Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
  #61  
Old 11-02-2008, 12:37 PM
Rankenstein's Avatar
Rankenstein Rankenstein is offline
v7n Mentor
 
Join Date: 11-14-05
Location: Manchester
Posts: 3,140
iTrader: 0 / 0%
He was in her care until he was about 9 or 10. Are you saying he shouldn't have loved his mother? That's sick!

Furthermore, what does a 10 year old know about politics? Do you still hold the political views you had at the age of ten, if any? Do you even remember what they were?
 
Reply With Quote

Advertisement

Advertisement

  #62  
Old 11-02-2008, 03:55 PM
TechWizard's Avatar
TechWizard TechWizard is offline
v7n Mentor
 
Join Date: 07-26-07
Location: Georgia
Posts: 6,156
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rankenstein View Post
He was in her care until he was about 9 or 10. Are you saying he shouldn't have loved his mother? That's sick!


Furthermore, what does a 10 year old know about politics? Do you still hold the political views you had at the age of ten, if any? Do you even remember what they were?
Using a classic I can't argue the point appropriately so let's reverse it to something completely different or turn it around so that it seems perverse is beginning to really give me a sour stomach. Whether he did or did not hate his mother has absolutely! nothing to do with the subject and you very well know it, just as how old he was when Ayres was part of Weather Underground, or a multitude of other BS issues you have tried to spin to. The facts are grossly apparent and unchanging. Obama is dishonest at best. If Obama stood up and said, "Yes, my mother held communist views, I have learned through my life the way of America and I hold her and her democracy as the best and only way to ensure freedom" I would respect him. Instead you get I was only 5 years old, or I was only 10 years old, I wasn't old enough to know if my mother was a republican, a communist, or a democrat. I was only 8 years old when Ayres, just a man that lives down the street and whose kids have attended the same school my kids are attending, even though Ayres kids are 15-20 years older than Obama's kids. Later, I though Ayres had repented his ways, Or I attended Rev. Wrights church for 20 years and I didn't know he said those things, then it became, I was aware he had on occassion said such things but he's never said it in front of me. I can no more distance myself from Rev. Wright than I could my own grandmother only weeks before he completely distances himself and leaves the church because of political pressure. Iran, Venezuela, and Cuba, they're just little small countries that pose no real threat like Russia does..To only hear days later They do actually pose a grave threat. I can go on and on and on, I can give link after link after link, I can give youtube video after youtube video, I can give you a chronological listing of misrepresentations and lies since before he announced his campaign including the news conference he held stating that if he were to run for President he would have to start doing so now(immediately after he was elected to senate) and I won't do that. The trip to Hawaii to tend to his dying grandmother five days after he announced how sick he was going without his family and coincidentally immediately afterwords the Governor of Hawaii locked his original birth certificate, which has been proven is different than the one that was shown by the Obama campaign. Be it that he is hiding a fact such as he was born somewhere else, or born to a person other than who he has said is his father or whatever other secret there is he so violently doesn't want to get out I don't know and isn't the point, the point is the lying and misrepresentation the entire length of his professional life, ties to Acorn etc. It's just never ending. That is enough for me not to like him as someone to be my President, not to mention his call for a second Bill of Rights, and Constitutional changes giving the Government more power over the people and to provide for the people. These things all put together define a questionably charactered person who has a checkered past at best and has absolutely no track record executively to show differently.

And you Rank, need to do one of two things, especially being a Mod. Shut your mouth! Or learn how to have a discussion with people regardless their views or evidence produced in an acceptable and appropriate manner. If someone brings accusation and provides links to back it up, either ignore it or refute it with your own, don't belittle and name call, that is pathetic and uncalled for and exactly my gripe with the Obama campaign again.


I still hold the same values and views I held when I was ten years old. I was taught to respect your elders to respect the law and law officers. I was taught to love my country and respect the price that had been paid by those that had come before me. I was taught that in order to get something done you work your hardest to achieve it. You are a good winner by not gloating your win and a good loser by not hating your opponent for winning.

There are many things that are principally different between someone who is raised and taught to be responsible for themselves and not blame others when things don't go right and those that are taught a way of life where you should depend on your government to provide for you or that if you don't succeed it is probably at the fault of someone else or for a reason that was against you from the start.

I was raised with American and Christian values, that has defined who I was as a teen and who I am today. If I were raised with socialist, or communist views, if these were the views my parents or those that surrounded me held, if I saw or was taught that I was being held down or taught that regardless what I do it is never equal to what others are getting, if I was raised with Muslim or another Religious ideology I would be a much different person than I am, and I would have completely different friends than I do now. I would never have seen a call to serve my country in the military, I wouldn't be communicating with people that hold views different than mine, as they have no right to communicate them in the first place let alone deserve my acknowledgment, I would be driven for reasons of self, not reasons of country or society. There are instrumental differences, don't attempt to say there are not.
 
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 11-02-2008, 05:16 PM
Rankenstein's Avatar
Rankenstein Rankenstein is offline
v7n Mentor
 
Join Date: 11-14-05
Location: Manchester
Posts: 3,140
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegamerslink View Post
And you Rank, need to do one of two things, especially being a Mod. Shut your mouth! Or learn how to have a discussion with people regardless their views or evidence produced in an acceptable and appropriate manner. If someone brings accusation and provides links to back it up, either ignore it or refute it with your own, don't belittle and name call, that is pathetic and uncalled for and exactly my gripe with the Obama campaign again.

I still hold the same values and views I held when I was ten years old. I was taught to respect your elders to respect the law and law officers. I was taught to love my country and respect the price that had been paid by those that had come before me. I was taught that in order to get something done you work your hardest to achieve it. You are a good winner by not gloating your win and a good loser by not hating your opponent for winning.

There are many things that are principally different between someone who is raised and taught to be responsible for themselves and not blame others when things don't go right and those that are taught a way of life where you should depend on your government to provide for you or that if you don't succeed it is probably at the fault of someone else or for a reason that was against you from the start.

I was raised with American and Christian values, that has defined who I was as a teen and who I am today. If I were raised with socialist, or communist views, if these were the views my parents or those that surrounded me held, if I saw or was taught that I was being held down or taught that regardless what I do it is never equal to what others are getting, if I was raised with Muslim or another Religious ideology I would be a much different person than I am, and I would have completely different friends than I do now. I would never have seen a call to serve my country in the military, I wouldn't be communicating with people that hold views different than mine, as they have no right to communicate them in the first place let alone deserve my acknowledgment, I would be driven for reasons of self, not reasons of country or society. There are instrumental differences, don't attempt to say there are not.
Firstly, let me just clear something up. My Moderator status extends to the SEO and Google forums, not here. I have no more say as a Moderator in this forum than you do. In the politics forum I'm just as susceptible to Moderation as the next person.

Secondly, this is the Politics forum. If you've forgotten, rule 1 in the sticky is as follows:
"1. Enter at Your Own Risk - Controversial topics can become heated very quickly. If you want to participate in the political forums, there will be times that you are going to need thick skin."

Thirdly, this that you wrote is rubbish:
"There are many things that are principally different between someone who is raised and taught to be responsible for themselves and not blame others when things don't go right and those that are taught a way of life where you should depend on your government to provide for you or that if you don't succeed it is probably at the fault of someone else or for a reason that was against you from the start."

I know it's rubbish because there are many socialist-idea-driven states in Europe and there are no more people who think like that than there are in the United States - I've lived in Europe and the States. And if you ask me, Obama has shown remarkable drive, which doubly negates what you are saying. Again, you say
"If I were raised with socialist, or communist views, if these were the views my parents or those that surrounded me held, if I saw or was taught that I was being held down or taught that regardless what I do it is never equal to what others are getting"
Does that sound like the description of someone who probably will become President? I think it just shows that your argument is wrong, or else Obama would be such a weak-willed slug begging for handouts that he'd still be on the dole. But he isn't. That in itself proves your entire argument entirely wrong.
 
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 11-02-2008, 05:51 PM
TechWizard's Avatar
TechWizard TechWizard is offline
v7n Mentor
 
Join Date: 07-26-07
Location: Georgia
Posts: 6,156
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rankenstein View Post
Firstly, let me just clear something up. My Moderator status extends to the SEO and Google forums, not here. I have no more say as a Moderator in this forum than you do. In the politics forum I'm just as susceptible to Moderation as the next person.

Secondly, this is the Politics forum. If you've forgotten, rule 1 in the sticky is as follows:
"1. Enter at Your Own Risk - Controversial topics can become heated very quickly. If you want to participate in the political forums, there will be times that you are going to need thick skin."

Thirdly, this that you wrote is rubbish:
"There are many things that are principally different between someone who is raised and taught to be responsible for themselves and not blame others when things don't go right and those that are taught a way of life where you should depend on your government to provide for you or that if you don't succeed it is probably at the fault of someone else or for a reason that was against you from the start."

I know it's rubbish because there are many socialist-idea-driven states in Europe and there are no more people who think like that than there are in the United States - I've lived in Europe and the States. And if you ask me, Obama has shown remarkable drive, which doubly negates what you are saying. Again, you say
"If I were raised with socialist, or communist views, if these were the views my parents or those that surrounded me held, if I saw or was taught that I was being held down or taught that regardless what I do it is never equal to what others are getting"
Does that sound like the description of someone who probably will become President? I think it just shows that your argument is wrong, or else Obama would be such a weak-willed slug begging for handouts that he'd still be on the dole. But he isn't. That in itself proves your entire argument entirely wrong.
Untrue, listen to his book, he is quite clear his feelings towards the government. Towards social status and more. Social status is outdated and a dinosaur concept from days past. Just as slavery, yet we have to continuously have it thrown in our faces by some that slavery existed, that there was not equality for a long period in our countries history, and we have to fix this by making it unequal in the reverse. At no time have I ever held a person back, thought less of a person, or been suspicious of a person because of their race. Not once, I've never owned slaves nor have I ever entertained the idea. At no time did my father or mother do any of the above, yet we are expected to pay for those others that did, or be put in a class of society because those that may have been part of a particular race. Racism and reverse racism has played an unprecedented role in this election process and it is continuously sickening. And then you support it, you actually ridicule and belittle anyone that has the audacity to ask questions. You said if I'm not mistaken that Joe the plumber should was in the wrong(generalizing the idea of the statement as I don't remember exact words) and you refuted all that suggested otherwise but yet all he did was ask a simple question, so your anger towards this person to me would suggest you feel it is beyond reasonable for a citizen to ask a nominee running for public office a question pertaining to his/her stated policy? Look what happened to him, state officials researching his tax records, social security records, employment and license status attempting to destroy any credibility they can, not because he dared ask the question, but because they were attempting to spin the outrageous and unscripted answer that was given as a reply by the nominee himself. It stinks to high heaven any way you look at it, news agencies being removed from the list of agencies allowed to travel with the Obama campaign curiously immediately after they endorsed McCain. Not Internet Blog reporters but agencies such as the NY Post etc. The state reason is a lack of room, they had to make room for JET magazine and BET, entertainment news, not political news agencies. Yet no outcry of racism or injustice, or preferential treatment. Simply, it's ok, had John McCain, or any other Republican done something remotely similar we won't discuss the fall out, it would have been immense. You are falling victim to the propaganda machine that has fogged everyone from what Obama really is and what he really believes. He believes and supports Socialism, he said so in his book, in his own words and own voice. He thinks the court system should be more involved with dictating what the government should be allowed to do and to stop the existing Bill of Rights from being so restrictive. He supports a second Bill of Rights to be written that provides for more government power. Yes the rest of the world is in support of this, France supports Venezuela supports it and many other countries support it because it is the same system they have. The American people though, the ones that have eyes open, they don't support it, the Americans that have died defending our freedoms, and died defending those that at the same time were screaming at the top of their lungs how wrong it was to defend those freedoms. That is the greatness that is this country and the greatness an Obama presidency will destroy. Already multiple Television news stations are denied access to the campaign because they asked the wrong questions. Not questions that would not have been asked of anyone about their policies just questions that should have never been asked of the Obama campaign, again it is sickening and just as scary.

The same people that are out crying how great a man the Obama is are the same people that will be out crying when the economy completely crashes and there are no jobs, and homelessness increases and inner strife falls to the brink of perhaps even a civil war, or the Military is so weakened it can't even defend assaults to the homeland let alone help other countries or people around the world that are in need. The countries that are screaming now, actually they aren't but it is said they are, about the good will Obama will bring are the same countries that will be despising America when it can't prevent the spread of Russia or Iran or other like countries because we lack the ability and have an administration that lacks the care to do so.
 
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 11-02-2008, 07:33 PM
imaginemn's Avatar
imaginemn imaginemn is offline
v7n Mentor
 
Join Date: 02-18-04
Location: Brownsville, Texas
Posts: 1,354
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rankenstein View Post
Firstly, let me just clear something up. My Moderator status extends to the SEO and Google forums, not here. I have no more say as a Moderator in this forum than you do. In the politics forum I'm just as susceptible to Moderation as the next person.

Secondly, this is the Politics forum. If you've forgotten, rule 1 in the sticky is as follows:
"1. Enter at Your Own Risk - Controversial topics can become heated very quickly. If you want to participate in the political forums, there will be times that you are going to need thick skin."
I wouldn't expect this type of comment from a mod whether it was in this forum or another. It's like saying, I'm a cop in Texas but it's ok the break the law in Minnesota because I'm not a cop there.

Have you forgotten the MAIN FORUM rule: C. Members should be respectful and courteous to other members. Rudeness to other members is cause for revocation of membership privileges. (This includes the political forum as well and as a mod, a representative of v7n should know a little better.)

I value a great discussioin with facts, references and opinion. While, I don't personally think Obama is a racist, communist or whatever. I don't think he's qualified for being president at this time. Many people have said that Palin is a heartbeat away from being President and she's not qualified. While, that's a good argument. She has more experience than Obama and he's bidding to be President.

Here are a few facts on Experience:
  • street organizer in Chicago
  • lawyer
  • in 1997 he's sworn in as Illinois part time state senator
  • avoids touch votes on abortion, crime and guns and votes present instead of yes or no
  • in 2005 he's sworn in as Illinois junior US Senator
  • after 1 year and only passing 1 bill he runs for President

What did he do in the senate?
  • voted present 130 times
  • accidently voted the wrong way 6 times (and had the record changed to strike his votes)

Overall, he's a great talker rather than a do-er. As a person. He's a great speaker and possibly a great person. But for me, not a great President candidate. At least not today.

So, when you compare the two candidates:

Obama
  • 4 years of US senate experience (the last two was spent campaigning for president)
  • 121 bills sponsored - 3 enacted
  • 0 years in the military
  • Hilary has said that Obama will bring a speech that he wrote in 2004
  • Biden himself has said in more than one occasion that he thinks Obama "can" be ready to lead

McCain
  • 30 years of senate experience
  • 473 bills sponsored - 30 enacted
  • 23 years in the military and a decorated war veteran and a POW for 5 1/2 years
  • Hilary herself has said that McCain will bring a lifetime of experience
  • Biden has been quoted as saying that he feels that McCain would be better off as president
 
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 11-03-2008, 07:24 AM
Zap's Avatar
Zap Zap is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: 01-15-06
Posts: 13,770
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegamerslink View Post
And you Rank, need to do one of two things, especially being a Mod. Shut your mouth! Or learn how to have a discussion with people regardless their views or evidence produced in an acceptable and appropriate manner. If someone brings accusation and provides links to back it up, either ignore it or refute it with your own, don't belittle and name call, that is pathetic and uncalled for and exactly my gripe with the Obama campaign again.
Dude. You know I respect you and your opinions.
But I have to ask. Where were you when the previous owner ran rampant in here with insults-o-plenty?
And they were extremely vicious in nature.
Where were your objections then?
Not one single person who agreed with him politically spoke up and said a word about insults when they were handed out, and they were handed out by the fist load to many different people here. So, the opportunity to voice objections was presented over and over again to everyone.

No offense to Rank, but he's a lightweight by comparison. I would prefer we discuss topics with no insults at all, but I can certainly see where he could see his own comment as harmless, given the atmosphere in here in the past and the precedent it set.

So how about taking it a little easier on him for his comment and we all move forward with the understanding that it could get really vicious if we all allow it to?
 
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 11-03-2008, 11:35 AM
homebizseo's Avatar
homebizseo homebizseo is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 04-21-08
Posts: 1,629
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zap View Post
Dude. You know I respect you and your opinions.
But I have to ask. Where were you when the previous owner ran rampant in here with insults-o-plenty?
And they were extremely vicious in nature.
Where were your objections then?
Not one single person who agreed with him politically spoke up and said a word about insults when they were handed out, and they were handed out by the fist load to many different people here. So, the opportunity to voice objections was presented over and over again to everyone.

No offense to Rank, but he's a lightweight by comparison. I would prefer we discuss topics with no insults at all, but I can certainly see where he could see his own comment as harmless, given the atmosphere in here in the past and the precedent it set.

So how about taking it a little easier on him for his comment and we all move forward with the understanding that it could get really vicious if we all allow it to?
The old owner never handed homebiz insults. The insults were spread to those with twisted views.
 
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 11-03-2008, 11:37 AM
TechWizard's Avatar
TechWizard TechWizard is offline
v7n Mentor
 
Join Date: 07-26-07
Location: Georgia
Posts: 6,156
iTrader: 2 / 100%
I wasn't always in agreement when that was going on, but a majority of the time it was done in a jest style, or a non-hateful or violent style. The rhetorical tone of Rank has been beyond acceptable many times that I have seen just here lately, and given a response the original owner as you put it would at least address and promote the argument, not simply ridicule because you failed to agree. I think many times that original owner was having fun or attempting to promote response to enhance further debate. Rank on the other hand has made clear a goal of simply stifling opinion outside what he considers to be right.
 
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 11-03-2008, 12:11 PM
Franc Tireur Franc Tireur is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 08-15-06
Posts: 10,109
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginemn View Post
I wouldn't expect this type of comment from a mod whether it was in this forum or another. It's like saying, I'm a cop in Texas but it's ok the break the law in Minnesota because I'm not a cop there.

Have you forgotten the MAIN FORUM rule: C. Members should be respectful and courteous to other members. Rudeness to other members is cause for revocation of membership privileges. (This includes the political forum as well and as a mod, a representative of v7n should know a little better.)

I value a great discussioin with facts, references and opinion. While, I don't personally think Obama is a racist, communist or whatever. I don't think he's qualified for being president at this time. Many people have said that Palin is a heartbeat away from being President and she's not qualified. While, that's a good argument. She has more experience than Obama and he's bidding to be President.

Here are a few facts on Experience:
  • street organizer in Chicago
  • lawyer
  • in 1997 he's sworn in as Illinois part time state senator
  • avoids touch votes on abortion, crime and guns and votes present instead of yes or no
  • in 2005 he's sworn in as Illinois junior US Senator
  • after 1 year and only passing 1 bill he runs for President

What did he do in the senate?
  • voted present 130 times
  • accidently voted the wrong way 6 times (and had the record changed to strike his votes)

Overall, he's a great talker rather than a do-er. As a person. He's a great speaker and possibly a great person. But for me, not a great President candidate. At least not today.

So, when you compare the two candidates:

Obama
  • 4 years of US senate experience (the last two was spent campaigning for president)
  • 121 bills sponsored - 3 enacted
  • 0 years in the military
  • Hilary has said that Obama will bring a speech that he wrote in 2004
  • Biden himself has said in more than one occasion that he thinks Obama "can" be ready to lead

McCain
  • 30 years of senate experience
  • 473 bills sponsored - 30 enacted
  • 23 years in the military and a decorated war veteran and a POW for 5 1/2 years
  • Hilary herself has said that McCain will bring a lifetime of experience
  • Biden has been quoted as saying that he feels that McCain would be better off as president

I agree, Senator Obama lack of experience. I believe there is no time for apprentice. The challenges on economy, taxes, etc... need to be taking care of by an experienced politician. Some will say that senator Obama have an experienced team behind to help him, well in this case who is the real commander in chief?
 
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 11-03-2008, 02:58 PM
Zap's Avatar
Zap Zap is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: 01-15-06
Posts: 13,770
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Quote:
Originally Posted by homebizseo View Post
The old owner never handed homebiz insults. The insults were spread to those with twisted views.
Contrary to your view that insults are OK sometimes, I feel a bit differently on the subject.
You're entitled, of course, to your opinion, but don't come crying to mamma when the insults come flying your way, then.
Pretty simple really. If you feel insults are OK when someone considers your point of view twisted, sooner or later, someone is going to consider the views of homebiz to be twisted and unload on you accordingly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegamerslink View Post
I wasn't always in agreement when that was going on
How would any of us know that since you never voiced it publicly?
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegamerslink View Post
, but a majority of the time it was done in a jest style, or a non-hateful or violent style.
Respectfully, Gamer, since you were not the focus of that hatred and ridicule, your take on it is a bit skewed. As someone who was subjected to it, I can tell you first hand that there was nothing jestful about it and it was very violent and hateful. I can't speak for the others who were subject to his tirades, but I took them in the spirit with which they were intended. There was nothing in his statements that was intended to spark debate. That's precisely what his violent comments were crafted to discourage.

How about we all take a breather and think a little more about our post before we hit the Submit button? I would not want to see a return the kind of posts that prevailed in here up until a couple of months ago. It's not healthy.
 
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 11-03-2008, 05:00 PM
ScriptMan's Avatar
ScriptMan ScriptMan is online now
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: 02-10-07
Location: Central Kentucky
Posts: 13,557
iTrader: 4 / 100%
On Wednesday can we have a group hug and all be friends again?

 
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 11-03-2008, 07:12 PM
homebizseo's Avatar
homebizseo homebizseo is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 04-21-08
Posts: 1,629
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScriptMan View Post
On Wednesday can we have a group hug and all be friends again?

A group hug still will not make Obama a natural born citizen
 
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 11-04-2008, 04:14 AM
Zap's Avatar
Zap Zap is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: 01-15-06
Posts: 13,770
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Quote:
Originally Posted by homebizseo View Post
A group hug still will not make Obama a natural born citizen
It doesn't matter how many times you repeat a lie. It will never become fact.
Rank has debunked your lie with no less than 4 links to credible sources.
His last link...

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5i...R3dqgD945OLU00

Quote:
HONOLULU (AP) — State officials say there's no doubt Barack Obama was born in Hawaii.

Health Department Director Dr. Chiyome Fukino said Friday she and the registrar of vital statistics, Alvin Onaka, have personally verified that the health department holds Obama's original birth certificate.

Fukino says that no state official, including Republican Gov. Linda Lingle, ever instructed that Obama's certificate be handled differently.

She says state law bars release of a certified birth certificate to anyone who does not have a tangible interest.

Some Obama critics claim he was not born in the US.

Earlier Friday, a southwest Ohio magistrate rejected a challenge to Obama's citizenship. Judges in Seattle and Philadelphia recently dismissed similar suits.

Seriously, dude. You're worse than one of those 9-11 conspiracy nutjobs.
 
