Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Coding Forum

Coding Forum Problems with your code? Discuss coding issues, including JavaScript, PHP & MySQL, HTML & CSS, Flash & ActionScript, and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 02-07-2012, 04:52 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Display captcha using sumbit popup

I use formtools to process my contact form and it all works hunky dory on page: http://www.for-rent-nerja.com/contact.php (it also has javascript to check for empty fields etc)

Problem I have now is I need to squash the enquiry form considerably to fit on every page like so: http://www.for-rent-nerja.com/apartm.../fr1150za.html

which means I no longer have the required space for the captcha.

I was wondering if anyone knows of a solution that will enable me to open the verification in a popup window once the submit has been clicked?

Old 02-07-2012, 12:32 PM

You need javascrip code, try this. You need jquery library
Code:
//Shows a ,modal windows $(document).ready(function() { //select all the a tag with name equal to modal $('a[name=modal]').click(function(e) { //Cancel the link behavior e.preventDefault(); //Get the screen height and width var maskHeight = $(document).height(); var maskWidth = $(window).width(); //Set heigth and width to mask to fill up the whole screen $('#mask').css({'width':maskWidth,'height':maskHeight}); //transition effect $('#mask').fadeIn(1000); $('#mask').fadeTo("slow",0.8); //Get the window height and width var winH = $(window).height(); var winW = $(window).width(); //Set the popup window to center $(id).css('top', winH/2-$(id).height()/2); $(id).css('left', winW/2-$(id).width()/2); //transition effect $(id).fadeIn(2000); }); //if close button is clicked $('.window .close').click(function (e) { //Cancel the link behavior e.preventDefault(); $('#mask').hide(); $('.window').hide(); }); //if mask is clicked $('#mask').click(function () { $(this).hide(); $('.window').hide(); }); });
Your captcha code would be inside a <div class="window">. This code shows a pop up window.

Old 02-08-2012, 12:50 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikomaster View Post
You need javascrip code, try this. You need jquery library
Code:
//Shows a ,modal windows $(document).ready(function() { //select all the a tag with name equal to modal $('a[name=modal]').click(function(e) { //Cancel the link behavior e.preventDefault(); //Get the screen height and width var maskHeight = $(document).height(); var maskWidth = $(window).width(); //Set heigth and width to mask to fill up the whole screen $('#mask').css({'width':maskWidth,'height':maskHeight}); //transition effect $('#mask').fadeIn(1000); $('#mask').fadeTo("slow",0.8); //Get the window height and width var winH = $(window).height(); var winW = $(window).width(); //Set the popup window to center $(id).css('top', winH/2-$(id).height()/2); $(id).css('left', winW/2-$(id).width()/2); //transition effect $(id).fadeIn(2000); }); //if close button is clicked $('.window .close').click(function (e) { //Cancel the link behavior e.preventDefault(); $('#mask').hide(); $('.window').hide(); }); //if mask is clicked $('#mask').click(function () { $(this).hide(); $('.window').hide(); }); });
Your captcha code would be inside a <div class="window">. This code shows a pop up window.
Hey mate, thanks for your reply, really appreciate it!

So I have this in my head:

Code:
<script type="text/javascript"> //Shows a ,modal windows $(document).ready(function() { //select all the a tag with name equal to modal $('a[name=modal]').click(function(e) { //Cancel the link behavior e.preventDefault(); //Get the screen height and width var maskHeight = $(document).height(); var maskWidth = $(window).width(); //Set heigth and width to mask to fill up the whole screen $('#mask').css({'width':maskWidth,'height':maskHeight}); //transition effect $('#mask').fadeIn(1000); $('#mask').fadeTo("slow",0.8); //Get the window height and width var winH = $(window).height(); var winW = $(window).width(); //Set the popup window to center $(id).css('top', winH/2-$(id).height()/2); $(id).css('left', winW/2-$(id).width()/2); //transition effect $(id).fadeIn(2000); }); //if close button is clicked $('.window .close').click(function (e) { //Cancel the link behavior e.preventDefault(); $('#mask').hide(); $('.window').hide(); }); //if mask is clicked $('#mask').click(function () { $(this).hide(); $('.window').hide(); }); }); </script>
are you then saying it should be as simple as inserting this within my form in the body:

Code:
<div class="window"><?php ft_api_display_captcha(); ?></div>
?

I'm testing it out on page http://www.for-rent-nerja.com/contact5.php but that doesn't seem to be either hiding the captcha nor displaying it in a popup on submit. Am I overlooking something?

Last edited by sstoney200; 02-08-2012 at 12:54 PM.

Old 02-09-2012, 10:36 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

EDIT: Nevermind. Misread.

Old 04-08-2012, 06:31 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Oh maaan!

Over the last 3 days (whilst I've been away over Easter) I've had about 100 spam enquiries sent from my page http://www.for-rent-nerja.com/property.php

As discussed earlier in this post, the enquiry form (bottom right) is too small for captcha display so I left it without and for past few months had vary few problems with spam. The bots were obviously finding my main contact page at http://www.for-rent-nerja.com/contact.php and since this page does have a captcha were heading elsewhere. Now they've found my property page and have been bombarding me with shiite! Does anyone have any alternate methods I would be able to use to eliminate this spam? Or as discussed earlier, a method for displaying the captcha found on the main contact page as a popup upon clicking of the enquiry submit?

Really would appreciate some help! PESKY SPAMMERS!

Last edited by HTMLBasicTutor; 04-08-2012 at 08:45 AM.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Coding Forum