Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Coding Forum

Coding Forum Problems with your code? Discuss coding issues, including JavaScript, PHP & MySQL, HTML & CSS, Flash & ActionScript, and more.

Share |
Old 08-13-2015, 02:23 PM

Thumbs down ,htaccess Web traffic redirect from port 80 to new site

Hi,
I wish to do a redirect via .htaccess from old.example.com:80 any location to new.example.org/home/. I still want to be able to access the control panel on old.example.com:10000.

Basically everything from the old site is being sent to the home page of the new site, since it was decided to get rid of a whole lot of ancient stuff and start fresh.

But while all web traffic is sent to the new site home, I still want to access the old site's control panel.

I've sent 99% of the traffic by redirecting with A PHP redirect in the top of the old MediaWiki index.php, There are a few scattered non-wiki links I've been asked to redirect to the new site.

I searched Google but for the life of me I could not find anyone having asked a question of how to forward all web content to the new site but still retain access to the old control panel.

Thanks

Advertisement

Advertisement

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Coding Forum