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 11-04-2008, 05:05 AM
Rankenstein's Avatar
Rankenstein Rankenstein is offline
v7n Mentor
 
Join Date: 11-14-05
Location: Manchester
Posts: 3,140
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegamerslink View Post
Rank on the other hand has made clear a goal of simply stifling opinion outside what he considers to be right.
What a crock! Lamebrain! You want to know about stifling debate, Republicans wrote the book about it. Read up on Valerie Plame.

Frankly, if you still think Obama was born outside the US, you're an idiot. That's fact, not an insult.

But that's not the point. You dish it out but can't take it, you pantywaists.

Homebiz loves dishing it out:
http://www.v7n.com/forums/politics/9...tml#post925874

Gamers used to like ganging up with John on people who dare question Bush:
http://www.v7n.com/forums/politics/9...tml#post928735
Then John banned them. Lets forget that Bush has one of the lowest approval ratings ever, gamers thinks he's doing a good job.

Anyhow, the issue is not that gamers and homebiz have been handy with the put-downs themselves because this is the politics forum and it is expected and in here we play hardball. The gloves come off. Either ignore it or insult me back - at the moment you are coming off like a bunch of cissies.

Once when I was debating with John whether Creationism should be taught in schools, kristeejo asked us if we really thought we were going to change each others minds. John's response?

"No, and that's not the purpose of a debate. The purpose of a debate is to humiliate the other by demonstrating his fallacious arguments and inferior intelligence."

That's the way it goes in this forum, but you guys just don't like it when it's going against you.
 
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 11-04-2008, 07:15 AM
Rankenstein's Avatar
Rankenstein Rankenstein is offline
v7n Mentor
 
Join Date: 11-14-05
Location: Manchester
Posts: 3,140
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginemn View Post
Obama

4 years of US senate experience (the last two was spent campaigning for president)
121 bills sponsored - 3 enacted
0 years in the military
Hilary has said that Obama will bring a speech that he wrote in 2004
Biden himself has said in more than one occasion that he thinks Obama "can" be ready to lead

McCain

30 years of senate experience
473 bills sponsored - 30 enacted
23 years in the military and a decorated war veteran and a POW for 5 1/2 years
Hilary herself has said that McCain will bring a lifetime of experience
Biden has been quoted as saying that he feels that McCain would be better off as president
Seriously, let's look at how the two sides measure up:

Obama:
Occidental College (Los Angeles) - 2 years studying Politics and Public Policy.
Columbia University (New York) - B.A. Political Science with a specialization in International Relations.

Harvard Law School - Juris Doctor (J.D.) Magna Cum Laude, Editor-in-Chief of the Harvard Law Review.

Biden:
University of Delaware - B.A. in History and a B.A. in Political Science.
Syracuse University College of Law - Juris Doctor (J.D.)

McCain:
United States Naval Academy - Class rank 894 of 899.

Palin:
Hawaii Pacific University - 1 semester - Business Administration.
North Idaho College - 2 semesters - General Studies.
University of Idaho - 2 semesters - Journalism.
Matanuska-Susitna College - 1 semester.
University of Idaho - 3 semesters - B.A. in Journalism.



If you didn't know the names or the race (edited to add: or gender, or any other details) of the people in these four educational resumes and wanted two politicians to run the country, who would you pick? The answer is as obvious as the nose on your face.

Last edited by Rankenstein; 11-04-2008 at 07:19 AM.
 
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 11-06-2008, 09:56 PM
FocalPoint's Avatar
FocalPoint FocalPoint is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 10-26-08
Posts: 381
iTrader: 0 / 0%
I guess in the minds of a few angry right-wingnuts we not only elected the first black President in history, we also elected the first non-citizen...the first Communist...the first 'friend of the terrorists'...anti-American...etc., etc....

No wonder 64 million Americans have taken away their political powers.....as Obama put it in one word...ENOUGH!!
 
