Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 10-08-2008, 08:27 AM
v7n Mentor

Why can Barack Obama not pass a simple security check?

I am wondering why people are overlooking one of the most important factors when it comes to prequalifying a potential candidate applying for the highest office on earth.

~ Mike Dammann

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 10-08-2008, 08:31 AM
v7n Mentor

I have had that very question myself. When I joined the Navy, the rate that I went into required a security clearance. The Secret Service went to my high school, talked to my teachers, talked to friends, my friends parents and whoever else that led to in order to give me the ok on my clearance. If it had been found that I was less than honest about anything or that I had questionable social attachments I would have been denied the security clearance without hesitation. And my needed clearance, while top secret was not close to that needed for President.

I also ask the same question to many Senators and Congressman that continue to work with sensitive information.
www.pchelper123.com

Old 10-08-2008, 08:40 AM
No Longer Active
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by sitetutor View Post
Why can Barack Obama not pass a simple security check?

I am wondering why people are overlooking one of the most important factors when it comes to prequalifying a potential candidate applying for the highest office on earth.

~ Mike Dammann

Do you have a source for that?

Old 10-08-2008, 08:42 AM
v7n Mentor

I have contacted someone at Fox News. It seems that this is something his camp is working hard on protecting.
If anybody here has ties to the media, hit me up. Whatever it might be that he doesn't want us to know, should come to light before people hit the polls.

~ Mike

Old 10-08-2008, 08:44 AM
No Longer Active
Latest Blog:
None

So you don't have a source, just rumours?

Old 10-08-2008, 08:53 AM
v7n Mentor

Ferre, from my personal experience, I assure you anyone that has ties with activists such as Aires and others will not easily if at all get a security clearance just because of the ties themselves and if already has a clearance will likely loose it if it were pointed out.
www.pchelper123.com

Old 10-08-2008, 09:09 AM
No Longer Active
Latest Blog:
None

That didn't answer my question, mind you, I'm not an Obama fan at all, but all I see you guys doing is making assumptions and spread rumours, unless you can give me a source for Obama not getting a security clearance I just see this as ordinary gossip.

Old 10-08-2008, 09:12 AM
No Longer Active
Latest Blog:
None

Btw, I'm not a McCain fan either, but isn't this reason for questions about his security clearance too?

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/...n4505539.shtml

Old 10-08-2008, 09:57 AM
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferre View Post
Btw, I'm not a McCain fan either, but isn't this reason for questions about his security clearance too?

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/...n4505539.shtml
For someone who claims not to be an Obama fan, you certainly seem to defend him quite a bit.

I have a hard time equating McCain's short-term, minimal involvement with an anti-communist group and Obama's long-time association with the founder of a domestic terrorist group.

Ayers has stated that his only regret is that he "didn't do enough". Ayers' group, Weather Underground, killed a number of people and bombed multiple government targets within this country. Had their Fort Dix bombing attempt been successful (the bomb detonated prematurely killing several of Ayers' fellow terrorists), there would have been at least dozens of US soldiers killed and many more injured.

Old 10-08-2008, 10:18 AM
No Longer Active
Latest Blog:
None

Bob Barr, I fail to see why I should be an Obama fan simply because I request some proof for things stated about him, as I have said many times before, In my opinion both the democrats and republicans are corrupted beyond repair and not worthy to represent the American people...but again that's just my personal opinion.

That includes Obama. furthermore, I found people like Ron Paul to make a lot more sense than Obama and McCain combined and although he was running for the republicans I had the idea that he could make some change regarding the corrupton within the system.

From where I'm loking at it, and I'm not an American nor do I live in the states, many of the problems the people of the USA face are caused by political corruption and corporative interests which are time after time are put above the interests of the people...who pay, and pay, and pay for this corruption.

I don't see Obama or McCain make any real changes to the benefit of the American people at all, I personally think that only a radical shift from the two-party system into a multiple party system can do that but as we all know, the American media isn't very helpful to the people in that regard, they simply do not give any other party the chance to profile themselves the same way they do with the two parties.

If I was an American I would have immigrated to Amsterdam a long time ago, like many of my American friends have done.

Old 10-08-2008, 10:20 AM
xo mudslide

: ) it's good having back in the political threads, ferre. I agree with you wholeheartedly about the "gossip" and was so bothered by it I spouted about it in my blog.

Old 10-08-2008, 10:34 AM
No Longer Active
Latest Blog:
None

Yeah, I don't mind juicy stories about poliicians at all, whether they are left-or-right wingers, but let's stick with facts, the facts are dirty enough without inventing rumours anyway.

Old 10-08-2008, 10:42 AM
v7n Mentor

Interesting Read

http://www.rightsidenews.com/2008090...ted-obama.html

http://usmilitary.about.com/library/...allegiance.htm

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/theor...blsecdrugs.htm

This is the most interesting
http://usmilitary.about.com/od/theor...secconduct.htm
www.pchelper123.com

Old 10-08-2008, 10:45 AM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristeejo View Post
: ) it's good having back in the political threads, ferre. I agree with you wholeheartedly about the "gossip" and was so bothered by it I spouted about it in my blog.
It amazes me how many times we have to listen to the Keating 5 again and again and McCain was acquitted, yet asking questions on Obama's shady (to say the least) background, you immediately hit a nerve and cause people to get defensive or protective about their favorite candidate.
This is something that makes this election unique. People try to turn him into an idol.
Yet nobody wants us to look closer at him.

Every voter has a right to find out what a candidate is about as a person, past and present in order to make an informed decision, yet his supporters seem to choose to have their heads in the sand afraid of what they and others may find out.

Get out of your dreamworld and face the music!

Old 10-08-2008, 10:50 AM
xo mudslide

um...i'm not in a dreamworld dude.

I don't like either candidate but I'm amazed at the crap going around the net about this guy that IS NOT true.

Old 10-08-2008, 10:50 AM
v7n Mentor

If you look at the links describing different requirements for a security clearance it is not rumor or biased to say that Sen. Obama would be hard pressed to properly pass the process. Whether the clearance would or wouldn't be given, being I am not part of the decision process I can not say for sure, I can, however, say there would be a great deal of questions brought up in his case and that it would be less likely to pass than the average applicant.
www.pchelper123.com

Old 10-08-2008, 10:53 AM
v7n Mentor

KJ look on the other side, it's even worse, and supported by the mainstream media......

He has in fact a history with Aires and other self proclaimed communists as well as questionable people, he does in fact have a very liberal voting record. these aren't unproven rumors, they are fact.
www.pchelper123.com

Old 10-08-2008, 10:55 AM
Latest Blog:
None

gotta love republicans man, the dumbest species on earth today
Your #1 FREE source to make money online.http://www.cashgators.com

Old 10-08-2008, 10:59 AM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristeejo View Post
um...i'm not in a dreamworld dude.

I don't like either candidate but I'm amazed at the crap going around the net about this guy that IS NOT true.
We are stating facts as we know them, and needless to say, we are lacking important information and one must wonder what it might be if his team is working so hard on making sure that absolutely no light is shining into past activities.
His campaign is exactly like the process of selling a used car.
Sweet-talk, get the client excited and keep the excitement going, so he forgets to look what is underneath the hood.

I want to see and want the world to see what is underneath, and most of all the American voters to be fully informed on who it is who the media is trying to sell us as "Just what we need"!

Old 10-08-2008, 11:00 AM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Michealstork View Post
gotta love republicans man, the dumbest species on earth today
Republicans must be dumb, especially since it takes a ton of brains to call someone names.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues