Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Coding Forum

Coding Forum Problems with your code? Discuss coding issues, including JavaScript, PHP & MySQL, HTML & CSS, Flash & ActionScript, and more.

Share |
Old 01-15-2011, 11:28 AM

Question Images preview when hovering over page numbers (Tumblr)

Hi,

(Might fit better in the Coding forum...)
I googled for it but didn't find much =/ I basically want the images (not all obviously) of said page to be previewed when hovering over the page numbers.
This is for Tumblr if you missed it in the title.

As far as I could make out, the following code is responsible for the page numbers and "previous/next page":

Code:
{block:Pagination} <div id="navigation" {block:IfEnableJumpPagination}class="jump_pagination"{/block:IfEnableJumpPagination}> {block:PreviousPage}<a href="{PreviousPage}">&larr; {lang:Previous}</a>{/block:PreviousPage} {block:IfEnableJumpPagination} {block:JumpPagination length="5"} {block:CurrentPage} <span class="current_page">{PageNumber}</span> {/block:CurrentPage} {block:JumpPage} <a class="jump_page" href="{URL}">{PageNumber}</a> {/block:JumpPage} {/block:JumpPagination} {/block:IfEnableJumpPagination} {block:NextPage}<a href="{NextPage}">{lang:Next page} &rarr;</a>{/block:NextPage} </div> {/block:Pagination}
Thanks for any help.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 01-16-2011, 12:22 PM
Coding Tiger

wow, smarty....

I honestly have no idea how you could do this, I haven't been using smarty for quite a long time, but all I can say is that you already know/have the previous, current and the next page names/indexes so all you need to do is create the screenshots for that pages and use css/javascript to find them in the images directory and then create the preview...(would that work?)

Old 01-16-2011, 02:46 PM

Well my coding abilities are quite limited, so the only thing I can do is find similar coding on a website and try to implement it.
I noticed that Google is using a new (well I only noticed it a few weeks ago) preview feature where they preview the whole website. I could have a look at their code and see how far I can get...

Ehm what's "smarty", Tumblr?

Old 01-18-2011, 02:26 AM
Coding Tiger

...the syntax of your code looks very closed to smarty (if I remember correctly)...so I thought that's smarty(my bad)

Old 01-18-2011, 06:11 AM
Super Moderator

Try this Google search: http://www.google.com/search?q=php+%...ient=firefox-a

The search string, just in case the link does not work for you: php +pagination +image +preview

That is a fairly ambitious project but if you do it in php some of us may be able to help.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Coding Forum