Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Coding Forum

Coding Forum Problems with your code? Discuss coding issues, including JavaScript, PHP & MySQL, HTML & CSS, Flash & ActionScript, and more.

Share |
Old 07-29-2014, 02:20 AM
Contributing Member

problems with google analytic

Hi I'm new to the forum, my problem is that when I copy the new google analytic code in my web <head>, website stops working.

anyone know how to fix this?

note: use PrestaShop 1.5.4.1
The website address is: maquinaria-taller.com

thanks.

Last edited by J. H. Rasmussen; 07-29-2014 at 04:13 AM. Reason: Moved to Coding Forum.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 07-29-2014, 04:15 PM
Super Moderator

Looking in the source markup(code) of the frontpage, i can see some php-code:
PHP Code:
<?php include_once("analyticstracking.php"?>
For some reason, it hasn't been processed by php, so you probably added the code the wrong place.

I don't have a lot of experience with PrestaShop, but i could see that they have an adSense module, that may be a good way to add adSense to your website, for now it looks like there forum is down, so i can't provide a link to this module.

Anyway, it may be easier to help you, if you could tell us if you have any experience with adding adSense to your website, and do you have an approved adSense account?

Old 07-29-2014, 10:56 PM
Contributing Member

Hi
As said above please try with that code, May be some problem in coding part, kindly check with the developer to fix the issues.

Old 07-30-2014, 01:05 AM
Contributing Member

I have adsense account but this is an e commerce web and can not have adsense.

if I put the <script> the web does not work.

With the php code has not collected any data in two days.

Old 07-30-2014, 12:37 PM
Super Moderator

Could you post the Google Analytics javascript code you have tried to use on the website in a new reply to this thread?

Old 07-30-2014, 05:57 PM
Super Moderator

lol i can see i talk about adSense in my first post in this thread, while the issue is about Google Analytics, sorry about that, i was a bit tired when i wrote that post.

So on topic, almost any website should be able to use Google Analytics, you just need to figure out where to add the code. I can see you're using the php version of the code, and it might be better to use the javascript version, especially if you need to add the code to a template. So where did you add the Google Analytics code, and what issue did you get because of it? E.g. did you add it to the template? And like i said in my previous post, if you could post the code you used in a new reply to this thread, then that would also help to figure out what the issue is.

Old 07-31-2014, 01:55 AM
Contributing Member

I can not paste the code, or a photo, not a url

You are only allowed to post URLs to other sites after You have made ​​20 posts or more.

Code:
<script> (function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){ (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o), m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m) })(window,document,'script','//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga'); ga('create', 'UA-45280782-1', 'auto'); ga('send', 'pageview'); </script>
this is the code I'm trying to add.

I tried it on the head and below the body.

Code:
<script type="text/javascript"> var _gaq = _gaq || []; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-45280782-1']); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']); (function() { var ga = document.createElement('script'); ga.type = 'text/javascript'; ga.async = true; ga.src = ('https:' == document.location.protocol ? 'https://ssl' : 'http://www') + '.google-analytics.com/ga.js'; var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(ga, s); })(); </script>
This is the old code if it works.

could be conflicts with other scrip?

Last edited by snakeair; 07-31-2014 at 06:22 AM. Reason: merged posts - use the edit feature

Old 08-14-2014, 02:05 AM
Contributing Member

You might not be receiving data as expected in your website, or the tracking status information might indicate that your website is not receiving data.
In this case, try to make troubleshoot settings properly. it may cause to stop the working.

Old 09-03-2014, 03:53 AM

Place your google analytics code into footer section before head. I think you will not getting problem after this.

Old 09-03-2014, 05:19 AM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickscrum View Post
Place your google analytics code into footer section before head. I think you will not getting problem after this.
Has that worked for you?

Google recommends adding it before the </head> tags.

Quote:
4.Paste your snippet (unaltered, in itís entirety) into every web page you want to track. Paste it immediately before the closing </head> tag.
If you use templates to dynamically generate pages for your site (like if you use PHP, ASP, or a similar technology), you can paste the tracking code snippet into its own file, then include it in your page header.
Source: https://support.google.com/analytics.../1008080?hl=en

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Coding Forum