Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

Share |
Old 11-15-2008, 10:01 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by homebizseo View Post
amazing that McCain released all his records.
Did he now? Did you read the document? Panama is not one of our United States now, nor was it in 1936. Did you notice that his parents were listed as citizens of the U.S.A. but McCain was born in Colon, Panama.

Also that McCain's document you presented is not the original either, but a 'certified copy'...Obama's certificate of birth is also certified and has a raised seal...

This is going absolutely nowhere....

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 11-15-2008, 10:08 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FocalPoint View Post
Did he now? Did you read the document? Panama is not one of our United States now, nor was it in 1936. Did you notice that his parents were listed as citizens of the U.S.A. but McCain was born in Colon, Panama.

Also that McCain's document you presented is not the original either, but a 'certified copy'...Obama's certificate of birth is also certified and has a raised seal...

This is going absolutely nowhere....
Who owned the zone in 36? It was.

What do you consider Washington DC then?

Old 11-16-2008, 03:03 AM
Contributing Member

Kenya loves Obama
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Kenyan born.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	88.2 KB
ID:	8209  

Old 11-16-2008, 06:42 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Who owned the zone in 36? It was.

Panama was never 'owned' by the U.S. We paid them annually an amount quid pro quo....it was never a U.S. possession and never one of our states. There was a long history of friction over Panama's sovereignty but it is clear it was never owned by us.

On March 2, 1936, the U.S. and Panama signed a treaty increasing the amount of 'rent' we paid them. This treaty abolished the role of the U.S. as 'protectorate' of Panama.

A few months later, August 29, 1936, "Panamanian John" McCain was born...People born in Panama were known then as 'Panamanians'...and still are. That's why McCain's birthplace is listed as Colon, Panama....

What do you consider Washington DC then?

Not in Central America...
Shall we continue?...

Old 11-16-2008, 11:56 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Shall we continue?...
So you are saying that soldier's children when born overseas are not natural born?

Old 11-17-2008, 12:03 AM
Contributing Member

Almost from the inception of the Canal Zone, questions arose as to whether the Zone was considered part of the United States for constitutional purposes, or, in the phrase of the day, whether the Constitution followed the flag. On July 28, 1904, Controller of the Treasury Robert Tracewell stated, "While the general spirit and purpose of the Constitution is applicable to the zone, that domain is not a part of the United States within the full meaning of the Constitution and laws of the country.[4]

In 1953, Congress passed legislation to specify the status of Americans born in the Canal Zone--and to exclude non-Americans born there from citizenship. Title 8, Section 1403 of the United States Code[5] grants citizenship to those born in the Canal Zone with at least one parent who is a United States citizen. This differs from the provision in the Fourteenth Amendment which grants citizenship to all born in the United States, regardless of parental nationality.

quoto from

Old 11-18-2008, 07:40 PM
Banned

Looks like this "Obama not owning an authentic birth certificate" has come to an end -huh? Is there still a question on if he's a natural born citizen?

http://www.kitv.com/politics/1786089...s=hon&psp=news

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar...ING01/81031064

Now that this has been attended to, is there anything else? Do you feel differently about him as our new president elect? Or does anyone still harbor something?

Old 11-18-2008, 10:36 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Almost from the inception of the Canal Zone, questions arose as to whether the Zone was considered part of the United States for constitutional purposes, or, in the phrase of the day, whether the Constitution followed the flag. On July 28, 1904, Controller of the Treasury Robert Tracewell stated, "While the general spirit and purpose of the Constitution is applicable to the zone, that domain is not a part of the United States within the full meaning of the Constitution and laws of the country. [4]

So with McCain being born there in 1936, that was the way things were. According to what you are saying, a change to this wasn't made until 1953...I don't see where it was made retroactive.

In 1953, Congress passed legislation to specify the status of Americans born in the Canal Zone--and to exclude non-Americans born there from citizenship. Title 8, Section 1403 of the United States Code[5] grants citizenship to those born in the Canal Zone with at least one parent who is a United States citizen. This differs from the provision in the Fourteenth Amendment which grants citizenship to all born in the United States, regardless of parental nationality.

quoto from
My point in bringing McCain's citizenship up is to play devil's advocate. Had McCain been elected it is not anything I would be even slightly concerned about...and I'm not now.

I understand that Alan Keyes is pushing the Obama citizenship issue as well...you're in good company..

Old 11-18-2008, 10:42 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Now that this has been attended to, is there anything else? Do you feel differently about him as our new president elect? Or does anyone still harbor something?
Good try....some will never drop this issue even if all the courts turn it down...There are still Republicans who believe the Clinton's murdered Vince Foster.....

Old 11-18-2008, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krahmaan View Post
Looks like this "Obama not owning an authentic birth certificate" has come to an end -huh?
Um.. no. I do not trust the word of state officials or their "copies" in this matter, thank you very much.
Quote:
Is there still a question on if he's a natural born citizen?
You best believe there is. This is a serious matter, sir.
Quote:
Attended to my butt. When the original document is released to an independent panel of experts not working for the US government and declared genuine, then the matter will have been attended to.
Quote:
is there anything else?
Yeah, releasing the original document would be kinda nice, eh? I think that the American people should know the truth, the emphasis being on the word know.
Quote:
Do you feel differently about him as our new president elect? Or does anyone still harbor something?
Off into wonder land we go.

Old 11-18-2008, 11:31 PM

If the original document cannot be released for an independent review, I'm going to have a bigger problem with this stinking system than I already do, I can assure you of that. Now, where's the beef? Release the original document, if it even exists.

Old 11-18-2008, 11:36 PM

And don't give me any of that state law prohibits the release blah blah blah crap, don't even dare.

Old 11-19-2008, 01:58 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
My point in bringing McCain's citizenship up is to play devil's advocate. Had McCain been elected it is not anything I would be even slightly concerned about...and I'm not now.

I understand that Alan Keyes is pushing the Obama citizenship issue as well...you're in good company..
I don't blame Obama. If I were born in another country I would not want the records released either. I can't blame him one bit. After Obama takes the office he should destroy the records via the CIA.

Last edited by homebizseo; 11-19-2008 at 02:01 AM.

Old 11-19-2008, 02:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atom View Post
This is a serious matter, sir.
How serious?

Is it life threatening?

Will you be needing a doctor?

(Back to life, back to reality.)

Old 11-19-2008, 06:35 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I don't blame Obama. If I were born in another country I would not want the records released either. I can't blame him one bit. After Obama takes the office he should destroy the records via the CIA.
I don't believe you're an American citizen. I don't think you're qualified to judge a real birth certificate from a fake one.
I want proof of your citizenship.

Produce your birth certificate and post it here, please. Thank you.

Old 11-19-2008, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zap View Post
I don't believe you're an American citizen. I don't think you're qualified to judge a real birth certificate from a fake one.
I want proof of your citizenship.

Produce your birth certificate and post it here, please. Thank you.
Pretty poor argument, Zapper. C'mon, man, this is the presidency we are talking about here, no reason to get petty about this, it just makes you look bad.

Old 11-19-2008, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Pretty damned sad, isn't it? Now maybe you will begin to understand why I do not support our political system.

Old 11-19-2008, 07:47 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atom View Post
Pretty poor argument, Zapper. C'mon, man, this is the presidency we are talking about here, no reason to get petty about this, it just makes you look bad.
Not getting petty, just trying to get homebiz to try to come up with reasons why Obama might not want to release that to every crackpot that asks for it.
I was hoping to spark a few of his neurons into action.

Obama satisfied the requirements by providing the necessary documentation to those who are required to check it. There's no need for Obama to placate every nutjob who asks for his identity documents.

Old 11-19-2008, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zap View Post
Not getting petty, just trying to get homebiz to try to come up with reasons why Obama might not want to release that to every crackpot that asks for it.
I was hoping to spark a few of his neurons into action.

Obama satisfied the requirements by providing the necessary documentation to those who are required to check it. There's no need for Obama to placate every nutjob who asks for his identity documents.
I doubt he's asking to have the original document released to him personally, don't you?

Old 11-19-2008, 07:54 AM
v7n Mentor

The problem is, there isn't a scrap of evidence to show he was born anywhere other than Hawaii. All this is, is political desperation.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues