Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Coding Forum

Coding Forum Problems with your code? Discuss coding issues, including JavaScript, PHP & MySQL, HTML & CSS, Flash & ActionScript, and more.

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 06-29-2015, 09:12 AM

Question Framework in PHP

Hi all,

Wanted to know which are the best and easy framework to work on in PHP.?

Thank you,

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 06-29-2015, 01:53 PM

The most powerful frameworks offer a wide range of features and thus are generally more difficult to learn; so "best" and "easy" don't really go together (but I suppose once you learn it, it may be "easy").

There's lots of frameworks to choose from in PHP. Unlike other languages (e.g. NodeJS, Python with Django, Golang with standard library), there is no clearly most popular framework in PHP, instead all frameworks are used by a minority of developers.

Here's some directions to get started:

* CakePHP -- easier to get started, frequent updates, large community
* Laravel -- harder to learn but lots of resources
* Yii -- a bit lacking in documentation, but it has lots of features like grids and overall is pretty well designe

Old 06-30-2015, 06:05 AM
Contributing Member

The best and easiest framework for you will not be the best and easiest framework for your neighbor. The first metric is opinion-based, the latter measures usability for neophytes. A professional developer cares little for either.

In fact, a professional developer is one who can work without a framework and still produce organized, clean, and secure code.

Old 06-30-2015, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodooKobra View Post
In fact, a professional developer is one who can work without a framework and still produce organized, clean, and secure code.
Well, it's hard to produce "organized, clean, and secure code" when so much is missing from the standard library (e.g. a templating system that automatically handles variable escaping, terminating the script and alerting administrator on any error/warning rather than stupidly and stubbornly trying to keep interpreting to the end).

Old 06-30-2015, 08:14 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aperjl View Post
Well, it's hard to produce "organized, clean, and secure code" when so much is missing from the standard library (e.g. a templating system that automatically handles variable escaping, terminating the script and alerting administrator on any error/warning rather than stupidly and stubbornly trying to keep interpreting to the end).
No, you have to build those features yourself. And I've done so before, upon client request.

Old 06-30-2015, 08:16 AM

Quote:
No, you have to build those features yourself. And I've done so before, upon client request.
If you use a mature framework, then you're less likely to have bugs in the code.

Old 06-30-2015, 09:38 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
If you use a mature framework, then you're less likely to have bugs in the code.
Sure, but it would probably help to know I'm the guy who finds security vulnerabilities in popular frameworks.

https://scott.arciszewski.me/researc...ject-injection

http://seclists.org/fulldisclosure/2015/Apr/57

Etc.

Old 06-30-2015, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Sure, but it would probably help to know I'm the guy who finds security vulnerabilities in popular frameworks.

Etc.
Sorry, I don't understand, what exactly does that "help" with? It seems to only go to show that it's hard to write secure frameworks, so you should use a popular one rather than try to build your own.

Old 06-30-2015, 01:15 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Sorry, I don't understand, what exactly does that "help" with? It seems to only go to show that it's hard to write secure frameworks, so you should use a popular one rather than try to build your own.
It would help with understanding why I don't always use other peoples' frameworks, of course.

You're right, though. If someone isn't a security expert, they're better off blindly trusting a framework to do the right thing (and keep it up to date!) than trying to write it the right way themselves.

Old 06-30-2015, 09:36 PM

Hi,
According to me following are the best five PHP Frameworks, you can use any of following
Laravel, Phalcon, Symfony2, CodeIgniter and Yii

Old 07-02-2015, 05:21 PM
Contributing Member

I am using Laravel since over a year and i love it, there are tons of resources, tutorials, packages and active community, Laravel future looks bright.

Old 07-20-2015, 12:49 AM
Contributing Member

there are many framework that will really help you to develop best application.Depending on the need developer uses diffrenet framework in php. Some of the mostly frameworks are CakePHP,Zendframework2,FalconAura.

Old 07-20-2015, 05:37 AM

1.Laravel is the most popular PHP frameworks used by developers today.

2.Symfony is a flexible, scalable yet powerful PHP frameworks for MVC application. There are plenty of reusable PHP components that can can be used like Security, Templating, Translation, Validator, Form Config and more. Like Laravel, it’s alss modularize with Composer. Its goal is to make your web application creation and maintenance faster with less repetitive coding.

3.CodeIgniter is a free PHP framework maintain by EllisLab. It has an excellent documentation with large user community. There are many features that will make you taste CodeIgniter for your project such as no PHP version conflict, almost zero installation, easy error handling, easy security and encryption steps and has rich built-in libraries and helper.

4.CakePHP is a PHP framework that support version 4 and above. It is easy to learn with fast and flexible templating. The integrated CRUD (create, read, update and delete) is a handy feature in CakePHP for your database interaction. It also has various built-in feature for security, email, session, cookie and request handling.

5.Zend Framework is a scalable and full featured object-oriented PHP framework. It’s now available in version 2 with lots of new features and improvements. It has an online training and certification which make it popular and used by plenty of enterprise organizations. With its OOP (object-oriented programming) and design patterns consistency, you can easily extend custom classes and use only what you need.

Old 07-20-2015, 07:42 AM
Contributing Member

Frameworks come down to your personal preference. I like CodeIgniter, but others will insist on CakePHP or laravel. Different strokes for different folks

Old 08-19-2015, 03:06 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarunap View Post
Hi all,

Wanted to know which are the best and easy framework to work on in PHP.?

Thank you,
Depend upon want you want to achieve ,
Usually any MVC Framework like CakePHP, Zend Framework will be fine for you.

For Small or mid size work easiest is CodeIgniter

p/s: if you dont know coding, maybe WORDPRESS

Old 09-09-2015, 05:30 AM

There is nothing like best. The definition of best differs. However codeigniter is widely used.

Old 09-10-2015, 08:44 AM

Can any one get me few of the links where i can learn about Laraval.. Found it interesting and willing to learn it..

Thank in advance..

Old 09-11-2015, 04:48 AM
Contributing Member

I suggest you should go over to youtube, just search about its tutorial you can easily find them.

Old 09-27-2015, 02:19 AM

I go for Laravel due to its versatility, more functions and fast parsing speed.

Old 09-28-2015, 09:31 AM

Thank you everyone for the replies.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Coding Forum

Closed Thread