Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
  #1  
Old 10-19-2008, 11:52 AM
Ferre's Avatar
Ferre Ferre is offline
No Longer Active
 
Join Date: 10-15-03
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 6,897
iTrader: 0 / 0%
The Republican voter fraud hoax

From one of the biggest British newspapers...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...rn-voter-fraud

Quote:
Donald Duck and the Dallas Cowboys won't steal the election for Obama. Acorn's only crime is registering Democratic voters

Barack Obama and the Democrats are stealing the election. Massive voter fraud is being carried out, even as we speak, by their henchmen, known by the innocuous sounding Association for Community Organisations for Reform Now, or Acorn. Clever bastards.

The only problem? Despite the screaming wall-to-wall coverage of "Democratic voter fraud in 11 swing states" as seen on Fox News and even the once-respectable CNN, none of it's true. None of it.
In just the last week, we've had a phoney stunt raid in swing state Nevada (where Acorn had been cooperating with officials for months, concerning problem canvassers they'd long ago fired); a Republican election official in swing state Missouri tell Fox News that she's being beseiged with fraudulent registration forms from Acorn (in a county where they've not done any registration work since August); a Republican sheriff in swing state Ohio, who, the very next day, suddenly requested the names and addresses of hundreds of early voters (with evidence of exactly zero wrong doing, but lots of Democratic-leaning college student in the particular county, and John McCain's state campaign chair as a partner in the investigation); and a screaming front page headline in Rupert Murdoch's New York Post about a guy who claims he was somehow tricked by Acorn into registering 72 times (but read the article closely to note he says he registered at the same address each time, which, even if true, would allow him - you guessed it - precisely one legal vote.)
It's an old Republican scam, but it's never been carried out with more zeal than this year. The Republicans have been putting so much time, money and resources into the propaganda leading up to this over the last four years, we should have expected no less.
Apparently, when the Republicans can't win on the issues, they resort to personal attacks and hoaxes to try and win.

Can you spell L-A-M-E.
 
Reply With Quote

Advertisement

Advertisement

  #2  
Old 10-19-2008, 12:16 PM
South's Avatar
South South is offline
v7n Mentor
 
Join Date: 10-13-03
Posts: 2,489
iTrader: 1 / 100%
I don't know who they're writing that to convince, but here in America ACORN is well known and exists to perpetuate voter fraud every election year. They don't really try to hide it and it's common knowledge. They've been sued for it over the years in nearly every state where they exist.

Nobody has though much about them except as a comical irritation until these last couple of elections because the states are tightening up. They do the typical things, register homeless under multiple temporary addresses and have them vote many times, register dead people, register people who can't vote under fictitious or other peoples names, ect.

They spend the off season pushing for voting laws that don't require ID and such, for obvious reasons.

Acorn may be a new name to the rest of the world, but here in America we know very well who they are and while UK newspapers can have fun jumping into the soap opera that our elections have become, they're never going to convince us that they don't do what we watch them do first hand year after year.

Since things are close enough this year that Acorn could actually matter, the republicans are overblowing what Acorn does (maybe even making some things up, I don't know), and the Democrats and democrat controlled media are acting as if Acorn does nothing.

They'll be arguing over what really happened or didn't happen twenty years from now. I personally think the whole thing is pathetic.
 
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-19-2008, 01:02 PM
Ferre's Avatar
Ferre Ferre is offline
No Longer Active
 
Join Date: 10-15-03
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 6,897
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Well, what I know about ACORN for fact is that they are required by law to hand in ALL registrations regardless whether they themself find them "suspect", I also know for fact that they themselves flag the ones they find suspect to the registration authorities, I've been reading about that the past weeks. I also know for fact that they coorporate with the authorities wherever needed to prevent fraud, and then there's another thing I know for fact and that is that the republicans are making a much bigger deal of it all than it actually is and try to portay ACORN as a fraudulous organisation, which no one has found any evidence for so far.

And another thing, from what I read the past years, the republicans are not innocent on voter fraud either, I really don't know who's the bigger fraud here, the dems or the republicans but considering the many news articles I read about this issue I put my money on the republicans as the biggest frauds, despite ACORN.

BTW, with republicans I actually mean the neocons in charge at present times, I know for fact that there are many good people amongst the rebulicans, neocons however have been proven to be borderline criminals and liars. In fact I think they should leave the republican party and start their own party, they are giving the republicans a bad name, not only in America but all over the world.

Last edited by Ferre; 10-19-2008 at 01:06 PM.
 
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-19-2008, 01:07 PM
ranter ranter is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: 10-08-08
Location: RealityCheckVille
Posts: 550
iTrader: 0 / 0%
I’ll say that Republicans are doing all that bogus names registrations to put ACORN in hot water
so they can use it as an opportunity to attack Democrats.

Just kidding…
I made that up for fun sake… but then again, every joke has silver lining of truth.

Go figure
 
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-19-2008, 01:37 PM
South's Avatar
South South is offline
v7n Mentor
 
Join Date: 10-13-03
Posts: 2,489
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferre View Post

BTW, with republicans I actually mean the neocons in charge at present times, I know for fact that there are many good people amongst the rebulicans, neocons however have been proven to be borderline criminals and liars. In fact I think they should leave the republican party and start their own party, they are giving the republicans a bad name, not only in America but all over the world.
We could go back on forth on whether or not Acorn is fraudulent. They just are. They're not the only ones, but they're sort of the poster guys for voter fraud, but that withstanding....

The Republican brand is without a doubt wounded and it's the Republicans fault. They promised less spending and spent more, they promised smaller government and didn't deliver, and however it was arrived at Bush inherited a balanced budget and didn't do well with it.

Obama will do nothing but fester an already bad problem. McCain is certainly no savior, but he at least works in a way that might help start us toward some bipartisan solution. One way or the other we're just going to have to get through these next four years as best we can. We'll look a lot better coming out of the other side with McCain. The Obama cleanup is going to be a frightening thing to face, though it looks like that is probably what we're looking at.
 
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-19-2008, 01:58 PM
ranter ranter is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: 10-08-08
Location: RealityCheckVille
Posts: 550
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by South View Post
McCain is certainly no savior, but he at least works in a way that might help start us toward some bipartisan solution.
Amen to that with hope he will continue to stick to his splendid bipartisan convictions as he done it in the past and make it easier for Obama to clean up the mess he is going inherit.
 
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-19-2008, 04:55 PM
Ferre's Avatar
Ferre Ferre is offline
No Longer Active
 
Join Date: 10-15-03
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 6,897
iTrader: 0 / 0%
You know what I think South? I think that when of all the people in America they can only come up with either Obama or McCain as possible presidents THAT says someting about the sorry state that USA is in.

Seriously.

Don't you guys have any REAL intellectuals down there?
 
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-19-2008, 05:18 PM
Ferre's Avatar
Ferre Ferre is offline
No Longer Active
 
Join Date: 10-15-03
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 6,897
iTrader: 0 / 0%
http://www.parool.nl/static/FOTO/pe/...arge_15808.jpg

 
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-19-2008, 05:51 PM
South's Avatar
South South is offline
v7n Mentor
 
Join Date: 10-13-03
Posts: 2,489
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferre View Post
You know what I think South? I think that when of all the people in America they can only come up with either Obama or McCain as possible presidents THAT says someting about the sorry state that USA is in.

Seriously.

Don't you guys have any REAL intellectuals down there?
Mitt Romney is brilliant. He'd also be a good man to have in office while trying to dig out of an economic crisis.

Whoever wins this year will be a four year president. McCain because he's already decided that and Obama because guys like him never last more than one term. I've said on here before that if either side had a reasonably strong candidate this race wouldn't even be close. It wasn't a great year for candidate picks.

If Clinton had taken the Dem primary, it wouldn't even be a race right now. Had Romney taken the Rep primary, same thing.
 
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-20-2008, 12:21 AM
Ferre's Avatar
Ferre Ferre is offline
No Longer Active
 
Join Date: 10-15-03
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 6,897
iTrader: 0 / 0%
McCain wouldn't even last four years. He's a 72 years old cancer patient and a presidency would wreck him phisically. If he would be elected he'd most probably die in the white house giving the presidency to a theocrat with the intellect of a talking fruit fly.


All I've heard from Obama is populist rethoric, both rely on a bunch of ex-lobbyists to tell them what their suposed policies will be, America could just as well elect the lobbyists for president, afterall it's them who are the handlers behind both candidates.

Anyway, that's how it looks like from my part of the woods.


These elections are actually between Wallstreet and telecom companies.
 
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 10-20-2008, 11:12 AM
Linda in NY's Avatar
Linda in NY Linda in NY is offline
v7n Mentor
 
Join Date: 07-24-06
Location: Western NY
Posts: 1,278
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferre View Post
You know what I think South? I think that when of all the people in America they can only come up with either Obama or McCain as possible presidents THAT says someting about the sorry state that USA is in.

Seriously.

Don't you guys have any REAL intellectuals down there?
Ferre,

I'm sorry you feel that way. I'm am sorry for you, I think it's a shame that you constantly find fault with everything American or related to the United States of America. I'm proud to be an American, like I'm sure you are proud of your nationality.

All countries have their faults, all political parties have their faults and bad eggs, I find it amazing that you have so much animosity towards me and my family and friends. My children are innocent human beings but you already have a preconceived idea of how they think and what's in their hearts because they are American. I'm sure my 4 yr old daughter is a terrible threat to the world. Or at least by the time I've read all of your posts and I was a person who knew nothing of America, I'd feel that way, since the majority of your posts contain ill opinions of our country and people.

Maybe someday you will meet an American that you will like and have at least something nice to say about one American.

I live in this country and all I do is try and provide a safe place for my children to live, showing them love, teaching them respect for themselves and others, try to make sure that the get a decent education, give to charities, keep up our property, don't break the law whether I agree with the law or not, and yet I keep reading how awful us Americans are.

Sorry everyone, I know this wasn't on topic, but I had to vent.
 
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-20-2008, 04:51 PM
Ferre's Avatar
Ferre Ferre is offline
No Longer Active
 
Join Date: 10-15-03
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 6,897
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Linda, you are wrong in many ways. Since when is someone who dislikes American politics an American hater? That the same as calling people who dislike Israeli politics an anti semite, it's just lame and not true.

You sound like those republicans who try and call anyone who doesn't vote for them an America hater, don't you realize how stupid that is?

I know many nice Americans, Amsterdam is full of expats and I have been travelling trough the US many times in the past and have met loads of nice people.

I dislike foreign policies from both the democrats and the republicans, for me they are just one party with two faces and both scew the world up wherever they can to prevent their holy dollar from being flushed down the drain.

That does not at all mean that I dislike Americans, to say that and to bring your daughter into this is just plain pathetic, I thought you were smarter than that. Seriously.
 
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-20-2008, 05:20 PM
Linda in NY's Avatar
Linda in NY Linda in NY is offline
v7n Mentor
 
Join Date: 07-24-06
Location: Western NY
Posts: 1,278
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Well when every post you makes sounds like an attack people tend to get a bit defensive, it's human nature.

I just wish once in awhile I could see a post from you that has a tone of nice-ness in it. The constant negative vibes gets to be a downer after awhile.

And an FYI regarding your statement about me sounding like a republican, I have voted for Democrats, Republicans and Independents in the past, and will continue to do so.
 
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-20-2008, 05:39 PM
Ferre's Avatar
Ferre Ferre is offline
No Longer Active
 
Join Date: 10-15-03
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 6,897
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda in NY View Post
Well when every post you makes sounds like an attack people tend to get a bit defensive, it's human nature.
I guess you missed all the posts on these boards by Americans talking negative and attacking American politicians. Those guys are bashing eachother's candidates all the time but when I do that you feel defensive?

Why pick me? Because I'm a foreigner? Why not pick on Mike, he is smearing Obama all the time and he's a foreigner too.

Oh wait, he made a special post on how he looooves America, I guess that makes it ok.



 
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-20-2008, 05:48 PM
ranter ranter is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: 10-08-08
Location: RealityCheckVille
Posts: 550
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda in NY View Post
I have voted for Democrats, Republicans and Independents in the past, and will continue to do so.
I hope not at the same time in the same election
 
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 10-20-2008, 06:01 PM
intech's Avatar
intech intech is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 05-15-08
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 99
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferre View Post
From one of the biggest British newspapers...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...rn-voter-fraud



Apparently, when the Republicans can't win on the issues, they resort to personal attacks and hoaxes to try and win.

Can you spell L-A-M-E.
So I guess old Brad from "one of the biggest British newspapers" trumps Fox News + CNN put together. Not to mention an FBI investigation.

Seems to me that ACORN has committed voter fraud for decades. Now, in this instance, they did a botched job of it, so they're excused because nobody could vote as Mickey Mouse or Mary Poppins. That's like saying you robbed a bank, but it's not a felony because they slipped you monopoly money instead of the real thing.

The point is that they INTENDED on committing fraud.
 
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-20-2008, 06:38 PM
ranter ranter is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: 10-08-08
Location: RealityCheckVille
Posts: 550
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by intech View Post
Seems to me that ACORN has committed voter fraud for decades.....
The point is that they INTENDED on committing fraud.
You do understand that ACORN has nothing to do with Voting per say
and that their job has been limited to voters registration?
 
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10-20-2008, 06:53 PM
South's Avatar
South South is offline
v7n Mentor
 
Join Date: 10-13-03
Posts: 2,489
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranter View Post
You do understand that ACORN has nothing to do with Voting per say
and that their job has been limited to voters registration?
They have nothing to do with voting because their job is voter registration?

You're giving that weed on your flag a bad name.
 
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10-20-2008, 07:07 PM
intech's Avatar
intech intech is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 05-15-08
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 99
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranter View Post
You do understand that ACORN has nothing to do with Voting per say
and that their job has been limited to voters registration?
Let me spell it out for you: they register ficticious names so that people can vote more than once under various names. I don't think that's too hard to understand and I believe that would qualify as voter fraud in just about every country on earth.

They also fight against any laws that make people prove who they are on election day. I wonder why.
 
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 10-20-2008, 07:36 PM
ranter ranter is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: 10-08-08
Location: RealityCheckVille
Posts: 550
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by South View Post
They have nothing to do with voting because their job is voter registration?

You're giving that weed on your flag a bad name.
Since when ACORN took over the electoral college?
http://www.archives.gov/federal-regi...ege/about.html

Then again, you can try to tie these two together.
I would love to see you to do that
 
Reply With Quote
Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Global Warming is a Hoax cldnails Controversial Social Issues 261 11-05-2008 02:19 AM
Google and Duplicate content a hoax !! littlephoenix SEO Forum 19 12-03-2007 12:24 PM
I'm not a republican, but this guy makes me want to be one: Ron Paul Forsh Forum Lobby 2 06-10-2007 09:08 AM
Republican vs Democrat - What's the Difference? Nick W Controversial Social Issues 256 10-12-2004 01:55 PM


V7N Network
Get exposure! V7N I Love Photography V7N SEO Blog V7N Directory


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:45 AM.
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright 2000-2014 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
Copyright © 2003 - 2018 VIX-WomensForum LLC