Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Coding Forum

Coding Forum Problems with your code? Discuss coding issues, including JavaScript, PHP & MySQL, HTML & CSS, Flash & ActionScript, and more.

Share |
Old 07-04-2017, 12:38 AM
Contributing Member

There is No best language to learn because in IT industry thinks keeps on updating in seconds , So now what company demands for what language its impossible to answer.
Most Trendy is Java and Android and in developer option Wordpress and angular are mostly hiered by companies .
But the Basic thought is learn any language , learn just HTML but be Efficient Enough so that no one can drop you down.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 07-24-2017, 04:34 AM

There isn't a language that is the best. It really comes down to preference and what you're trying to do. If you're looking into web development, I suggest learning HTML and CSS first. Then once you have a firm grasp of those, move on to PHP and MySQL.

Old 08-18-2017, 05:50 AM

Hello, According to our analysis, these are the some of the good programming languages of 2017 to be learned:
Javascript
Java
Python
PHP
R
Matlab
Arduino
Swift
It completely depends on the purpose of development. All programming languages have own advantages & limitations. But I actually prefer Laravel Framework for the creating web application development. Every developer has a different choice to build websites or software.

Old 09-04-2017, 06:32 AM

Depends on what you want to develop. I don't believe there's any "best" programming language. Almost all languages are Turing Complete and have the capability to do the work. Choose the one that offers you the best powers of concept for the problem domain that you are working to model. And it will be your "best" language for that website or domain.

Old 09-07-2017, 06:47 AM

No programming language is best. Each language is best in its specific use case. Once you know why you want to learn a PL.

Old 09-10-2017, 01:16 PM
Contributing Member

Yea there is no best language. It depends on the field one is in and what one is trying to accomplish. C/C++ fits well in the gaming world but it struggles (in terms of rapid development) in the web world vs say PHP or Python. This is prolly why developers tend to know many lanuages. And all of them share similarities anyway so its not hard or necessary to learn only one.

Old 09-17-2017, 11:41 AM
Contributing Member

You are right There's no such thing as best language. Different people have their best language different.
For me it was javascript. It is a versatile language. You can build anything with javascript.
I never learned android, but build few android application with the help of scripting language [Javascript].

Old 10-02-2017, 10:15 AM
Contributing Member

I'd like to add that getting proficient with HTML, CSS and JS also opens the door for mobile app development using the Phonegap/Cordova framework...

Last edited by bywaterdigital; 10-02-2017 at 10:25 AM.

Old 10-11-2017, 05:49 AM

It's completely depending your interest and capabilities,if you are good at analytical skills then go for a java,c# or good at creative and simple go for a html, css, PHP, etc.,

Old 10-30-2017, 10:21 PM

I've been a dev/engineer for the last 5 years. Started learning since then. Like others say, there's no best language. If you are a beginner, depending on what you want to do:

- If you want to build websites, webapps and apps then stating at HTML, CSS, Javascript etc is a good place

- If you are more engineering, machine learning, data-driven, Python is great.

I've recently built a little pet project of mine, Cody, an "AI" chatbot that'll learn about what you want to do and give you the best tutorials for it. It has a combined collection of all the best coding tutorials for each topic

heycody.io

Check it out, love to hear what you like and don't like.

Old 10-30-2017, 11:27 PM
Banned

Dynamic languages are generally easier for total beginners to learn because they’re flexible and fun. You can quickly build an app from scratch with less lines of code, and there is no hard rule on how to write things to behave in the way you want them to. As dynamic languages are usually very high level languages, you'd spend less time trying to get the details right and more time learning programming concepts, which is another reason dynamically typed languages are popular with beginners who are motivated by being able to build things and see results quickly.

-Ruby
-java script
-python
-php

Old 11-06-2017, 02:31 AM

80% of the top 10 million websites use PHP. PHP is particularly popular for freelance work, since many small businesses or non-technical people would want to use WordPress, Wix, or other popular content management systems to set up their websites or shopping carts.

Old 11-28-2017, 11:33 AM

Hmm... That depends on what you are doing. For example : if you are programming for embedded systems C is the best choice or if you do about security python is easier choice

Old 12-16-2017, 04:08 AM

I am sure many hardcore developers would start throwing stones at you for saying that HTML and CSS are "languages"

Old 12-16-2017, 05:22 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndriusDono View Post
I am sure many hardcore developers would start throwing stones at you for saying that HTML and CSS are "languages"
I don't know about that. The "L" in HTML stands for "Language", but by definition is a "markup language. I believe CSS is also defined as "markup" as well . Correct me if I'm wrong, as I'm not a programmer.

Old 12-16-2017, 05:26 AM

Yes, they are languages, but they are "markup languages", not "programming languages" because they lack essential things, such as conditional operators, etc.

Old 04-04-2018, 01:26 AM

There is no such thing called the best languages yet If you're a beginner then, you can start with learning HTML & CCS. After that try to learn PHP and JAVA.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Coding Forum