Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Coding Forum

Coding Forum Problems with your code? Discuss coding issues, including JavaScript, PHP & MySQL, HTML & CSS, Flash & ActionScript, and more.

Share |
Old 12-04-2014, 06:33 PM

Twitter API - Not all accounts are added to a list

I'm using the Twitter API to add and remove accounts to a list. I add accounts each day and remove "yesterday's" accounts that aren't needed for today. I use a PHP loop to add 90 at a time as the documentation states that you can only add 100 at a time. The loop calls the API 3 times and tries to at 90, 90 and then 50 accounts in this case. But only 67 accounts were added. Then I read this:
Please note that there can be issues with lists that rapidly remove and add memberships. Take care when using these methods such that you are not too rapidly switching between removals and adds on the same list.
So I altered the code and removed all the accounts from the list and then add the required ones on a different page. But still not all are added. But if I reload the 'adding' script more are added each time, but not all of them... There should be 230 accounts today, but it will only add up to 204.

I'm using this: Twitter's "lists/members/create_all" to add multiple accounts.

Any thoughts?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Coding Forum