogs do I class this as blog promotion or is that something different?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 08-15-2008, 01:19 PM
Contributing Member

Well promoting you own blog on your own domain is far better than using a free place. You have more control on what you can advertise until other wgich restrict you on advertising.

Bruno

Old 08-16-2008, 08:25 PM
Contributing Member

Once I created a wordpress blog, then they shut it off saying I am using it for marketing my other sites only. So as you said it wasn't really mine.

So that was it with wordpress free version. I then had my own domain name. This way I feel safer, I can do whatever I like in my own blog.

Old 08-16-2008, 11:52 PM

Blogger, wordpress like free blogging services which can be used if you dont have much money to spare and you want to start your online presence. So, if you host your blog on blogger, its your blog. You can post,change themes, display ads to earn money.

However as its clear that you wont have total control over it. When i started blogging one day i posted around 15-20 posts in one day, as i was excited to start my first blog, and to my suprise in morning i got a mail from google people that they marked my blog as spam blog and first they will look into it and then they will release it which they did after one day.

The whole point will be about power to do things your own way.

Old 08-18-2008, 07:43 PM
Contributing Member

people used blogs not just for personal purposes but also to promote products and services basically for marketing purposes.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Blogging Forum