Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

Share |
Old 10-12-2008, 04:19 AM
No Longer Active

USA 2008: Vote rigging and suppression?

Here's some balance to the Obama/ACORN issue...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3eYFlYzHso

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 10-12-2008, 07:25 AM
v7n Mentor

You're just spreading conjecture and garbage now.....

So there's no reason anyone should have to prove who they are at the poll. Let's just let anyone saying they are anyone vote. Why not? Let people vote as many times as they want, to ensure otherwise is out and out discrimination and intimidation. I mean really, some may feel threatened having to prove their identity.

Listen, I have no license, I'm not allowed having one at the moment due to my illness. I do however have a voters registration card, it is my id for voting, it cost me nothing, I just had to go get it, and the argument that the action of my having to go get is somehow voter suppression tactics is just beyond stupid! People have to accept some personal responsibility. That is the reason behind many of the things we face today, much of the economic crisis is largely due to people not taking personal responsibility with their own finances. The cry for the lack of requirement for id at voting poll is due to people not wanting to take responsibility to get what they need to qualify to vote.

I mean really, if people go to get a student loan or pell grant, they are asked if they want to register to vote, if they go to get food stamps, medicare or any other state assistance program they are asked and actually prompted to vote at the same time, and given easy access to do so. If you go get your drivers permit, drivers license, or state id, again you are asked if you need to register to vote. If you go to pay property taxes you are asked if you need to register to vote and given the opportunity to do so.

Every where you turn you are reminded and encouraged to register to vote, regardless of finances or race. It's across the entire governmental structure. So the only reason for someone not to register to vote is lack of desire to do so. Those same people that ACORN says they are trying to make sure get to vote are the same people that make it to the children/family services department whenever needed to make sure they get food stamps or medicaid for themselves or their children. At least those are the types of people they say they are targeting the most. And students can't enroll in college without being asked to register to vote, through the sources provided by the state or school, not an outside group with questionable practices and motives. Before speaking out about things you should really do your homework on the subject and make sure you aren't just spouting out biased conjecture, or ignorant half truths.

I see no reason, especially in this day and age of consumer/voter fraud, identity theft and so many other practices, that a person should not expect, or be asked to show proof of identity when voting for any election.

That to me is just common sense. Without this practice then there is no line of defense keeping anyone from going to the next district, filing another voter registration and again voting. Or voting under another name. If there are those concerned that not everyone can afford to go and purchase a state ID or get a drivers license then let them petition to have a similar practice done as there is here in Georgia and other states. I went and got my voter registration card at no charge. I was given an immediate temporary paper and then a card was sent to me in the mail. How does that inhibit voter rights? The only thing I can see that it inhibits is voter fraud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferre View Post

Old 10-12-2008, 10:43 AM
Banned

Quote:

Great share Ferre!

Rigging and suppression has been happening for a long time now in this country and will continue to happen in the future. The lengths that people will go to misuse actual facts and change them in the minds of people are undefined. Holding back the facts doesn't create truth -EVER. It only holds back truth and creates a big fat lie threw manipulation.

Then once that lie is out, the so called ‘high intellectuals’ will go to great lengths to argue that these lies are facts. While still unknown to them, they too are victims of the same lie.

(Hence Puppet Masters: Puppets Of)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMSSEICU7kY

Old 10-12-2008, 11:11 AM
No Longer Active

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegamerslink View Post
You're just spreading conjecture and garbage now.....
Tell that the BBC, that video is from a BBC documentary. I think it's plain journalism, maybe you just don't like what's been displayed there.

Old 10-12-2008, 01:53 PM
v7n Mentor

Not at all, I'm stating the fact that you have a group, or groups such as ACORN going out and fraudulently registering tens of thousands to hundreds of thousands of non existent or repeat voters in states all over the country. They are then protesting the fact that photo id be required. What does that smell like?

The fact that you have challengers at the polls and that they may or may not be targeting those that have been placed on foreclosure lists hold no meaning. That is part of the process, if they are registered to vote and they have ID then they get to vote. I don't know of any law, at least not here that prevents you from voting in your previous precinct if you have moved within the deadline time of registration. Now, there is, however, a law preventing someone being registered in one precinct, going and registering in a different precinct and voting in both precincts.

Old 10-12-2008, 03:25 PM
No Longer Active

Bullcrap gamerslink, and you know it. It's NOT about the ID's at all, that's only how you try to justify this kind of disgusting behavior...

http://www.mtstandard.com/articles/2...ijjejjigfj.txt

All I hear you republicans and democrats do is use rethoric and distractions from the issues and all I hear you guys do is pathetic attemps of washing your hands from the fact that the republicans are as repulsive as the democrats in, during and after elections.

Both parties are populated with pitty excuses for human beings, smearing eachother and trying to put the blame for both of those party's insane policies onto one another.

When you want to know why foreigners don't like the USA anymore, it's exactly because of this kind of behaviour from your politicians, BOTH repubicans and democrats and you guys don't even realize what a bunch of clowns you are voting for.

Why can't you just face the truth? Why is it that half the world can see that both parties in the USA are full of crap and corrupted to the bone and their supporters don't see this?

..and someting else, why is it that guys like Bob Barr (the fake one on this forum, not the real Bob Barr) try to paint me off as someone who is NOT an outsider with NO sympathy for either one of those parties? Are those guys too stupid to realize that not everyone on these boards is American and can have a complete different sense and experience of what politics is all about?

I told you guys time after time, I'm an outsider, I don't give a rat's ass who wins the US elections, US politics are rotten to the bone anyway and no democrat or republican will ever change that, their handlers wouldn't allow it and THAT is something half the world knows too.

Those discussions about who is the biggest crook are insane, face it, they are ALL crooks, it doesn't matter who is a bigger scammer, fact is that they are scammers and the American people pay for it. Guys like you pay for it, while defending those asclowns.

Last edited by Ferre; 10-12-2008 at 03:30 PM.

Old 10-12-2008, 03:44 PM
No Longer Active

Sorry if I sound harsh gamerslink, please understand it's not personal, I love this community and respect guys like you and anyone else on these boards for who you are, I just get angry when I see how you guys on both sides are being played by those parties and devided, exactly where they want you to be in order for them to keep on scamming you, your children, and the rest of the world.

It's sad, this world could be soo much better if only the American people would wake up and take back their country from those criminally insane sociopaths who run both parties in the US and no democrat or republucan politician will ever do that, it's up to you guys to get wise and stop falling for the same snake oil they are selling you ever since they wacked JFK, this is going on for decades and getting worse and worse and they let you pay for it all. They are sliding the US into a fascist police state and no Obama or McCain is going to change that.

Old 10-13-2008, 07:03 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Sorry if I sound harsh gamerslink, please understand it's not personal, I love this community and respect guys like you and anyone else on these boards for who you are, I just get angry when I see how you guys on both sides are being played by those parties and devided, exactly where they want you to be in order for them to keep on scamming you, your children, and the rest of the world.

It's sad, this world could be soo much better if only the American people would wake up and take back their country from those criminally insane sociopaths who run both parties in the US and no democrat or republucan politician will ever do that, it's up to you guys to get wise and stop falling for the same snake oil they are selling you ever since they wacked JFK, this is going on for decades and getting worse and worse and they let you pay for it all. They are sliding the US into a fascist police state and no Obama or McCain is going to change that.
+1

You guys really need to remind your politicians that THEY work for YOU and not the other way around.

Old 10-13-2008, 07:45 AM
v7n Mentor

Quote:

In order to "steal" something, you must have first "owned" it. You cannot steal something you do not own.

As for ACORN, I've witnessed first hand the tactics used here in WI. They buy underwear and cigarettes for the homeless in Milwaukee county to get them to vote for Democrats.

Old 10-16-2008, 12:02 PM
Banned

i think it is time for big change & it is natural !

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues