Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Coding Forum

Coding Forum Problems with your code? Discuss coding issues, including JavaScript, PHP & MySQL, HTML & CSS, Flash & ActionScript, and more.

Share |
Old 03-22-2006, 11:07 AM
Contributing Member

Big phpBB Forum Problem - I'm Desperate!!!

I have run into a huge problem! I installed phpBB version 2.0.19 today (I was using 2.0.eighteen) and it won't accept my backup file!!! It says there is an SQL syntax error.

My forum is located at http://www.alftv.net/forum/

I honestly have no idea what to do - I have a backup file downloaded and the mySQL databases stored on my computer.

Thank you, I would be extremely grateful if anyone could give me some advice on what to do - my website revolves around my forum so I am near death here.

I would be willing to pay for help if that's what it comes down to - not sure if this is something that can be fixed through a thread on a forum.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 03-22-2006, 11:27 AM

I've had a similar error once before... Do you have a session_admin column in your db? If not you may just need to add that.

Old 03-22-2006, 12:39 PM
Contributing Member

Are you refering to a file in the forum/db folder? If so, I do not have that file in there. I'm honestly not sure what you're referring to - my phpBB knowledge is very limited.

Old 03-22-2006, 12:43 PM
No Longer Active

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParLawGod
Are you refering to a file in the forum/db folder? If so, I do not have that file in there.
It's not a file, you need to get into your mysql admin and create a table named "session_admin" in the "Field List".

There is a command line to do this, but I'm not familiar with the commands. I'm pretty sure though that we have members who know what command you should run to create this.

Old 03-22-2006, 12:53 PM
Contributing Member

Ahhh - I think I'm getting it.

Would I have to name this table "phpbb_session_admin" then?

I'm also quite confused as to what to put down for all the values they ask for...

Old 03-22-2006, 01:27 PM

That I'm not too sure, as I think that's based off of your site. My knowledge of PHP/SQL stuff is very limited, but I do know you're on the right track.

Old 03-22-2006, 01:30 PM
Contributing Member

Hi - thanks for all the responses thus far, I appreciate everyones help.

Does anyone around here know how to do that and might be able to lend me a hand? I could pay for the time via PayPal.

Old 03-22-2006, 02:49 PM
Contributing Member

Okay - new news:

I got everything working again - got phpBB 2.0.19 all installed (got it from the phpBB website and manually installed it), template all installed - the ONLY thing left is to upload my backup file.

I uploaded my backup file and got this:
Quote:
Error importing backup file

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '2816', 'd885db43cb', 'Re: Any chance for either to come to DVD'

INSERT INTO phpbb_posts_text (post_id, bbcode_uid, post_subject, post_text) VALUES('2815', 'f95a6046ea', '', 'Here are mine: INSERT INTO phpbb_posts_text (post_id, bbcode_uid, post_subject, post_text) VALUES('2816', 'd885db43cb', 'Re: Any chance for either to come to DVD', '[quote:d885db43cb=\"ALF Fanatic\"][quote:d885db43cb=\"supershaun86\"]For anyone that does not have the Season 2 set or have it but not watched the cartoon eps yet.ALF in the box thing well he says what its about said coming soon to DVD and after the show is over,It said coming soon to DVD. Does anyone have an update on this.Is ALF Tales or ALF Adventures coming to DVD or not?[/quote:d885db43cb] I already have season two on DVD. Sadly I think the comment ALF said about the cartoons coming out on DVD is one of his jokes. It\'s been seven months since the release of season two. I\'m still waiting on when season three will come out.[/quote:d885db43cb] I seriously don\'t think ALF was making a joke about that, I really don\'t. It will come out sooner or later by Lions Gate.'); INSERT INTO phpbb_posts_text (post_id, bbcode_uid, post_subject, post_text) VALUES('2817', '9ea19b9264', '', '[quote:9ea19b9264=\"ALF\"]Here are mine: Hey! You\'ve got great taste! Mine are: 1. Married With Children 2. The Golden Girls 3. Cheers/The Cosby Show/Spin City/Frasier... there\'s just too many for me to choose a third.'); INSERT INTO phpbb_posts_text (post_id, bbcode_uid, post_subject, post_text) VALUES('2818', '0df54cc60b', '', '[quote:0df54cc60b=\"Admin\"]Sorry to hear about your autograph - Paul Fusco seems like an awesome guy, I don\'t think you\'ll have a problem getting another one. Out of curiosity, what is your cat\'s name?[/quote:0df54cc60b] Just out of curiosity, what makes you say Paul seems like an awesome guy? Cause I actually don\'t know that much about him...'); INSERT INTO phpbb_posts_text (post_id, bbcode_uid, post_subject, post_text) VALUES('2819', '5a0d964bb4', '', 'cotton'); INSERT INTO phpbb_posts_text (post_id, bbcode_uid, post_subject, post_text) VALUES('2820', '43ffb77a29', '', 'That is correct - the next question is yours to ask.'); INSERT INTO phpbb_posts_text (post_id, bbcode_uid, post_subject, post_text) VALUES('2821', 'ddb6bce745', '', 'Howard The Duck Vomit bag'); INSERT INTO phpbb_posts_text (post_id, bbcode_uid, post_subject, post_text) VALUES('2822', '9a969d2c6b', 'I have the whole series of ALF\'s Hit Talk Show', 'First off I know this is not liscnesed so I cant sell it her,but I think I read you can trade it(sorry if I cant do that either) I know alot of you here were not able to see the show,so I would be willing to trade the eps with someone. I taped each episode,all on one VHS video tape.'); INSERT INTO phpbb_posts_text (post_id, bbcode_uid, post_subject, post_text) VALUES('2823', 'f399e3ea1a', '', 'Tacks Alarm system'); INSERT INTO phpbb_posts_text (post_id, bbcode_uid, post_subject, post_text) VALUES('2824', 'd9bc2aab52', '', 'Gee, thanks man! Your selections are excellent too! '); INSERT INTO phpbb_posts_text (post_id, bbcode_uid, post_subject, post_text) VALUES('2825', '96c2cced38', 'Re: Any chance for either to come to DVD', '[quote:96c2cced38=\"AxelFoley\"][quote:96c2cced38=\"ALF Fanatic\"][quote:96c2cced38=\"supershaun86\"]For anyone that does not have the Season 2 set or have it but not watched the cartoon eps yet.ALF in the box thing well he says what its about said coming soon to DVD and after the show is over,It said coming soon to DVD. Does anyone have an update on this.Is ALF Tales or ALF Adventures coming to DVD or not?[/quote:96c2cced38] I already have season two on DVD. Sadly I think the comment ALF said about the cartoons coming out on DVD is one of his jokes. It\'s been seven months since the release of season two. I\'m still waiting on when season three will come out.[/quote:96c2cced38] I seriously don\'t think ALF was making a joke about that, I really don\'t. It will come out sooner or later by Lions Gate.[/quote:96c2cced38] I check out tvshowsondvd.com pretty much everyday and there is no word about either season three of ALF or the ALF cartoons. It will be interesting to know which will come out sooner: season three or the cartoons.'); INSERT INTO phpbb_posts_text (post_id, bbcode_uid, post_subject, post_text) VALUES('2826', 'b8bd2ed580', '', 'Last Sunday and Monday, I saw \"The Gambler\", \"Try t.o Remember\", \"Come Fly With Me\", and \"La Cucarocha\".'); INSERT INTO phpbb_posts_text (post_id, bbcode_uid, post_subject, post_text) VALUES('2827', '73403fa542', '', 'What show did Alf watch where he thinks Willie is a criminal polygamist?'); INSERT INTO phpbb_posts_text (post_id, bbcode_uid, post_subject, post_text) VALUES('2828', '9eab66a82e', '', '[quote:9eab66a82e=\"Admin\"]Yep, on December 16th - I can\'t wait!!![/quote:9eab66a82e] Congratulations! '); INSERT INTO phpbb_posts_text (post_id, bbcode_uid, post_subject, post_text) VALUES('2829', '9d798d229d', 'IMPORTANT: Downtime on 3/13/06', 'Just wanted to give you all a heads up that parts of the ALFtv.NET website will not work on March 13, 2006 - that\'s a Monday. The main thing I will be working on is the forum - after Monday the bugs that we have been experiencing should be gone. I will be rewriting some of the forum files and I will be installing an update for phpBB version 2.0.19 (which is the newest version). What you\'ll notice is: 1) You may not be able to log into the forum - I will most likely have it deactivitated. 2) The forum you see will be an OLDER backup of the forum - many posts will be temporarily gone because I will have a backup from December 2005 temporarily installed while I work on the changes. I will post again in this thread when all the work is complete. Thank you for understanding. Please post or send me a private message (if you can - that\'s one of the bugs we\'ve been having) if you have any questions. [u:9d798d229d][b:9d798d229d]Forum Moderators:[/b:9d798d229d][/u:9d798d229d] There is a possibility that the your e-mail accounts could be lost (although I don\'t think that will happen). You should back up any important e-mails you have as a precaution. Sorry about that...'); INSERT INTO phpbb_posts_text (post_id, bbcode_uid, post_subject, post_text) VALUES('2830', '2fa171fdba', '', 'Crime-Stoppers'); INSERT INTO phpbb_posts_text (post_id, bbcode_uid, post_subject, post_text) VALUES('2831', '767c9f1469', 'YEA!!!!!!!!!', 'We\'ve added a news item for \"ALF\" to the site. Here it is: ALF Season 3 Coming in May - 9:29 AM 3/10/2006 We have news on the third season of ALF posted to the site. Drop by and take a look. URL: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=5277 You were sent this email because you have expressed interest in having \"ALF\" released on DVD. If you no longer want to receive these emails you may change the setting in your User Options - \"Change Account Information\". There we go.'); INSERT INTO phpbb_posts_text (post_id, bbcode_uid, post_subject, post_text) VALUES('2832', '9306f9350a', '', 'I just got done watching one of my personal faves \'\'Primetime\'\''); INSERT INTO phpbb_posts_text (post_id, bbcode_uid, post_subject, post_text) VALUES('2833', 'e20f123ab0', '', 'Thanks for the update on the season 3 DVD Yay I cant wat for May 30...This news makes my day'); INSERT INTO phpbb_posts_text (post_id, bbcode_uid, post_subject, post_text) VALUES('2834', '191cbf2253', '', 'supershawn86, Per Forum Guidelines, you are indeed allowed to \"trade\" THE ONE COPY of the \"ALF Hit Talk Show\" VHS tape that you made for your personal collection

Line : 980
File : admin_db_utilities.php
Now I'm dead in the water...any suggestions as to how I can fix this mess?

Sorry about the 80 billion questions - it's really frustrating for me because I don't know too much about phpBB.

Old 03-22-2006, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferre
It's not a file, you need to get into your mysql admin and create a table named "session_admin" in the "Field List".

UHMM!!!!!

'Field list' isnt a field. Its a list of them.

The fields are
_id, session_user_id, session_start, session_time, session_ip, session_page, session_logged_in, session_admin

The error states there is no session_admin field.
There IS a phpbb_sessions table.

It sounds like you havent run the DB upgrade script, or it hasent run correctly. You need to locate and run this sql script / file.

To fix this error create a session_admin field within the phpbb_sessions table of your MySQL database. You can use a programme called PHPMyAdmin which is probably located in your web hosting control panel under MySQL Databases.

There could be other errors after this one as the script is likely to make mroe than one change.

Old 03-22-2006, 04:05 PM

For the record upgrading your files will have no effect on the data. You DONT need to restore the backup SO STOP TRYING.

Get that field added and see what happens. If you need help I am on msn messenger "computingfuture (at) hotmail.com"

Old 03-22-2006, 07:40 PM
Contributing Member

Okay - I added the admin_sessions field and can get to the forum, but I am unable to get into my Adminstration Panel. I get this:
Quote:
Error in obtaining userdata

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1054 Unknown column 'user_login_tries' in 'field list'

SELECT user_id, username, user_password, user_active, user_level, user_login_tries, user_last_login_try FROM phpbb_users WHERE username = 'Admin'

Line : 65
File : login.php

Old 03-24-2006, 02:19 AM

Hey,

U need to add a field called
'user_login_tries'
to the table
'phpbb_users'

to fix this error. Remember what I said about other errors afterwards.

Last edited by WorldwideTrading; 03-24-2006 at 02:24 AM.

