Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue > Contextual Networks

Contextual Networks Focuses on discussions concerning contextual ad network programs.

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 03-03-2013, 06:49 AM

best way to monetize new blog?

Hello,

I have question. I have new blog since 6 months, and I write original content (not in English ). I want start monetizing blog, and from what i read, best I do link ads. so my question is how to do links ads? Go with company that do link ads or join affiliate network like CJ or linkshare and post links on my own for recommend products?

thank you for help newbie.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 03-03-2013, 07:22 AM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanZ View Post
Hello,

I have question. I have new blog since 6 months, and I write original content (not in English ). I want start monetizing blog, and from what i read, best I do link ads. so my question is how to do links ads? Go with company that do link ads or join affiliate network like CJ or linkshare and post links on my own for recommend products?

thank you for help newbie.
You could try out all kinds of ways to make money from your website. It might take a few months to find something that converts well. For link ads, try signing up at media.net

http://www.media.net/

Old 03-03-2013, 07:39 AM

Thank you. I'm not sure what type would be best and how to start. i have few hundred visitors per week. Thank you for answer.

Old 03-03-2013, 09:11 AM

Even though Google can be a complete jackass, I still like adsense because it's the easiest way to monetize a blog. Just be careful blogging using curse words and even models in bikinis can get you banned, because Google wants to keep in "family oriented" (whatever) so blogs containing "vulgar" or "adult oriented" humor will definitely get banned (which I think is total bull sh*t because that just happens to be the audience I'm after). Other ways to monetize your blog include chitika (which is the closest thing to adsense, but the quality of ads are questionable) and even affiliate marketing programs like Click Bank (very limited) and share a sale. Rambling aside, just stick to Adsense, but don't expect to get rich off it it (because it's just supplemental money)

Old 03-04-2013, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daclaud lee View Post
Even though Google can be a complete jackass, I still like adsense because it's the easiest way to monetize a blog. Just be careful blogging using curse words and even models in bikinis can get you banned, because Google wants to keep in "family oriented" (whatever) so blogs containing "vulgar" or "adult oriented" humor will definitely get banned (which I think is total bull sh*t because that just happens to be the audience I'm after). Other ways to monetize your blog include chitika (which is the closest thing to adsense, but the quality of ads are questionable) and even affiliate marketing programs like Click Bank (very limited) and share a sale. Rambling aside, just stick to Adsense, but don't expect to get rich off it it (because it's just supplemental money)
Thank you. My blog is meals for kids, so very family frendly. I dont expect to get rich from blog, I do for fun, but it can be nice to earn the cost of hosting, of course. If I break even, I will invest in PPC once I feel I have enough content to make worth it.

Old 03-04-2013, 12:56 AM
Contributing Member

use infolinks,text link ads .They are best way to monetize the blog but you are posting original content so why dont you try google adsense?

Old 03-04-2013, 01:34 AM

OK, thanks. I am not against no type of advertising, I guess I need to expiriment with best type for my blog. thank you.

Old 03-04-2013, 09:51 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
My blog is meals for kids
Sounds good!

The problem with so many sites that are trying to get money from ads is that many think the best way is to blog on a popular subject, but the popular subjects are by definition 'popular' and have a lot of competition.

The best way to get money from a site is to find a niche and become 'the' site for that subject.

'Meals for kids' seems to come into this latter category and if your site becomes well known just imagine how many schools, and school kids, will link to your site (and click on your links if you make sure you keep the links relevant to the same subject).

Good luck.

Old 03-05-2013, 01:34 AM

Thank you. It will take long time for shure to make the blog success. Do you have recommendation for best way to start monetising?

Old 03-05-2013, 09:33 AM
Contributing Member

Use something like Google Adsense first in both sidebars, and add ads to the top of each sidebar to see how many clicks you get on those adverts.

then put a page on your website offering advertising space. A square advert at the top of a sidebar should be valued at about twice the annual income you would get from a similarly sized Adsense ad.

If you get no takers then you've still got Adsense, but if you do get takers you charge them for a years placement and double your money.

That 's just the start.

Old 03-05-2013, 10:12 AM

That is great idea about ad space. I do not think of that. I know what to charge after having adsense for some time? because I not know otherwise how much to charge for ad.

Old 03-06-2013, 11:29 AM
Contributing Member

You may also go to Clickbank.com affiliates and see if you can find a related affiliate to your site. They are a larger company and they pay on time.

Old 03-07-2013, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GadgetsFactory View Post
You may also go to Clickbank.com affiliates and see if you can find a related affiliate to your site. They are a larger company and they pay on time.
Yes they have few items for my site, but a lot more expensive than the other websites and i think its best to give good price for my readers or they will buy somewhere else, no? Or at least close to best price

Old 04-30-2013, 03:00 PM

I think you'll do best with inline ads. Infolinks or kontera are the best out there. try them out.

Old 05-01-2013, 05:31 AM

Ok thank you i will check. I check infolinks - does anyone know payoneer? is it good company? it looks like good payment option

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue > Contextual Networks

Closed Thread