Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Coding Forum

Coding Forum Problems with your code? Discuss coding issues, including JavaScript, PHP & MySQL, HTML & CSS, Flash & ActionScript, and more.


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
  #1  
Old 07-17-2015, 12:37 AM
raxix's Avatar
raxix raxix is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 06-09-15
Location: Mohali, Chandigarh
Posts: 115
iTrader: 0 / 0%
What is the best PHP IDE in 2015?

I am looking for What is the best PHP IDE in 2015?

Last edited by J. H. Rasmussen; 07-17-2015 at 05:38 AM. Reason: Moved to Coding Forum section.
 

Advertisement

Advertisement

  #2  
Old 07-17-2015, 02:17 AM
Ord Allenbea Ord Allenbea is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 02-02-12
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,239
iTrader: 0 / 0%
I hand code all my stuff but I think you posted this in the wrong forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by raxix View Post
I am looking for What is the best PHP IDE in 2015?
 
  #3  
Old 07-17-2015, 04:00 AM
johanhns johanhns is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 05-24-15
Posts: 55
iTrader: 0 / 0%
According to requirement of PHP developers, the open source community of PHP has contributed many useful tools for productivity. There are a lot of Php IDEs available are out of which you can use depending upon your requiremnt. Some of these I have listed below:

Eclipse PDT,
Komodo IDE,
NetBeans IDE
PHPStorm,
Zendesk framework

Last edited by johanhns; 07-17-2015 at 04:11 AM.
 
  #4  
Old 07-17-2015, 04:09 AM
jackluter jackluter is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 07-07-14
Posts: 170
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Dreamweaver and phpstorm are the best php IDE in 2015.
 
  #5  
Old 07-17-2015, 05:23 AM
Ord Allenbea Ord Allenbea is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 02-02-12
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,239
iTrader: 0 / 0%
I am a php developer and I require none of those.. That is only for those that don't hand code all their stuff. This thread still has nothing to do with SEO...

Quote:
Originally Posted by johanhns View Post
According to requirement of PHP developers, the open source community of PHP has contributed many useful tools for productivity. There are a lot of Php IDEs available are out of which you can use depending upon your requiremnt. Some of these I have listed below:

Eclipse PDT,
Komodo IDE,
NetBeans IDE
PHPStorm,
Zendesk framework
 
  #6  
Old 07-17-2015, 05:46 AM
homer7 homer7 is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 03-26-12
Posts: 79
iTrader: 0 / 0%
PHPStorm is the BEST PHP IDE.

Sublime Text 3 is also great (not exactly an ide)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ord Allenbea View Post
I hand code all my stuff but I think you posted this in the wrong forum
Thug developer! using an ide/text editor will make your life way easier, faster coding and more productive, it has a learning curve but worth it for the long term if you are serious developer.
 
  #7  
Old 07-17-2015, 08:56 AM
eagle12 eagle12 is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 11-30-11
Posts: 137
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Hand coding is not efficient. There are a lot of helpful IDE's out there that will speed up the development process, and add to consistency to the overall code base.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ord Allenbea View Post
I am a php developer and I require none of those.. That is only for those that don't hand code all their stuff. This thread still has nothing to do with SEO...
 
  #8  
Old 07-17-2015, 01:30 PM
Ord Allenbea Ord Allenbea is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 02-02-12
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,239
iTrader: 0 / 0%
I been online for 32 years and doing website development for over 20 years. I hand code all my stuff and always will. I disagree with you that it's not efficient.


Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle12 View Post
Hand coding is not efficient. There are a lot of helpful IDE's out there that will speed up the development process, and add to consistency to the overall code base.
 
  #9  
Old 07-20-2015, 11:08 AM
Meerkat's Avatar
Meerkat Meerkat is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 12-30-11
Location: # /England/Hull/
Posts: 65
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Just because you don't use an IDE doesn't mean you're a better developer. If anything I strongly believe that they make you a better developer. They help you increase your production speed, help you bug fix, and all in all, make you more money.

People who aren't using IDE's are just scared to move forward, technology advances as it always has and always will. I used to use notepad 10 years ago, now I use PHPStorm and I've got to say; it's fantastic.

I'm guessing you still use plain old CSS too, right? Not Sass or Less? Still build websites in tables and not use one of the brilliant frameworks out there? (foundation, bootstrap, etc)
 
  #10  
Old 07-20-2015, 11:47 AM
Ord Allenbea Ord Allenbea is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 02-02-12
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,239
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Nope my sites are updated CSS and HTML 5 and still all hand coded. I dont need software to do things that my brain can do.

Don't assume just because I decide by my choice to hand code things that I am back in the 1980's.

My websites rank in Google and you can't do that with broken html and out of date code (well you can but your rankings will suffer).


Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat View Post
Just because you don't use an IDE doesn't mean you're a better developer. If anything I strongly believe that they make you a better developer. They help you increase your production speed, help you bug fix, and all in all, make you more money.

People who aren't using IDE's are just scared to move forward, technology advances as it always has and always will. I used to use notepad 10 years ago, now I use PHPStorm and I've got to say; it's fantastic.

I'm guessing you still use plain old CSS too, right? Not Sass or Less? Still build websites in tables and not use one of the brilliant frameworks out there? (foundation, bootstrap, etc)
 
  #11  
Old 07-20-2015, 02:00 PM
homer7 homer7 is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 03-26-12
Posts: 79
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ord Allenbea View Post
Nope my sites are updated CSS and HTML 5 and still all hand coded. I dont need software to do things that my brain can do.
What kind of things exactly?, if you have a lots of time to waste typing repetitive code that you can easily generate (snippets) with one Tab key, most developers today don't have that time, idk how you feel about writing a basic html markup on each page you create, i hate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ord Allenbea View Post
My websites rank in Google and you can't do that with broken html and out of date code (well you can but your rankings will suffer).
You are less likely to have a broken html when you use an IDE (syntax highlighting, auto closing tags, matching tags and brackets... )

none of your points make sense to me.
 
  #12  
Old 07-20-2015, 03:42 PM
Ord Allenbea Ord Allenbea is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 02-02-12
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,239
iTrader: 0 / 0%
I am used to doing it this way as I have done it for so many years. I have my own preset snippets of code to copy and paste. I have no broken html but html code has to be done per page anyways because I include all SEO elements in my sites. I don't build wordpress blogs and call them websites, I build actual websites and thus each page will be different anyways.

Nothing wrong with people that use software. If it is easier for them then I say go for it but for me I like to hand code my stuff. Don't get me wrong as I am not saying I am the best coder in the world or I am better because I hand code my stuff. I am first and foremost a website designer and SEO specialist. We all have our ways of doing things and as long as it gets the job done that's all that matters


Quote:
Originally Posted by homer7 View Post
What kind of things exactly?, if you have a lots of time to waste typing repetitive code that you can easily generate (snippets) with one Tab key, most developers today don't have that time, idk how you feel about writing a basic html markup on each page you create, i hate it.



You are less likely to have a broken html when you use an IDE (syntax highlighting, auto closing tags, matching tags and brackets... )

none of your points make sense to me.
 
  #13  
Old 07-22-2015, 02:46 PM
Dan Williamson Dan Williamson is offline
The Controversial Coder
 
Join Date: 05-01-06
Location: Manchester; UK
Posts: 2,710
iTrader: 0 / 0%
So what you are saying is that basically, you use Notepad to manually copy and then paste your 'pre-set' code into Notepad, that seems highly inefficient, although assuming affiliatemark is your website, I can see that you still think we're in the late 90s early 00s.

There's not really a 'best' IDE, they all have pretty similar features, it's whichever you feel more comfortable with, the Webstorm IDEs have become massively popular, especially in Python, Javascript and PHP so you may want to check those out, but they also cost which is the downside.

Personally I use a combination of Vim, Sublime and Visual Studio these days. But out of them I would only really call Visual Studio an actual IDE.
 
  #14  
Old 07-22-2015, 03:23 PM
Ord Allenbea Ord Allenbea is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 02-02-12
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,239
iTrader: 0 / 0%
As a developer you should know affiliatemark is a wordpress blog and nothing more. It's a test domain - please look at the time/date between post. There are other things not in public on that domain but fact is the domain is used for nothing but testing SEO and some other marketing things.

Why are you getting so defensive ?? I use SciTE as my editor and yes I hand code it all. Why should that be a problem with you or anyone else ? I spend my time hand coding for reasons you will prob never understand but the hostility I don't get. To each his own.

If you like to fix your car yourself then so be it
If you rather hire a mechanic to fix your car then so be it
If you rather the car dealership fix your car then so be it

There is nothing wrong with either option because we got free will to choose what we do in life and nobody has the right to judge another for his / her own choices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Williamson View Post
So what you are saying is that basically, you use Notepad to manually copy and then paste your 'pre-set' code into Notepad, that seems highly inefficient, although assuming affiliatemark is your website, I can see that you still think we're in the late 90s early 00s.

There's not really a 'best' IDE, they all have pretty similar features, it's whichever you feel more comfortable with, the Webstorm IDEs have become massively popular, especially in Python, Javascript and PHP so you may want to check those out, but they also cost which is the downside.

Personally I use a combination of Vim, Sublime and Visual Studio these days. But out of them I would only really call Visual Studio an actual IDE.
 
  #15  
Old 07-23-2015, 05:07 AM
billzo billzo is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 07-29-12
Posts: 50
iTrader: 0 / 0%
I use NetBeans and I love it. Best of all, it is free. It has a great debugger that allows you to step through PHP code line-by-line so you can find bugs and understand exactly what is going on. With NetBeans, you can also develop in other languages in addition to PHP. And it is not a bad HTML/CSS editor either.

In the past, I tried PHPEdit. It is good, but it is not free.
 
  #16  
Old 07-23-2015, 07:04 AM
eagle12 eagle12 is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 11-30-11
Posts: 137
iTrader: 0 / 0%
The problem is your original reply to me insinuated that hand coding is efficient. I wholeheartedly disagree. You are absolutely not nearly as efficient as someone using an IDE. IDE doesn't mean that it is a WYSIWYG so there is a lot of hand coding done, but it puts checks into place that help with debugging, consistency etc.

If I had to guess you have worked by yourself for most of your career. Working with a team of developers an IDE is an absolute must. In fact to work in my team you use the same IDE as everyone else for most of your development.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ord Allenbea View Post
As a developer you should know affiliatemark is a wordpress blog and nothing more. It's a test domain - please look at the time/date between post. There are other things not in public on that domain but fact is the domain is used for nothing but testing SEO and some other marketing things.

Why are you getting so defensive ?? I use SciTE as my editor and yes I hand code it all. Why should that be a problem with you or anyone else ? I spend my time hand coding for reasons you will prob never understand but the hostility I don't get. To each his own.

If you like to fix your car yourself then so be it
If you rather hire a mechanic to fix your car then so be it
If you rather the car dealership fix your car then so be it

There is nothing wrong with either option because we got free will to choose what we do in life and nobody has the right to judge another for his / her own choices.


 
  #17  
Old 07-23-2015, 08:14 PM
Ord Allenbea Ord Allenbea is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 02-02-12
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,239
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Go back and read the thread you said specifically:

Quote:
Hand coding is not efficient
That is your opinion and not a fact but you stated it as fact. I insinuated nothing, you did. I stated specifically:

Quote:
I disagree with you that it's not efficient.
I did not state a fact but stated my opinion because FOR ME it is efficient.

If you are a painter with years of experience doing things your way should I judge you and tell you that you are doing it wrong because 100 other painters do it another way ??

To each his own! Stop with the hostility!


Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle12 View Post
The problem is your original reply to me insinuated that hand coding is efficient. I wholeheartedly disagree. You are absolutely not nearly as efficient as someone using an IDE. IDE doesn't mean that it is a WYSIWYG so there is a lot of hand coding done, but it puts checks into place that help with debugging, consistency etc.

If I had to guess you have worked by yourself for most of your career. Working with a team of developers an IDE is an absolute must. In fact to work in my team you use the same IDE as everyone else for most of your development.
 
