Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Coding Forum

Coding Forum Problems with your code? Discuss coding issues, including JavaScript, PHP & MySQL, HTML & CSS, Flash & ActionScript, and more.

Share |
Old 02-25-2013, 09:53 AM

Any suggestion for me ?

I'm tired of blogging, now considered to learn web programming. I dont know why, the option is PHP. I have question for whoever will answer this.
1. How long is the average time to learn php, from nothing until can build a php web based.
2. My age is now 33 years old, am I too old to learn?
3. From where should I start to learn PHP ? For note, during this time I only knew a little at blogger and WP, only setup and create articles.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 02-25-2013, 12:38 PM
v7n Mentor

1. How long is the average time to learn php, from nothing until can build a php web based.
A: That depends on how quickly you can learn.

NO! I'm still learning PHP at 41 years of age, after learning vbScript (ASP) at 35!

3. From where should I start to learn PHP ? For note, during this time I only knew a little at blogger and WP, only setup and create articles.
By books on PHP, read, and test.

Old 02-25-2013, 02:30 PM

thx for your motivation, hope I can motivated again, because I'm losing passion...

Old 02-28-2013, 11:23 PM
Contributing Member

It will be good if you can join some company to learn php, if you can not join any company, it will be good if you can get in touch with some of your friend who is good in php and you can start it learning at your home. If you have some programming concepts, it will not be a big job to learn it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsep View Post
I'm tired of blogging, now considered to learn web programming. I dont know why, the option is PHP. I have question for whoever will answer this.

Old 03-01-2013, 01:12 AM
Contributing Member

~ There is no specific time-frame for learning Php or other programming/web development languages. It will depend not just on your intelligence, but with your interest as well. They go hand by hand.

~ Once you are inside the web development industry, age doesn't matter.

~ Before learning Php, you should have enough basic knowledge about HTML and CSS

Following up the above, when studying programming languages, you might be bored reading stuff like written tutorials and all that, (<-- that happens to me!). In my case, what I did is I looked for video tutorials. I used Lynda. com tutorials.

Last edited by Belinda; 03-01-2013 at 01:46 AM.

Old 03-01-2013, 09:08 AM

Quote:
It will be good if you can join some company to learn php, if you can not join any company, it will be good if you can get in touch with some of your friend who is good in php and you can start it learning at your home. If you have some programming concepts, it will not be a big job to learn it.
Thx for reply rockden, but I still don't get about programming concepts. If it's about coding, i have nothing. But if it's just imagination webs, I have a lot...

Quote:
~ There is no specific time-frame for learning Php or other programming/web development languages. It will depend not just on your intelligence, but with your interest as well. They go hand by hand.

~ Once you are inside the web development industry, age doesn't matter.

~ Before learning Php, you should have enough basic knowledge about HTML and CSS

Following up the above, when studying programming languages, you might be bored reading stuff like written tutorials and all that, (<-- that happens to me!). In my case, what I did is I looked for video tutorials. I used Lynda. com tutorials.
Thx for the answer terrence, recently I'm just collecting free scripts from internet, I have installed few of it.

Thx all, seems I have to rebuild my passion again. ( Start ==> right panel, choose shutdown menu and click Restart. I'm still using Win****... )

Old 03-02-2013, 12:07 PM
Contributing Member

Hi jonsep! You are welcome! If you really want it, you'll find ways to be there.

Old 03-02-2013, 12:16 PM
Super Moderator

I did not start to learn until I was 55. The only other experience I had for programing was a small amount of basic in the early 80's. Self taught all the way with some assists along the way from forum users.

You are never too old to learn.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Coding Forum