Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

Share |
Old 10-18-2008, 03:18 AM
No Longer Active

White House Orchestrated Taxpayer-Funded Trips to Help Republican Candidates

From the US government website...

http://oversight.house.gov/story.asp?ID=2222

Quote:
A draft Committee report circulated by Chairman Waxman finds that in the months before the 2006 elections, the White House Office of Political Affairs “enlisted agency heads across government in a coordinated effort to elect Republican candidates to Congress,” directing them “to make hundreds of trips – most at taxpayer expense – for the purpose of increasing the electability of Republicans.”

Nice going, is that legal?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 10-18-2008, 01:06 PM
No Longer Active

Funny how this topic gets ignored by the republican party supporters on these boards. What's up South, Mike? Are you still figuring out how to blame the "liberals" for this? Is the source not credible?

Old 10-18-2008, 02:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferre View Post
Funny how this topic gets ignored by the republican party supporters on these boards. What's up South, Mike? Are you still figuring out how to blame the "liberals" for this? Is the source not credible?

They would love to but there is no talking points on this subject...
if you know what I mean

Old 10-19-2008, 02:15 AM
No Longer Active

Yeah, like they never made as much noise about Diebolt as they are doing with ACORN.

Old 10-19-2008, 07:22 AM
Banned

I voted Republican. We're not all corrupted you know. Both Democrats and Republicans have good and bad people in them. As with all organizations and political parties.

Old 10-19-2008, 09:02 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:

No, the source is not credible. Politicians of one party create "reports" all the time, the purpose of which is to embarrass members of the opposite party. It's just the way politics works here in the U.S.

Old 10-19-2008, 11:28 AM
No Longer Active

Quote:
Originally Posted by intech View Post
No, the source is not credible. Politicians of one party create "reports" all the time, the purpose of which is to embarrass members of the opposite party. It's just the way politics works here in the U.S.

Are you claiming that this report is a lie? And a second question, did you bother to read it, I know it are a couple of pdf files, but I read it and it's very wel documented and accompanied with facts.

Old 10-19-2008, 06:48 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:

Are you claiming that this report is a lie? And a second question, did you bother to read it, I know it are a couple of pdf files, but I read it and it's very wel documented and accompanied with facts.

I think that it is very likely that all, some, or most of it is untrue. Like I said, politicians do this type of thing all the time in an effort to gain political points. Do you have a way of verifying the "facts?" Believe me, when politicians are involved, what they call "facts" are subject to interpretation.

Old 10-20-2008, 02:36 AM
v7n Mentor

I love how you tell us you are not pro-Obama, Ferre. For someone not pro Obama and fair and balanced as you would like us to see you, you are trying pretty hard to find whatever you can on McCain. Would you mind linking us to a thread you've started exposing Dems for anything?

Old 10-20-2008, 09:52 AM
No Longer Active

Quote:
Originally Posted by sitetutor View Post
I love how you tell us you are not pro-Obama, Ferre. For someone not pro Obama and fair and balanced as you would like us to see you, you are trying pretty hard to find whatever you can on McCain. Would you mind linking us to a thread you've started exposing Dems for anything?
I do that on purpose Mike, simple because the past weeks there were numerous topics posted with the only purpose to smear Obama, if there had been numerous topics smearing McCain I would have posted some stuff on Obama, there was no balance anymore, it looked like this board was populated with right wingers, all I do is add some balance because I found it needed.

Besides, you do a pretty good job yourself posting anything you can find to smear Obama, no need for me to add anything to the many links you already posted. (of wich many were simply stupid slander btw, like your topic that started with the claim that Obama can not get security clearance)

Old 10-20-2008, 01:16 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
I do that on purpose Mike, simple because the past weeks there were numerous topics posted with the only purpose to smear Obama, if there had been numerous topics smearing McCain I would have posted some stuff on Obama, there was no balance anymore, it looked like this board was populated with right wingers, all I do is add some balance because I found it needed.
This report has nothing to do with McCain. It has to do with the White House, which, the last time I looked, was occupied by one George W. Bush, not John McCain.

Old 10-20-2008, 02:02 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
This report has nothing to do with McCain. It has to do with the White House, which, the last time I looked, was occupied by one George W. Bush, not John McCain.
Obama supporters will always find an imaginary bridge to link any scandal or rumor to John McCain. It never fails.

Old 10-20-2008, 03:27 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sitetutor View Post
Obama supporters will always find an imaginary bridge to link any scandal or rumor to John McCain. It never fails.
They will also do everything they can to link McCain to Bush, which, of course is completely inaccurate. McCain was always the Republican who fought the most against Bush. They point to his voting "with Bush" (whatever that means since Bush doesn't vote) 90% of the time, but a Senator who votes against an incumbent President of his own party 10% of the time is truly a maverick ( I know, an overused term). Also, keep in mind that many votes are not heavily contested and are bipartisan ratifications of things everybody agrees on. I'm sure Obama voted with Bush many times.

Old 10-20-2008, 03:49 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
I'm sure Obama voted with Bush many times.
Here you go slandering the Messaiah again.

Old 10-20-2008, 05:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
They point to his voting "with Bush" (whatever that means since Bush doesn't vote) 90% of the time, but a Senator who votes against an incumbent President of his own party 10% of the time is truly a maverick ( I know, an overused term)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMvohE_otJ4

Never quit your day job because politics is not your cup of tea

Old 10-20-2008, 05:24 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranter View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMvohE_otJ4

Never quit your day job because politics is not your cup of tea
Is that video supposed to prove something that hasn't already been said here? McCain stating that he voted with Bush 90% of the time. So what?

Old 10-20-2008, 05:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Is that video supposed to prove something that hasn't already been said here? McCain stating that he voted with Bush 90% of the time. So what?
Let me pit it to you this way

McCain = Bush - 10% ~ McCain is Bush less 10%

Old 10-20-2008, 05:52 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranter View Post
Let me pit it to you this way

McCain = Bush - 10% ~ McCain is Bush less 10%
Or it could be Bush + 10%.

Old 10-20-2008, 06:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Or it could be Bush + 10%.
God forbid.....

- That is what I will call formula for one more war
- Value of Dollar will go below sheet of toilet paper
- Convicted to death by hanging will have to supply his own rope
- Soldiers will have to buy ammunition (most likely from Dick)
- You will have to learn Chinese and get use to eat rice

Old 10-20-2008, 08:07 PM
v7n Mentor

I distrust this report because of the character of Waxman. Though he is clearly the father of the National Enquirers bat boy, he has never stepped forward and taken financial or parental responsibility.

Bat Boy

Waxman

I think my point is made clear.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues