Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 10-17-2008, 10:10 AM
xo mudslide

that's such a generalization....almost like saying all black people are criminals....or somethin' like that. ; )

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 10-17-2008, 10:14 AM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristeejo View Post
Obama supporters are angry, jealous and lazy, huh?

Yesterday, someone told me you wouldn't be a Christian if you voted for him too.

...maybe he's the anti-christ?
Christy, his entire campaign is based on hatred against the current administration. He planted those seeds and they are growing in the heads of too many Americans. What do you expect?

Old 10-17-2008, 10:26 AM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by sitetutor View Post
Christy, his entire campaign is based on hatred against the current administration. He planted those seeds and they are growing in the heads of too many Americans. What do you expect?
Disappointment -yes
Hatred - I don't thing so

Old 10-17-2008, 10:27 AM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
And while the intentions may have been admirable, its had a swelling affect of negativity from what I have experienced.

Quote:
that's such a generalization....almost like saying all black people are criminals....or somethin' like that. ; )
I don't think so. Again, I said based on my experience. If I were generalizing I would be pointing out random events, not actual incidences and encounters I have experienced.

I'm sure there are nice people too, perhaps in the campaign. One guy in particular I talked to at great length when I called up the Obama campaign to ask them to stop killing trees and delivering a daily dose of junk mail to a registered Republicans doorstep daily!

He was a hell of a nice guy. Agreed on every point I made, and was rather laid back. I still get that damned junk mail though.

I think like Mike eluded to, its more the "supporters" that have taken the message to mean the extreme, rather than the message or the campaign itself.

Look, Obama hails from the Saul Alanksy school of thought which instructs one to agitate people into submission. I'm not making this stuff up. This is what Saul did, its what Barrack has done as a community organizer, and continues to do to this day.

To his credit, the agitation likely did not include the violence, hatred and anger initially, but sadly his supporters have certainly found that to be more effective for whatever reason.

Old 10-17-2008, 10:42 AM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia View Post
To his credit, the agitation likely did not include the violence, hatred and anger initially, but sadly his supporters have certainly found that to be more effective for whatever reason.
Or maybe they hate you simply because you're driving Vette

Old 10-17-2008, 11:22 AM
No Longer Active
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Hatred against the U.S. is all about Israel. The Islamic congress had a vote on what the number 1 issue in this world is and the vote was overwhelmingly for Israel/Palestine conflict. Of course your media will tell you it's all about the oil to oversimplify and keep the average person tuned in so they can sell some cookies during the commercial breaks.

Yes, but you still do not address the reasons WHY many of Israel's neighbours don't like their policies. I have a few hints for you; Apartheid, discrimination, genocide, terrorism.

For those who want to know what caused 9/11, here's a reason...

http://www.davidduke.com/writings/ho...literror.shtml

I grew up with a deep respect and sympathy for Israel, my entire family had been imprisoned by the nazis because of political reasons (My great granddad was in Dutch politics and publicly refused to coorporate with the nazis after the Dutch capitulation) and all my life I had heard how bad the Jews were treated and persecuted since centuries. Getting a bit older I started to stumble upon stories on what the Israeli government was doing towards the Palestinian people who's only mistake was that they lived (for centuries) on land that the zionists wanted for their own. That did not change my views towards "the jews" in general but it did change my views towards the zionist doctrine which is a racist apartheids doctrine which uses terrorism to reach their goals and uses the jewish victimization to stiffle critisim against it.

Every time someone dares to mention zionist crimes they are immediately labelled "anti semite" or "nazi". I don't buy that, where I come from we don't care what color, race or religion people have, when they commit crimes they are hold accountable for their crimes and using the "victim card" or "anti semite card" only makes an ass of the criminals who try to defend themself with that sort of distraction from the crimes they committed.

Here are a few of those crimes;

http://www.gtr5.com/
http://www.revisionisthistory.org/palestine50.html
http://www.deiryassin.org/mas.html
http://www.britains-smallwars.com/Pa.../Kingdavid.htm

As I said many times before, I don't give a rat's ass what color, race or religion people have but when they commit crimes they should be held accountable and not be given support instead, as with the zionist regime.

Old 10-17-2008, 11:42 AM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferre View Post
Are you f*cking kidding me?
Why didn't you tried Hitler instead? At least it would make sense

Come on man, get real. David Duke hates his own mother, never mind Jews.
Hey, are you are smoking wrong stuff today or what?

Old 10-17-2008, 12:07 PM
xo mudslide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia View Post
And while the intentions may have been admirable, its had a swelling affect of negativity from what I have experienced.

I don't think so. Again, I said based on my experience. If I were generalizing I would be pointing out random events, not actual incidences and encounters I have experienced.

I'm sure there are nice people too, perhaps in the campaign. One guy in particular I talked to at great length when I called up the Obama campaign to ask them to stop killing trees and delivering a daily dose of junk mail to a registered Republicans doorstep daily!

He was a hell of a nice guy. Agreed on every point I made, and was rather laid back. I still get that damned junk mail though.

I think like Mike eluded to, its more the "supporters" that have taken the message to mean the extreme, rather than the message or the campaign itself.

Look, Obama hails from the Saul Alanksy school of thought which instructs one to agitate people into submission. I'm not making this stuff up. This is what Saul did, its what Barrack has done as a community organizer, and continues to do to this day.

yes, it IS a generalization. Your statement was "obama supporters are jealous, lazy and angry." That is no better than someone saying they hate all black people because one of their relatives were beat up by one....or black people hating white people because of slavery. IT MAKES NO SENSE.

You have had bad experiences with obama supporters maybe - you weren't even sure how the poo ended up on your car but you jumped to the conclusion that it had to be a obama supporter because of a yard sign?! I think someone may have taken in a bit too much FOX NEWS.

Why is it that McCain supporters feel the need to jam it down our throats who they are voting for and why we need to believe like them or we're everything from anti-christian to jealous? I don't get it. Do you guys really think this is going to get ANYONE to change their vote? My brother has been doing the same thing for months and if anything - it's made me turn my nose up to mcCain.

Old 10-17-2008, 01:14 PM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
yes, it IS a generalization. Your statement was "obama supporters are jealous, lazy and angry." That is no better than someone saying they hate all black people because one of their relatives were beat up by one....or black people hating white people because of slavery. IT MAKES NO SENSE.
Sorry it seems that way. Again, in my own personal experience, more often than not, its been true.

Making this about race is a little over the top don't you think?

That was a bit uncalled for IMO.

Quote:

You have had bad experiences with obama supporters maybe - you weren't even sure how the poo ended up on your car but you jumped to the conclusion that it had to be a obama supporter because of a yard sign?! I think someone may have taken in a bit too much FOX NEWS.
No, its a bit more than that. Why on earth is Fox News always brought up when a left winger has nothing else to say? Did I say something about Fox News?

The reality is, here in WI, the Obama campaign fits that "generalization" as you called it, more often than not. These are not isolated incidents.

Quote:
Why is it that McCain supporters feel the need to jam it down our throats who they are voting for
Its the other way around.

Quote:

and why we need to believe like them or we're everything from anti-christian to jealous? I don't get it.
Class envy, yes... that would be "jealous". "Spread the Wealth Around?" That's not anti-anything other than Anti-American IMO.

Quote:

Do you guys really think this is going to get ANYONE to change their vote?
No, but it certainly does reaffirm the beliefs and principles for which we all are voting. The mind of the Obama supporter was made up long ago.

Quote:
My brother has been doing the same thing for months and if anything - it's made me turn my nose up to mcCain.
That's just the problem. You guys turn your nose up to anyone that disagrees with you because you believe you are so much better than us all.

Those of us on the other end of the spectrum just want to be left alone to work, make money, raise our kids and otherwise contribute to our society of our own accord.

Old 10-17-2008, 04:04 PM
xo mudslide

...but you see...i'm not a left-winger so i blow a hole in your logic. My point with racism was merely pointing out what a "generalization" is -

Old 10-17-2008, 08:09 PM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
...but you see...i'm not a left-winger so i blow a hole in your logic. My point with racism was merely pointing out what a "generalization" is -
You may not be a left-winger, but you are a wing-nut Love ya

Sorry just trying to lighten it up alittle, I'm not involved and I can sense some tension here just reading the thread.

Ok, everyone back to your corners and come out debating.

Old 10-17-2008, 09:38 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferre View Post

Yes, but you still do not address the reasons WHY many of Israel's neighbours don't like their policies. I have a few hints for you; Apartheid, discrimination, genocide, terrorism.

For those who want to know what caused 9/11, here's a reason...

http://www.davidduke.com/writings/ho...literror.shtml

I grew up with a deep respect and sympathy for Israel, my entire family had been imprisoned by the nazis because of political reasons (My great granddad was in Dutch politics and publicly refused to coorporate with the nazis after the Dutch capitulation) and all my life I had heard how bad the Jews were treated and persecuted since centuries. Getting a bit older I started to stumble upon stories on what the Israeli government was doing towards the Palestinian people who's only mistake was that they lived (for centuries) on land that the zionists wanted for their own. That did not change my views towards "the jews" in general but it did change my views towards the zionist doctrine which is a racist apartheids doctrine which uses terrorism to reach their goals and uses the jewish victimization to stiffle critisim against it.

Every time someone dares to mention zionist crimes they are immediately labelled "anti semite" or "nazi". I don't buy that, where I come from we don't care what color, race or religion people have, when they commit crimes they are hold accountable for their crimes and using the "victim card" or "anti semite card" only makes an ass of the criminals who try to defend themself with that sort of distraction from the crimes they committed.

Here are a few of those crimes;

http://www.gtr5.com/
http://www.revisionisthistory.org/palestine50.html
http://www.deiryassin.org/mas.html
http://www.britains-smallwars.com/Pa.../Kingdavid.htm

As I said many times before, I don't give a rat's ass what color, race or religion people have but when they commit crimes they should be held accountable and not be given support instead, as with the zionist regime.
I'm sorry, Ferre, but you are wrong. The reason that many Muslims hate Jews is because in the Quaran there are scriptures specifically singling out Jews. Hateful things. There are many factors playing roles. Jealousy is one thing. You are trying to project your own logic on people not thinking or acting logically. So since you don't want to bring in any religious reasons such as Jerusalem being the holy town, let me now be totally logical with you as well, not religion, no anything:
In 1948 the United Nations gave Israel to the Jews - blame the United Nations.
In 1967 Israel was attacked unprovoked by its neighboring countries - blame them.
Before 1948 Germans did what would eventually lead to Jews being given back Israel.
The only ones I see you blame on that list are Germans and Jews. Germans deserve it (deserve a lot more actually), but why do you blame people who have not experienced peaceful living in 2000 years regardless of what they do or don't do?

And you cannot tell me that in Europe there is no anti Americanism. Maybe not so much in Holland, but in Germany and France and that is regardless of who is President, and the nonsense vocal Anti Americans spew finds its way into your airwaves as well and into the minds of children who grow up overly critical of the U.S.A. and not even knowing why. (Cause mom and dad said so)

Old 10-19-2008, 03:00 AM

Man Chad You could get some folks fired up with that remark.

Personally I'm an Independent and don't trust either party.

Old 10-19-2008, 10:29 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

loads of online betting corps have now paid out for Obama to be next president

Old 10-20-2008, 02:07 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by robmac View Post
loads of online betting corps have now paid out for Obama to be next president
Yeah, people seem to forget that this election is more important than the grammies or the Superbowl.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues