Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

Share |
Old 10-08-2008, 12:22 PM
v7n Mentor

Who's In Charge Of The Truth?

http://www.kmov.com/video/topvideo-i...d=285793&shu=1

Would not this constitute a violation of ethics in it's own right? I mean it is to say the least a conflict of interest if these officials are supporters for Obama.

And admittedly even by themselves the ethics law they refer to is not prosecutable as it is a violation of the First Amendment.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 10-08-2008, 12:39 PM
No Longer Active

When there's something illegal going on I'm pretty sure the Republicans will demand an investigation, don't you think?

Like this fellah who's being investigated as we speak...

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2008/...lin-rally-app/

Old 10-08-2008, 12:55 PM
v7n Mentor

It's been protested heavily, as to my knowledge no actual action on the part of the "Truth Squad" have taken place. I assume you have to wait for the actual action before you investigate unethical or illegal behavior.

And, given the proper media exposure, I would think, especially since those involved are law officials and should be well informed of limits put on them and no doubt have future political ambitions of their own, that we won't see just cause given.

Old 10-08-2008, 01:14 PM
No Longer Active

Know what? From where I'm looking at the US elections, there's not much ethical going on there anyway and that includes both sides.

All the smearing, nitpicking on personal issues and attempts to block voters is not giving you guys a better image abroad, these elections are not about the political issues but on who comes out the least damaged at the end and that, my friend, is something the world is witnessing, a world that takes the USA less serious with every day that passes.

We have a saying down here, it goes something like; When you don't want people to think you're an idiot, don't act like one. At present times the USA is displaying itself as a country where the candidates are smearing eachoter over futile personal issues while their country is going down the drain financially and taking large parts of the world with them.

When "the other guy is a bad guy" is what gets a US president elected, this world is heading for a bumpy ride. When their own presidential candidates can't even use some diplomacy amongst eachother, the world can not expect any diplomacy from those guys when it's needed to prevent more wars either.

That, my friend, is what is talked about outside the USA, it scares the hell out of people all around the world.

Old 10-08-2008, 05:29 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferre View Post
That, my friend, is what is talked about outside the USA, it scares the hell out of people all around the world.
It's scares a lot of inside the USA too.

Old 10-10-2008, 02:15 PM
Contributing Member

Exclamation I seem to be, along with other activists, but noone wants

to listen... For there are no conspiracies.. everything is OK; the government loves you ;-) And oh yeah; for some strange reason, Fluoride is reported to be beneficial when ingested, while it's indicated on the tube of toothpaste that you should not swallow it, & they put it in the water... I'm living in the twilight zone!

Old 10-10-2008, 03:27 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Who's In Charge Of The Truth?
That'll be me, what is it you want to know?

Ok sorry, I will take this more seriously..

Old 10-11-2008, 02:52 PM
Contributing Member

Exclamation I would say...

Based on the evidence, which is NOT theory; Secret societies, but the Rabbit hole goes far deeper than that...

Old 10-11-2008, 03:12 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernard View Post
It's scares a lot of inside the USA too.
This couldn't be farther from the actual truth. I am scared like hell over the current situation with not only the USA itself, but the entire world.

Old 10-11-2008, 03:20 PM

Boy oh Boy this is getting ridiculous. They are protecting him like he is a little schoolgirl.
How do they know the truth anyway?? because he said it's truth? Who is protecting Palin and Mccain from the lies being spread about them? Google Michael Savage I believe he tells the truth even if he is rude and obnoxious.

Last edited by pugs; 10-11-2008 at 03:31 PM.

Old 10-11-2008, 03:30 PM

I am afraid that both parties are full of corruption up to their eyeballs. Every one of them needs to be ivestigated for the last 40 years. They do not even do the will of the people who elected them such as closing our borders for security and this bill they passed to bail out the Mafia on wall street. Nobody seems to be saying much about it either. Everyone seems to be too worried about who is going to win the ball game.

Old 10-11-2008, 06:20 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugs View Post
IThey do not even do the will of the people who elected them such as closing our borders for security and this bill they passed to bail out the Mafia on wall street. Nobody seems to be saying much about it either. Everyone seems to be too worried about who is going to win the ball game.
That's just the way they like it. The kicker is that it really doesn't matter who wins the election. Both sides are owned by the same group of people.
It doesn't matter who wins, republicans or democrats. Either way, you lose. That's the game with the highest stakes. Not the presidential election.

Old 10-11-2008, 07:33 PM
Banned

Gamer, is this some trick question?
Are you talking about this forum or in general?

If you are talking about this forum then I must say people with bigger mouth
If you are talking in general then people with lesser amount of lies

Old 10-11-2008, 07:50 PM
Super Moderator

In response to your specific question, Gamer, who's in charge of the truth?

I think we all are. We're all in charge of it, responsible for it, responsible to it and charged with it's care.
The problem is that we all see it a little bit differently, but I still believe that we all strive for it.

Old 10-11-2008, 08:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zap View Post
In response to your specific question, Gamer, who's in charge of the truth?

I think we all are. We're all in charge of it, responsible for it, responsible to it and charged with it's care.
The problem is that we all see it a little bit differently, but I still believe that we all strive for it.
Zap, being philosophical about this subject (anywhere else but this forum because of some members intolerance to opposing points of view) in a perfect world would perfect answer. I like it so much, Iíll give you pos. rep.

Old 10-12-2008, 12:03 AM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranter View Post
Gamer, is this some trick question?
Are you talking about this forum or in general?

If you are talking about this forum then I must say people with bigger mouth
If you are talking in general then people with lesser amount of lies

The question is quite clear I thought. If you take people that are supposedly in charge of upholding the law. Sheriff's, District Attorney's and the like, and they take sides to a particular campaign and restrict free speech because it is beyond what they want to hear. That is what was meant at by the innuendo "Who's in charge of the truth" They have since recanted their original wording of their mission after the charge of lack of being impartial to the laws was charged. Not to mention the ethics law they are referring to is not prosecutable under the First Amendment to begin with.

Old 10-12-2008, 07:19 PM
Contributing Member

I thought O'Reilly was in charge of the Truth?
Or was that Balance?

[/adding fuel to the fire]

Old 10-13-2008, 10:14 AM
v7n Mentor

Its kinda an uphill battle when every major news network and newspaper in the US and abroad is horny for Barrack. With 95% of the source of funds for Obama's campaign coming from overseas, its pretty clear what's going on.

Most reasonable and intelligent people know what the truth is and they do not need to be spoon fed and alternate reality to keep them on track.

Old 10-13-2008, 10:19 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegamerslink View Post
The question is quite clear I thought.
Apparently not

No one can be in charge of the truth because truth like wisdom is the state of your mind.

As to your topic title and example, you should rather ask “Should Law take sides or defend the truth?”, then I would say, it should because Law is requiring us to tell the truth. Remember? You shall tell the truth and nothing but the truth.

The problem is outside of the Court Rooms where any moron can fabricate lie and then sell it as “The Truth”.
If life had power to hold liars accountable and then punish them for their lies, then we all will be living in the paradise and we wouldn’t need Law to protect us from lies. But because we are at the mercy of some as*hole with Internet access and bag full of lies, then the Law is the only protection we can depend on.

Old 10-13-2008, 08:53 PM
Contributing Member

Exclamation Umm. People; You have no idea how bad it is, but that can c... Just checkout my site!

- Open mind required, so at least try; you only live once.

Look; They ALL lie, especially to you. ... The TRUTH is; The internet is required to find out the truth, but there is a lot of crap out there, however if one hold's their nose long enough, you will find out some compelling & moving information, to say the least. - I have put it all together in the site in my signature. - And before you make negative comments; I'm not asking you to believe me; Just research the info yourself!

The internet may not be here soon, so we have got to use it while we still have it!

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues