Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Coding Forum

Coding Forum Problems with your code? Discuss coding issues, including JavaScript, PHP & MySQL, HTML & CSS, Flash & ActionScript, and more.

Share |
Old 05-21-2013, 01:43 AM

Thumbs down Trying to solve for days -- background images not showing up in WP

Hey guys, I've been developing a website on dashzip.com, and all of the images all of the sudden stopped showing up. I developed this website from scratch, and am in the process of finishing it. I really am not sure why this happened. I fixed an error where a division of CSS wasn't closed, and a repeating closing tag. Neither of these helped!

This website was functional within the past 4-5 months. The last update I tried to make was to add another page called "start-page." I made my own template and have been updating them via the editor and Dreamweaver respectively. I'd really appreciate any insight! Thanks

-Kenny

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 05-21-2013, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny_ View Post
Hey guys, I've been developing a website on dashzip.com, and all of the images all of the sudden stopped showing up. I developed this website from scratch, and am in the process of finishing it. I really am not sure why this happened. I fixed an error where a division of CSS wasn't closed, and a repeating closing tag. Neither of these helped!

This website was functional within the past 4-5 months. The last update I tried to make was to add another page called "start-page." I made my own template and have been updating them via the editor and Dreamweaver respectively. I'd really appreciate any insight! Thanks

-Kenny
If anyone can't locate my .css please let me know! I'm pulling my hair out over this!

Old 05-21-2013, 12:56 PM
Administrator

Put something in here. It throws the browser for a loop when it is empty:
HTML Code:
<title> </title>
You forgot to put the url of your stylesheet here:
HTML Code:
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" href="" />

Old 05-21-2013, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTMLBasicTutor View Post
Put something in here. It throws the browser for a loop when it is empty:
HTML Code:
<title> </title>
You forgot to put the url of your stylesheet here:
HTML Code:
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" href="" />
Code:
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" href="<?php bloginfo( '#' ); ?>" />
Code:
<title> <?php /* * Print the <title> tag based on what is being viewed. */ global $page, $paged; wp_title( '|', true, 'right' ); // Add the blog name. bloginfo( 'name' ); // Add the blog description for the home/front page. $site_description = get_bloginfo( 'description', 'display' ); if ( $site_description && ( is_home() || is_front_page() ) ) echo " | $site_description"; // Add a page number if necessary: if ( $paged >= 2 || $page >= 2 ) echo ' | ' . sprintf( __( 'Page %s', 'twentyeleven' ), max( $paged, $page ) ); ?> </title>
That's what the values are for those fields. They are there so I have the option to add a blog section in wordpress. It was code sampled from the twentyeleven template.

Old 05-21-2013, 04:47 PM
Administrator

When I answered I had looked at the rendered coding on the page at the domain you gave.

This is what my copy of twentyeleven has for those parts that are not rendering:
Code:
<title><?php /* * Print the <title> tag based on what is being viewed. */ global $page, $paged; wp_title( '|', true, 'right' ); // Add the blog name. bloginfo( 'name' ); // Add the blog description for the home/front page. $site_description = get_bloginfo( 'description', 'display' ); if ( $site_description && ( is_home() || is_front_page() ) ) echo " | $site_description"; // Add a page number if necessary: if ( $paged >= 2 || $page >= 2 ) echo ' | ' . sprintf( __( 'Page %s', 'twentyeleven' ), max( $paged, $page ) ); ?></title>
Code:
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" href="<?php bloginfo( 'stylesheet_url' ); ?>" />

Old 05-21-2013, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTMLBasicTutor View Post
When I answered I had looked at the rendered coding on the page at the domain you gave.

This is what my copy of twentyeleven has for those parts that are not rendering:
Code:
<title><?php /* * Print the <title> tag based on what is being viewed. */ global $page, $paged; wp_title( '|', true, 'right' ); // Add the blog name. bloginfo( 'name' ); // Add the blog description for the home/front page. $site_description = get_bloginfo( 'description', 'display' ); if ( $site_description && ( is_home() || is_front_page() ) ) echo " | $site_description"; // Add a page number if necessary: if ( $paged >= 2 || $page >= 2 ) echo ' | ' . sprintf( __( 'Page %s', 'twentyeleven' ), max( $paged, $page ) ); ?></title>
Code:
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" href="<?php bloginfo( 'stylesheet_url' ); ?>" />
So since I haven't gone as far as to add the blog posting feature; should I remove it? Will that fix my website? It was working perfect with that php in there before. This is what confuses me most!

Old 05-23-2013, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny_ View Post
So since I haven't gone as far as to add the blog posting feature; should I remove it? Will that fix my website? It was working perfect with that php in there before. This is what confuses me most!
After toying with those fields located in header.php, I'm pretty certain they aren't the issue. I'm stumped at this point!

Edit: Worst part is, I found that I didn't add a semi-colon to the end of a line of CSS, and that wasn't even the problem! So beyond confused.

Last edited by kenny_; 05-23-2013 at 01:26 AM.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Coding Forum