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 11-06-2008, 10:03 PM
Zap's Avatar
Zap Zap is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: 01-15-06
Posts: 13,770
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Quote:
Originally Posted by FocalPoint View Post
I guess in the minds of a few angry right-wingnuts we not only elected the first black President in history, we also elected the first non-citizen...the first Communist...the first 'friend of the terrorists'...anti-American...etc., etc....

No wonder 64 million Americans have taken away their political powers.....as Obama put it in one word...ENOUGH!!
Oddly, your post reminds me of this little number...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOEq-ImGWJ0
 
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 11-06-2008, 11:49 PM
homebizseo's Avatar
homebizseo homebizseo is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 04-21-08
Posts: 1,629
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rankenstein View Post
What a crock! Lamebrain! You want to know about stifling debate, Republicans wrote the book about it. Read up on Valerie Plame.

Frankly, if you still think Obama was born outside the US, you're an idiot. That's fact, not an insult.

But that's not the point. You dish it out but can't take it, you pantywaists.

Homebiz loves dishing it out:
http://www.v7n.com/forums/politics/9...tml#post925874

Gamers used to like ganging up with John on people who dare question Bush:
http://www.v7n.com/forums/politics/9...tml#post928735
Then John banned them. Lets forget that Bush has one of the lowest approval ratings ever, gamers thinks he's doing a good job.

Anyhow, the issue is not that gamers and homebiz have been handy with the put-downs themselves because this is the politics forum and it is expected and in here we play hardball. The gloves come off. Either ignore it or insult me back - at the moment you are coming off like a bunch of cissies.

Once when I was debating with John whether Creationism should be taught in schools, kristeejo asked us if we really thought we were going to change each others minds. John's response?

"No, and that's not the purpose of a debate. The purpose of a debate is to humiliate the other by demonstrating his fallacious arguments and inferior intelligence."

That's the way it goes in this forum, but you guys just don't like it when it's going against you.
Lamebrain=insult
Idiot= not an insult
cissies? I think you mean sissies = insult

Are you sure you're a mod?

Show me Obama's transcripts and prove his GPA and class rank.


I have seen Biden's, McCain's and Palin's. Where is Obama's college records? What is he hiding? I would be proud of the Harvard records. Umm Wonder what he is hiding? Could it be he asked for foreign aid? Listed his place of birth as Kenya? or did he check Muslim as his religion? The Muslim he could brush off
 
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 11-07-2008, 07:27 AM
Atom's Avatar
Atom Atom is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 10-12-03
Location: Tennessee, USA
Posts: 32,608
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural Elements View Post
I agree, Senator Obama lack of experience. I believe there is no time for apprentice. The challenges on economy, taxes, etc... need to be taking care of by an experienced politician. Some will say that senator Obama have an experienced team behind to help him, well in this case who is the real commander in chief?
Excellent question, and one that I've wondered about for the last 40+ years.

Last edited by Atom; 11-07-2008 at 07:35 AM.
 
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 11-07-2008, 07:51 AM
falsealarm's Avatar
falsealarm falsealarm is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 09-15-08
Posts: 73
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Wow! I love political threads where the conspiracy theorists come out! I am new to this forum and threads like this really helps me pinpoint who the sane and the insane republican-right-wing-can't-see-the-daylight nut jobs in the forum are.

Having lost at the polls, we have turned to disqualifying him, haven't we? Your silly rhetoric is exactly what cost you the election and I pray to god you spend the next four years spewing senseless claims such as this so that you can lose the next election on a bigger landslide.
 
Reply With Quote
Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Barack Obama and Partial Birth Abortion.... TechWizard Controversial Social Issues 0 06-25-2008 05:07 PM
How To Produce The PERFECT Viral Ebook Harvey Segal Marketing Forum 3 12-24-2006 05:47 AM


V7N Network
Get exposure! V7N I Love Photography V7N SEO Blog V7N Directory


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:54 AM.
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright 2000-2014 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
Copyright © 2003 - 2018 VIX-WomensForum LLC