301 htacess redirect question
Hi all, my name is Christian.
Been struggling the past 2 months to get information out of various forums...so forgive me if a am a bit critical.
This is my problem and I am looking for advice...please?
My main domain is: gateway-africa.com
- This has a sub domain: safari.gateway-africa.com
- Had some duplicate content problems due to have the safari folder in the main domain.
- I am putting all the content of the safari folder in the sub domain (safari.gateway-africa) and then the safari folder would be empty. Is this the correct procedure, thingie to do?
- Where do I put a .htaccess file to 301 redirect the safari folder urls to the sub domain, In the safari folder of the main domain, or in the main domain itself?
- What is the correct code that go in a .htacces? Just "redirect 301 blah blah", or is there addtional code before this?
There quite a few questions I need to get info on, but later.
Thank you kindly for your help if you can.