Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Coding Forum

Coding Forum Problems with your code? Discuss coding issues, including JavaScript, PHP & MySQL, HTML & CSS, Flash & ActionScript, and more.

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 06-22-2016, 02:37 AM
Contributing Member

Google’s Safe Browsing detected that some pages on my site might be hacked

Hi all, I have a problem on my wordpress website http://www.travelslovenia.org and I hope someone here would be able to help me fix this problem. I just received a message from Google’s Safe Browsing systems saying that they 'detected that some pages on my site might be hacked or might include third party resources such as ads that are designed to trick users into installing malicious software or giving up sensitive information'. The problem is in the following URL: http://www.travelslovenia.org/~cnacacavav/serveur-admin/ecur/cmd/freemobs/moncompte/index.php

I don't know how this URL appeared on my website, it shouldn't exist and I don't know how to delete it. Can someone please tell me what should I do to fix this problem?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 06-22-2016, 08:57 AM
Administrator

You are going to have to contact your web hosting to figure out how the bad link was added. Right now it redirects to a suspended page by your web hosting company.

Old 06-29-2016, 12:17 AM
Contributing Member

I solved the problem.

This was a false-positive warning for my domain, the phishing page came from another site hosted on the same shared host on HostGator. Initially, I thought my site has been compromised; but since I always use strong passwords and pay attention to site security, I couldn't work out how. The Hostgator and Sitelock supports didn't give any concrete help so I decided to do a little research on my own to see what's going on and learned that the phishing page came from another site hosted on the same shared Hostgator host, and was accessible via a URL like:
http://www.travelslovenia.org/~baduser/xyx/etc/

In fact, it turns out that the website of any other user on the same shared host is accessible via my site's address using ~user. Ouch! And incredibly, HostGator enables this behavior by default. I contacted Hostgator's technical support and ask them to disable mod_userdir and so the problem was solved.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Coding Forum

Closed Thread