Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

Share |
Old 12-01-2008, 11:09 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sitetutor
It's about disclosure. Obeying the rules and proving that you actually have a right to run for the oval office.
Quote:
Originally posted by Atom
"Disclosure" in the rules for running pertains to finances only, as far as I can see, nothing else. Take a look at the rules, you'll see. I believe that we need much more transparency in this area and I think proof needs to be demanded in the rules.
The burdon of proof is on the accuser.....

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 12-01-2008, 11:14 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FocalPoint View Post
No, the burdon of proof is on anybody who wants the highest office in the country.

Old 12-02-2008, 04:28 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sitetutor View Post
No, the burdon of proof is on anybody who wants the highest office in the country.
So far, the courts seem to disagree with you and that's the way it should be.
Since when do we allow anyone who feels like it to just hurl an unfounded accusation at someone and expect them to carry the burden of disproving it?

Seriously, Mike, what the hell kind of society are you trying to create here?
Do you want your kids to grow up in a place like that?
Living in fear that some other kid with an unproven grudge can land them in hot water? WTF?

Old 12-02-2008, 12:35 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sitetutor
Quote:
Legally you are wrong...period...

Originally Posted by Zap
Quote:
So far, the courts seem to disagree with you and that's the way it should be.
Since when do we allow anyone who feels like it to just hurl an unfounded accusation at someone and expect them to carry the burden of disproving it?
Yes, and the courts will continue to throw it out since there is nothing to substantiate the charge.

Obama qualifies in every way to be president...I suggest the right wing-nuts stop wasting our time and money on this frivilous law suit and move on to your next plan of attack to remove Obama from office....

Old 12-02-2008, 01:46 PM

Quote:
(...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atom View Post
"Disclosure" in the rules for running pertains to finances only, as far as I can see, nothing else. Take a look at the rules, you'll see. I believe that we need much more transparency in this area and I think proof needs to be demanded in the rules.
True, but I don't think there should have to be an accuser, I think that that information should be made completely public in the case of anyone running for president and vice president as well. I honestly can't think of any reason why the rules for running for such an important office shouldn't be amended to inject real transparency into this leg of the system.

Old 12-02-2008, 05:38 PM
No Longer Active

Funny how neocon fans bother about a guy who is elected president and carries an American passport while not one of those neocon fans bother about the fact that half of those neocons in the white house carry an Israeli passport. Guys like Rahm Emanuel even hop over to join the Israeli Army instead of the US army and no one questions their loyalty, not even after all the spying on American soil Israel has been caught with the past decades.
Hehhe, double standards are standards too, as they say.

Old 12-02-2008, 06:33 PM
No Longer Active

Here's Obama himself explaining where he was born...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vws9fTtQgz4

Old 12-02-2008, 09:59 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferre View Post
Here's Obama himself explaining where he was born...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vws9fTtQgz4

Please, don't joke around like this....some will believe anything...

Old 12-03-2008, 12:38 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atom View Post
True, but I don't think there should have to be an accuser, I think that that information should be made completely public in the case of anyone running for president and vice president as well. I honestly can't think of any reason why the rules for running for such an important office shouldn't be amended to inject real transparency into this leg of the system.
yes, absolutely. And everyone knows that but people are playing dumb to help get their guy in office. it's part of a tactic that keeps people wondering so they will spin their wheels and not get deeper into all of the other issues which Obama doesn't want like to shine into.
This is absolutely rediculous and disgusting consdering the fact that Kissinger for example would have made an excellent President but was never allowed to run because he was not originally from the United States, even though he was a great American patriot, which I do not believe anybody can say about the one just elected, regardless of whether he is an American citizen or illegal alien.

Old 12-03-2008, 01:15 PM
No Longer Active

Kissinger? Kissinger is a war criminal.

Old 12-03-2008, 02:09 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferre View Post
Kissinger? Kissinger is a war criminal.
Absolutely correct!...But you are missing one thing...there are Americans who consider themselves 'real Americans' who adore war criminals....like Cheney, Rumsfeld, Bush, G. Gordon Liddy, Ollie North...

Old 12-03-2008, 03:21 PM
No Longer Active

Quote:
Absolutely correct!...But you are missing one thing...there are Americans who consider themselves 'real Americans' who adore war criminals....like Cheney, Rumsfeld, Bush, G. Gordon Liddy, Ollie North...
I hope you're an American because when I say such things I'm usually accuseed of "hating Americans"

Old 12-03-2008, 04:52 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
I hope you're an American because when I say such things I'm usually accuseed of "hating Americans"
I am and I also get accused...by hypocrits...those who hide behind the banner of patriotism and religion.

I have no hesitancy calling Cheney, Rumsfeld, Bush, et al, and the congress who let them get away with it war criminals. It's the plain d@mn truth....

Old 12-03-2008, 10:22 PM
Contributing Member

Has anyone noticed that on pretty much all the forums out there that the right wingers haven't said anything for a few weeks now?
I'm kind of missing it...