Old 03-24-2006, 02:24 AM

This is a general heads up for diagnosing sql errors:

The info is in the error message

Quote:

DEBUG MODE

SELECT user_id, username, user_password, user_active, user_level, user_login_tries, user_last_login_try FROM phpbb_users WHERE username = 'Admin'

Quote:
This part says we need to add a column called 'user_login_tries'

Quote:
This is the sql statement that failed. If you notice between 'FROM' and 'WHERE' is the name of the tables this query is trying to run against. In this example there is only one table 'phpbb_users'

Hope this helps you understand the issues more.

Old 03-28-2006, 12:43 AM

Hi, Have you managed to get into the admin section yet? I registered a user on the forum when you started having the problems and it still hasent been aproved. Need more help?

Old 04-04-2006, 07:10 AM

I am having the same error message:

DEBUG MODE

SELECT user_id, username, user_password, user_active, user_level, user_login_tries,

user_last_login_try FROM phpbb_users WHERE username = 'Jobie'

Line : 65
File : login.php

and can't figure out how to resolve it. My bb has been down for a day, and this is the 2nd day. I need help with this please. I am new to phpbb and not sure how to add the field 'user_login_tries to the db which is what it seems to want.

Old 04-04-2006, 07:28 AM
Contributing Member

If you are upgrading PhpBB to the latest version, make sure that you have executed the install/upgrade_to_latest.php.

Old 04-04-2006, 09:03 AM

Problem solved by Mrblogs. Thank you so much. For the above person's bALTER TABLE `phpbb_users` ADD `user_login_tries` SMALLINT(5) NOT NULL ;

After this, I came up with the same error message except it was for the field `user_last_login_try` so we did another query on the database with this command:

ALTER TABLE `phpbb_users` ADD `user_last_login_try` INT(11) NOT NULL ;enefit, here is what he had me do.

This solved the problem.

Old 04-20-2006, 10:37 PM

Need Help!

Hello,

I am also doing a restore of an SQL database for phpBB, but the restore is for reasons of relocation. The forums have moved to a new box with new IP. I was able to do a backup of the old forum, then run Bigdump.php to restore at the new location.

Then I ran into the same issue as discribbed in this thread:

missing column session_admin column
SQL Error : 1054 Unknown column 'user_login_tries'
SQL Error : 1054 Unknown column 'user_last_login_try'

After each unknown column error I added the missing field/column in the respected table. I also ran the update_to_latest.php

Now I am able to go to the new forums index via browser and see all the old information, but when I try to logon, a message pops up saying:

"If your browser does not support meta redirection please click HERE to be redirected"

Then I am redirected to the old forum at its old location.

Please help!

Last edited by Slappy; 04-20-2006 at 10:42 PM.

Old 04-21-2006, 02:51 PM

Hi again,

I figured it out.

All I had to do was the following:

Download Auto Cookies MOD

then, unzip it to your computer,

then upload the included install folder, to your phpbb folder on the server.,

then , in your browser, go to:
yourdomain.com/yourphpbbb/install/cookie.php

then click the button to accept the settings it finds.

then delete the install folder.

Then you and all your members MUST do the cookie dance:

step 1. log out
step 2. clear your browser cookie
step 3. clear your browser cache/temporary internet files
step 4. close your browser
step 5. go back and test
step 6. hold one foot in the air and spin around three time
singing "Do the Cookie Dance, yeah, yeah, yeah."

done.

Old 02-18-2007, 09:11 PM

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny12 View Post
Problem solved by Mrblogs. Thank you so much. For the above person's bALTER TABLE `phpbb_users` ADD `user_login_tries` SMALLINT(5) NOT NULL ;

After this, I came up with the same error message except it was for the field `user_last_login_try` so we did another query on the database with this command:

ALTER TABLE `phpbb_users` ADD `user_last_login_try` INT(11) NOT NULL ;enefit, here is what he had me do.

This solved the problem.

I searched all over for this fix..I am somewhat new to php and i have found from this error that most of them use yahoo for hosting "unfortunately me as well" i happened to stumble to this page and continued reading. I tried every fix and the one that worked was adding those two fields to the database. it only took 4 hours to find this lol.

Only one question though...I know yahoo doesn't support .htaccess but does anyone know a way to password protect certain files only making them accessible through automatic registration through a website? Yahoo has it set up where you can only add 200 users through their control panel and it has to be done manually..

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Coding Forum