Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Coding Forum

Coding Forum Problems with your code? Discuss coding issues, including JavaScript, PHP & MySQL, HTML & CSS, Flash & ActionScript, and more.

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 07-08-2016, 10:21 AM
Contributing Member

what is the best language for coding?

i want to start coding... wich is the best language?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 07-08-2016, 12:28 PM
Super Moderator

PHP is everywhere. With some forum help here and there, I muddled along and managed to do everything I wanted to do.

Old 07-09-2016, 10:48 PM
Contributing Member

If you want to start coding then it is good to start from c language .As it is base for most of the languages .But if you know that in which language you want to be a good coder then i can help you as i am java developer with 3 years of experience .

Old 07-12-2016, 03:46 AM

This is a very broad question. Both languages posted above are good starting points. What exactly do you want to do?

Old 07-12-2016, 10:58 PM
Banned

HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Jquery and PHP are best languages to learn easily. These languages help you to create good website and web application easily. It is open source programming language due to this reason it is very cost effective.

Old 07-13-2016, 07:18 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by torat hossain View Post
I agree with the advice given so far but can I ask you a personal question?

You want to learning coding which is great, perhaps in the future I'll hire you for coding jobs. lol

Ok, what do you want to do when you become a coding expert as in learn all the languages and feel confident in taking coding jobs..etc

If you want to code for a certain CMS software we could tell you the languages to learn to be able to code anything for that CMS.

Old 07-15-2016, 01:23 PM

You will get entirely subjective answers on this, but I'll list some advantages of PHP and Nodejs

- PHP: Made for the web and is the most widely used programming language on it. Because of this, you can find the most amount of help. It also has the easiest learning curve, which some experts view as a flaw

- Nodejs: A new player in the game and seems to constantly get the latest stuff before any other language. It is literally JavaScript, but also a programming language, which obviously provides benefits, like for data scraping

Old 07-15-2016, 08:31 PM

Depends on what you want to do with it really like what other people have already said but in my opinion if you want to get into coding you would be best learning a object orientated programming language like Java or C#. This will give the underlying principles and concepts of coding that will be around for years. If you learn one particular language, who knows whether it will be in the "in" thing in years to come..Perl was tipped as the next PHP..now hardly any sites are using it. Who knows what will happen to Ruby and the Rails framework? If you learn a OO programming language..then if a new language comes out you will be able to learn and use. it easily.the syntax may differ slightly but the concepts will remain the same (C# wasn't around 15 years ago but C++ programmers found it an easy transition).

Also, PHP is purely a web based language..if you learn C#..if gives the ability to write windows applications / mobile apps.

Old 07-21-2016, 06:22 AM

It depends on what you want to do. Like you have a set of weapons, each one is suitable for a particular job, so no one is the best
But i can suggest you learn Java, Python, C (C++), Javascript nowadays

Old 08-26-2016, 02:11 AM

Use C# easy and advanced language . You can find lot of tutorial on youtube and on sites

Old 09-02-2016, 01:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScriptMan View Post
PHP is everywhere. With some forum help here and there, I muddled along and managed to do everything I wanted to do.
Yes, the growth in PHP developers is increasing with time. PHP is a powerful dynamic language. There are many extensions and plug-ins to help speedup the project development and to easily keep the website secure from the hackers attack. PHP is one of the most widely used languages in web development and had significant edge over its competitors as it is open source, stable and extremely powerful. As a matter of fact, most of the recruiters, the world over, look to hire PHP developers and programmers to build dynamic websites which are responsive and interactive as well.

Old 09-02-2016, 09:30 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by soda6 View Post
If you want to start coding then it is good to start from c language .As it is base for most of the languages .But if you know that in which language you want to be a good coder then i can help you as i am java developer with 3 years of experience .
thank you for your responds . yes bro, i am learning c language now. but i have not desided any specific laguage

Quote:
Originally Posted by brogrammer30 View Post
You will get entirely subjective answers on this, but I'll list some advantages of PHP and Nodejs

- PHP: Made for the web and is the most widely used programming language on it. Because of this, you can find the most amount of help. It also has the easiest learning curve, which some experts view as a flaw

- Nodejs: A new player in the game and seems to constantly get the latest stuff before any other language. It is literally JavaScript, but also a programming language, which obviously provides benefits, like for data scraping
Oh looks like PHP is the best for starting coding. but what about HTML bro? and what is Nodejs ? is it another language ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrymorgan View Post
Depends on what you want to do with it really like what other people have already said but in my opinion if you want to get into coding you would be best learning a object orientated programming language like Java or C#. This will give the underlying principles and concepts of coding that will be around for years. If you learn one particular language, who knows whether it will be in the "in" thing in years to come..Perl was tipped as the next PHP..now hardly any sites are using it. Who knows what will happen to Ruby and the Rails framework? If you learn a OO programming language..then if a new language comes out you will be able to learn and use. it easily.the syntax may differ slightly but the concepts will remain the same (C# wasn't around 15 years ago but C++ programmers found it an easy transition).

Also, PHP is purely a web based language..if you learn C#..if gives the ability to write windows applications / mobile apps.
what is object orientated programming language ? can you explain me more. and is C# a web language ? sorry bro its hard to understand those because i am like noob

Last edited by snakeair; 09-03-2016 at 01:47 AM. Reason: merged posts - use multi-quote button

Old 09-07-2016, 01:45 AM

All of language. Except .NET (for me) T__T

Old 09-07-2016, 02:29 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by devshare View Post
All of language. Except .NET (for me) T__T
what is .NET bro ? can you explain me ?

Old 09-07-2016, 09:56 AM

The Best Programming Langugage i recommend to you: Java, HTML5, JavaScript, PHP

Old 09-07-2016, 12:59 PM

For a beginner the best php and java

Old 09-07-2016, 09:46 PM

My opinion about best coding is PHP. It is easy to Understand and you can do without confusion

Old 09-08-2016, 03:21 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by torat hossain View Post
1.PHP
2.JavaScript
3.Python

Old 09-10-2016, 03:18 PM
Contributing Member

For web development HTML, CSS, Javascript, PHP, and MySQL is the basic knowledge set right now.

Outside of web Java and C# are the current basic programming languages.

Old 09-15-2016, 10:30 PM
Contributing Member

Thumbs up It depends on the type of development you want to do

If you want to become a software developer then
Best languages are
C
C++
Java
For web development
Html css
Javascript
Php