Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Coding Forum

Coding Forum Problems with your code? Discuss coding issues, including JavaScript, PHP & MySQL, HTML & CSS, Flash & ActionScript, and more.

Share |
Old 11-23-2009, 12:31 AM

Thumbs down Website grabber for using/viewing the whole website content offline.

hey, i want to know if there is any good software where i can grab the whole website along with its php,css,js files and images. I am trying to grab a small website, which has a login page, to which i have the username and password. i can browse through the website but i am not able to view the php code for it. I want to access this website offline so i want to grab all the contents of the website and use it offline.

would really appreciate if someone could me. I have tried some softwares but none of them are proceeding ahead of the login page despite providing the correct username and password.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 11-23-2009, 05:44 AM
v7n Mentor

As far as I am aware you will not be able to view the PHP file. This is because when you request the .PHP file from the webbrowser it will run it as code. You could see if the site has public FTP access to the server, or failing that you could email the webmaster.

You should be able to get the CSS files, IMAGES, JS, HTML and other files without any hassle just by viewing the source.

Old 11-23-2009, 06:31 AM
Senior Web Developer

Some websites allow you to watch their server side code, such as: http://php.net/ (click "show source" at the bottom). But most of them don't, for the reason that megamoose very well explained.

Old 11-23-2009, 02:16 PM

thanks for the reply. yes, i understand that .php files cannot be taken but that is what i actually wanted. I knew how to get html, css and js files. i just wondering if there was any way to get those php files as well.

could you explain me abt the FTP access to server and how do i check whether it has the FTP access or not .

Old 11-26-2009, 07:39 AM
v7n Mentor

Email the webmaster to see if you can get the PHP source files. If he's nice he might give you it, or link you to where he got it.

Anonymous FTP, is FTP which the public can access. Most sites either do not have it or have a different folder for the access. Just Google it if you want more information.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Coding Forum