  #18  
Old 07-24-2015, 04:05 AM
eagle12 eagle12 is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 11-30-11
Posts: 137
iTrader: 0 / 0%
First, relax, there is no hostility in my post. Just a difference of opinion. Second, comparing painting to development is not a fair comparison. I would say comparing an accountant that does everything on paper, to one that does it using a computer is a better comparison.

You are saying that I am stating an opinion, which I am not. I am telling you for a fact because of experience, that I can develop a site using an IDE faster than you can using notepad. You can choose not to believe it if you like, but you are in the minority when it comes to this. There is a reason for that...

Things change, and process changes typically for the better. You are in a technology field, and adapting is key. Sticking to your guns because that is always how you did it is a good way to fall behind and become irrelevant. If everyone did that we would still be developing using tables, there would be no responsive designs, AJAX wouldn't be a thing.

All I am saying is stating that hand coding is better because that is how you do it is wrong. Giving advice to people who are asking about IDE's saying to hand code is wrong. You may prefer it, but like I said before you are not the norm when it comes to this.

PS there is no intended hostility in this.
 
  #19  
Old 07-24-2015, 04:46 AM
Ord Allenbea Ord Allenbea is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 02-02-12
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,239
iTrader: 0 / 0%
First off I only responded to this thread because it was posted in the wrong forum - Read my post please.

Second I gave no advice at all - only stated I hand code my stuff - read my post please.

Third hand coding may be wrong to YOU but it is not to ME. I never once stated anything about hand coding being better - Again READ MY POST!

Forth with that said I am done with this thread because obviously some have problems reading.


Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle12 View Post
First, relax, there is no hostility in my post. Just a difference of opinion. Second, comparing painting to development is not a fair comparison. I would say comparing an accountant that does everything on paper, to one that does it using a computer is a better comparison.

You are saying that I am stating an opinion, which I am not. I am telling you for a fact because of experience, that I can develop a site using an IDE faster than you can using notepad. You can choose not to believe it if you like, but you are in the minority when it comes to this. There is a reason for that...

Things change, and process changes typically for the better. You are in a technology field, and adapting is key. Sticking to your guns because that is always how you did it is a good way to fall behind and become irrelevant. If everyone did that we would still be developing using tables, there would be no responsive designs, AJAX wouldn't be a thing.

All I am saying is stating that hand coding is better because that is how you do it is wrong. Giving advice to people who are asking about IDE's saying to hand code is wrong. You may prefer it, but like I said before you are not the norm when it comes to this.

PS there is no intended hostility in this.
 
  #20  
Old 07-24-2015, 01:02 PM
eagle12 eagle12 is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 11-30-11
Posts: 137
iTrader: 0 / 0%
1. Regardless of where it was posted, this is where it is now.

2. This is an opinion / advice post. So yes you did state your opinion / adivce

3. Never said it is wrong, said it isn't efficient. Settle yourself down, no need to attack.

4. Again attacking because you have no valid response.

This is a thread about IDE's. If you didn't want people to comment on your choice / opinion then you shouldn't have posted.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Ord Allenbea View Post
First off I only responded to this thread because it was posted in the wrong forum - Read my post please.

Second I gave no advice at all - only stated I hand code my stuff - read my post please.

Third hand coding may be wrong to YOU but it is not to ME. I never once stated anything about hand coding being better - Again READ MY POST!

Forth with that said I am done with this thread because obviously some have problems reading.
 
Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Coding Forum

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SEO Tactics For 2015? SmartMoneyFinance SEO Forum 8 03-23-2015 06:04 AM
The Day Before 2015 Begins F75 Forum Lobby 4 01-11-2015 10:48 PM
changes seo 2015 trannam2016 SEO Forum 11 01-05-2015 03:40 AM
world cup 2015 pintukennady31 Forum Lobby 9 12-27-2014 06:49 PM


V7N Network
Get exposure! V7N I Love Photography V7N SEO Blog V7N Directory


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:43 AM.
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright 2000-2014 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
Copyright © 2003 - 2018 VIX-WomensForum LLC