Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

Share |
Old 10-04-2008, 05:22 PM

Its clear that the first amendment is the best, but i think there should be an aptitude test for people who want to exercise it.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 10-04-2008, 06:59 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Michealstork View Post
Its clear that the first amendment is the best, but i think there should be an aptitude test for people who want to exercise it.
I have read a few of your posts....where's yours?

Old 10-04-2008, 10:06 PM

i don't think the amendments should be universal b/c we all have different needs and wants and we all think different there should be a test to determine if you qualify to use the amendment or not

Old 10-04-2008, 10:31 PM
v7n Mentor

Then why have them?? Why have the Constitution? Or wait I guess you are saying we should have them, we should just limit those that get to enjoy what they offer unless they pass a test first?? If that's what you are saying, who gives the test? What should the test test for?

Old 10-05-2008, 08:35 AM

i too think yes to both

Old 10-05-2008, 12:26 PM
v7n Mentor

You didn't answer the questions put to you, these short vague answers are really annoying, either join in the conversation and add meaningful content or sit back and read until you do have something worthy of adding.

So I ask again,
Quote:
Then why have them?? Why have the Constitution? Or wait I guess you are saying we should have them, we should just limit those that get to enjoy what they offer unless they pass a test first?? If that's what you are saying, who gives the test? What should the test test for?

Old 10-05-2008, 01:03 PM
v7n Mentor

And to bring back the original question of the thread, is it not wrong for Obama's campaign to demand tv, and radio stations to remove ads simply because they don't like what they say? The truth of the matter is, Obama did make the statement about bitter American's clinging to their guns and religion. He has backed legislation to remove ammunition from the shelves and round about legislation that would make it nearly impossible to own a large majority of guns not only fully automatic assault rifles and RPG's but standard rifles used for hunting, and guns that people should be allowed to own for target shooting, hunting, even self protection.

But again I digress, he wants ads removed, by force if necessary, just because he doesn't like them. A proposal I believe has even been made by city officials in St. Louis, Mo. that it be made illegal to make any form of negative statements about Sen. Obama. I would assume unless fully substantiated but not sure.

Reminds me of the Clinton machine strong arming who was it? CBS I think that played the movie about events leading up to 9/11? Much of it covering the Clinton administration, and they forced them to remove scenes from the movie, after they were unable to prevent it's airing after a valiant attempt to do so.

So I ask, what of the First Amendment? Does it only apply to those that have the ability to challenge it?

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues