Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Coding Forum

Coding Forum Problems with your code? Discuss coding issues, including JavaScript, PHP & MySQL, HTML & CSS, Flash & ActionScript, and more.

Share |
Old 07-19-2016, 04:59 PM
Contributing Member

Hiding a "Channel", but not a "Category"

In a php video-web-script that I'm using, I modified the (video)Upload Form by hiding the select-a-channel drop-down choices, in the Form, essentially like this:

Code:
<li><input type="hidden" name="channel" value="1"/></li>
(so, that the Channel is pre-determined for the uploader/user).

But, when the Channel is hidden like that, the next field box(sub-categories) in the Form, shows no choices. Apparently, in this Upload Form a Channel choice is required in order to see the sub-category choices.

So, I'm trying to figure out a way to hide the channel, but somehow let the Form know that Channel has been chosen, so that the sub-category drop-down choices are available for choosing, and proceeding.

Here's the code without the hidden Channel:

Code:
<li style="width:240px; text-align:right;"><strong>[var.lang_select_channel]:</strong></li> <li style="width:400px; text-align:left;"> <select class="upload-video-form-input" style="width:160px;" size="1" name="channel" onchange="javascript:ahahscript.ahah('[var.base_url]/uploader.php?sub_cat='+ document.form_upload.channel.value, 'sub_change', '', 'GET', '', this);"> &nbsp;[var.fields_all;htmlconv=no]</select>&nbsp;([var.lang_select_one])</li> <li style="width:240px; text-align:right">&nbsp;</li> <li style="width:380px" class="font5_14"><strong>[var.lang_sub_categories]</strong></li> <li style="width:240px; text-align:right"><strong>[var.lang_sub_cat]:&nbsp;</strong></li> <li style="width:400px; text-align:left;" id="sub_change"><select class="upload-video-form-input" style="width:160px;" size="1" name="sub_cat"></select>&nbsp;([var.lang_optional])</li>
Any ideas regarding "hide the channel, but somehow let the Form know that Channel has been chosen, so that the sub-category drop-down choices are available for choosing" will be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 07-20-2016, 01:46 AM
Super Moderator

Without spending more time than I have right now all I can do is point your in the right direction.

In the PHP portion of the script you will need to assign a value to the variable channel.

If you want it to work both ways you will need to do that with an IF() statement. Psuedo php: If this condition is met channel== else channel == input from the form.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Coding Forum