Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Coding Forum

Coding Forum Problems with your code? Discuss coding issues, including JavaScript, PHP & MySQL, HTML & CSS, Flash & ActionScript, and more.

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 12-23-2015, 07:29 AM
Contributing Member

How Can I Build A Membership Script For A Website

I want to build a membership website that offers project & thesis writing services with the following features/functionality:

clients will be able to register/login into their dashboard

A financial system where clients will be charged based on the volume of their work i.e. t e no of page and number of days for their job to be delivered.

A market place where members can upload the works for sale (after the sales, they can view the numbers of sales in their dashboard and their amount earned and also a system where our commission will be deducted and the balance will be shown on the clients area for withdrawal. There will be a payout request functionality)

Online payment API
I have a fair knowledge about PHP and beginner in python.

Which language should i use fr this project?

and which area should i focus for the course of this work?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 12-26-2015, 12:49 PM

PHP is a easy and powerful language that you can use perfectly for that project. I recommend to use it combined with any fast and easy to learn framework, like Codeigniter or Laravel, for example. The advantage using this kind of frameworks is that once you learn the basics you can develop your web app very quickly with a solid code structure that makes it easy to modify and to improve.

Old 01-03-2016, 11:33 PM
Contributing Member

First of all, let me warn you - this sounds like a complex job, involving payments, escrows etc. So if you are a beginner, it is probably too big for you. When you say you have a fair knowledge about PHP, it doesn't sound like you have good knowledge doing professional work in PHP. If you are not a pro and take a up a large project to do from scracth, more often than not, it doesn't end up successful. So be relaistic in your estimate.

Secondly, I feel you are not very clear about what you want. A membership site is where members can pay a monthly / one time fee and get content based on their mebership level. Yours isn't one. What you need is a freelance site. Clients post projeccts, freelancers bid, one of them is selected and do the work and get paid.

This is a very complex work, considering you need lot of support services like a message board, probably escrow, customer support system, profiles etc. My advice is to get a ready made product - there are many - and customize. That would be the safest, cheapest and fastest.

Finally, if you are confused about PHP vs something else, always go for PHP. PHP is the most popular, with tons of programmers, scripts, resources, hosting support and so on. If you need something else, you will have a specific reason and there won't be a confusion.

Old 01-04-2016, 04:43 AM

You should go with any PHP framework like Codeignetor, By using CI frameowrk you can easily achieve what you required in your project.

Old 01-04-2016, 11:04 PM

I feel you are not very clear about what you want. A membership site is where members can pay a monthly / one time fee and get content based on their mebership level. Yours isn't one. What you need is a freelance site. Clients post projeccts, freelancers bid, one of them is selected and do the work and get paid.

Old 01-17-2016, 04:24 PM
Contributing Member

Learn programming or hire one....
You can`t ask in forums how to build a house - your learn its as your profession or hide a professinal

Old 03-16-2016, 03:55 AM

read this info, definitely will help you. . .ericstips.com/tips/lesson32/

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Coding Forum

Closed Thread