Old 12-04-2008, 06:49 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harveyj View Post
Has anyone noticed that on pretty much all the forums out there that the right wingers haven't said anything for a few weeks now?
Yeah, I've noticed it too.
It's taking a little while to come to grips with and swallow the latest loss.
This is licking wounds time.
But, they'll be back. Never underestimate the power of chasing political power.
It'd be nice if it were sooner, rather than later.
All the lefties around here are beginning to frighten me.

Old 12-04-2008, 03:31 PM
Contributing Member

Will the Supreme Court take on the case tomorrow?...NO!

Will Supreme Court take case on Obama's citizenship?
By JAMES JANEGA
Chicago Tribune
Dec. 3, 2008, 10:07PM BuzzCHICAGO
Quote:
The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's election.

The meeting of justices will coincide with a vigil by the filer's supporters in Washington on the steps of the nation's highest court.
Quote:
Legal experts say the appeal has little chance of succeeding, despite appearing on the court's schedule. Legal records show it is only the tip of an iceberg of nationwide efforts seeking to derail Obama's election over accusations that he either wasn't born a U.S. citizen or that he later renounced his citizenship in Indonesia.
Quote:
Other suits have been filed by Andy Martin, whose case was dismissed in Hawaii, and by an Ohio man whose case also was dismissed. Five more suits, all later dismissed, were filed in Hawaii by a person who is currently suing the "Peoples Association of Human, Animals Conceived God/s and Religions, John McCain (and) USA Govt."
Quote:
The most famous case questioning Obama's citizenship was filed in Pennsylvania in August on behalf of Philip J. Berg and sought to enjoin the Democratic National Committee from nominating Obama. The U.S. Supreme Court declined to accept the case.
Quote:
The remaining case with the highest profile is Donofrio vs. Wells. Because it was distributed by Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas to other justices for conference, it gained undue importance for people unschooled in how the court works, Volokh said.
Quote:
Many petitioners seeking stays of pending events have their cases distributed to the full court, he said. Of those, Volokh found that 782 were denied in the last eight years while just 60 were heard and not all of those ultimately were successful.
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/6145787.html

Old 12-05-2008, 08:04 AM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harveyj View Post
I don't think you realize what it's like to have the better message but fight an uphill battle with the media as it was. Then the loudest voices will say anything to defend their position.
This election was not about issues or what is right and what is wrong.
There is not much to be said, but I tell you this much: The Republican party is learning from mistakes made. Not mistakes about important positions, but the ways of communicating with the public which decides on who to vote for by who has the catchier oneliners and which candidate appears on TV more often.
It's like having to prove to people that In and out Burgers has better food than Mickey D's while Mickey makes the money and In and out is tagging along.
Next election will be a lot different, now it's time to save America during a looney administration tries to make changes which people will suffer from for a very long time to come!

Old 12-05-2008, 08:46 AM
No Longer Active

Quote:
Originally Posted by sitetutor View Post
I don't think you realize what it's like to have the better message but fight an uphill battle with the media as it was. Then the loudest voices will say anything to defend their position.
This election was not about issues or what is right and what is wrong.
There is not much to be said, but I tell you this much: The Republican party is learning from mistakes made. Not mistakes about important positions, but the ways of communicating with the public which decides on who to vote for by who has the catchier oneliners and which candidate appears on TV more often.
It's like having to prove to people that In and out Burgers has better food than Mickey D's while Mickey makes the money and In and out is tagging along.
Next election will be a lot different, now it's time to save America during a looney administration tries to make changes which people will suffer from for a very long time to come!
Dude, I don't understand why you don't embrace the "new" US administration, Obama has apointed nothing but zionist warhawks and right wingers into his staff, people who are no different, and sometimes even the same people as currently populating the Bush administration.

There will be no "change" under Obama and anyone who claims otherwise only display their own ignorance for the actual situation and people's affiliations involved in US politics. When you have a close look at the affiliations of Obama's staffmembers you'll find no progressives there, only people who are as right from the middle as possibly can and most of them are loyal to Israel instead of the USA and its people.

Also... When it comes down to the issues during the elections, you are right, all the by the media pushed potential candidates from the beginning of the campaigns have been avoiding to talk about the real issues. With great help from that same media they only talked about how bad the other candidates were, or, talked about how great they were themselves, topped off with populistic slogans.

The people who did talk about the issues were ridiculed and ignored by the same media, a media who is owned by the corporations who coinsidently also own the candidates that were pushed by this media.

One doesn't need to be a rocketscientist to figure this out, just monitoring US elections during a few decades shows the same pattern over and over again, and somehow "people" are too stupid to understand how they are played and still defend either the dems or the reps.

How more stupid can it get?

Old 12-07-2008, 01:55 AM

I have heard about this news. What is the latest information about it? Has the judge gave a verdict on Obama's birth certificate?

Old 12-07-2008, 10:15 AM
Contributing Member

The supreme court is doing something on the 13 of December.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues