Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Coding Forum

Coding Forum Problems with your code? Discuss coding issues, including JavaScript, PHP & MySQL, HTML & CSS, Flash & ActionScript, and more.

Share |
Old 12-16-2014, 08:01 PM

Querying a Google Spreadsheet and displaying results in a webpage.

My organization uses Google Spreadsheets to store particular information about customers. I know we should have this information in a database of some form, but this is what we are stuck with in which every user can use.

My issue is that I am having trouble coming up with an input query that would pull specific information from the spreadsheet and display it in a div table below the search box once queried. The Google Spreadsheet is already published to the web for my organization, and I have no problems pulling the sheets that I created queries in to sort the main spreadsheet.

The goal is to have a search boxes with input fields based on Col1, Col2, Col3, and Col4 info. The more information entered would of course query a more direct row. However, I cannot for the life of me, or maybe I've gone brain dead, think about the scripting I would need to do such a thing.

At the moment I do not have any code to work with, but once I get things starting with everyone's suggestions I can begin to post what I am working with. I can create a "fictitious" spreadsheet later to show what I mean. I can also create a picture of what I want to occur as well.

Thanks beforehand!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 12-22-2014, 02:29 PM

No one has any insight on this? Anything will help, trust me. I just need any direction to go in.

Like right now I have the doc being pulled in via an iFrame.

Code:
<iframe width="931" height="720" frameborder="0" src="https://docs.google.com/a/{mydomain}/spreadsheet/pub?key={mykey}&single=true&gid=0&output=html&widget=true"></iframe>
The red parts are my domain and key, but because it is my business I don't have the authority to give them out.

Truthfully, I need some way of searching this iFrame, dropping the main table within the iFrame, and then drawing a new table with the search's query results.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Coding Forum