Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Coding Forum

Coding Forum Problems with your code? Discuss coding issues, including JavaScript, PHP & MySQL, HTML & CSS, Flash & ActionScript, and more.

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 08-06-2013, 01:37 AM

Which PHP Framework is better for ERP Application (ZEND, Codeigniter,Yii)

hello guys i need a suggestion regarding which php framework to use for an ERP Application. We at our company have planned to make a ERP for Hotel. We are planing to cover aspects like - Room Booking, Restaurant, Cafe & Bar, Front Desk, Back Office, Kitchen, Inventory, Payment & Accounts etc.. The application will be installed on local server and work on intranet. Oracle will be used as database.

It is suggested by our analysis team that for payment, credit card swipe machine should be there. So the framework that we will choose should be compatible with 3rd party tools or APIs. Since database will be Oracle so framework should also be compatible with Oracle.
I have searched the web for the best suited framework. There are the top 3 frameworks- CI, Zend, Yii. I have not worked on any of the above frameworks. Which framework should i use.

Plz suggest guys.Thanks.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 08-07-2013, 01:19 PM
The Controversial Coder

I can't really advise you on which solution would be best for you - it's more of a personal choice really, some people prefer to work with CI rather than Zend, some people even prefer to use something like Smarty. They are all capable frameworks, you can always write a connector to connect to Databases so that shouldn't be a problem.

Just a quick tip though - if you're storing CC details then you may need to look into compliance, such as PCI-Compliance for storing such data, as well as the various security issues which come with that.

Old 08-07-2013, 10:33 PM

@Dan : Thanks for your comment. Actually this will be an Enterprise Software and more sort of a product for our company. I found out in various forums that most of the ERPs are made in Zend so just want to make sure we use the best framework for the product.

Old 08-12-2013, 03:38 AM

Personally, I don't like the smarty framework but its one of the best that can be used to create complex web solutions.

Old 08-12-2013, 07:44 AM
Contributing Member

I personally dislike Smarty as well. I find it very bloated.

I use propel orm and savant 3(templating) for our system. The propel ORM is really nice, and really speeds up my teams development, and code compliance with our current structure.

Old 08-12-2013, 07:47 AM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by atechkid View Post
Personally, I don't like the smarty framework but its one of the best that can be used to create complex web solutions.
Why don't you like it?

Old 09-06-2013, 02:21 AM
Contributing Member

I think CI will be the best one or you should go with smarty.
I am also looking for any Open Source ERP system, can you please know me the best which one i can use?

Old 09-12-2013, 06:09 PM
Contributing Member

Hmm.CI to small to medium project. Zend for large project. If your ERP application is big use Zend.

Old 10-15-2013, 05:00 AM

I would like to suggest that Zend is better than Codeigniter because zend is user friendly and more flexible than codeigniter.

Old 10-21-2013, 02:10 PM

I work with cakePHP framework which I find very flexible and powerful. If I'm correct Zend is based on cakePHP. There is a huge community and many information about cakephp I definitely recommend that one. Or if you really want to stick to your list then that Zend.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Coding Forum

Closed Thread