Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 06-27-2004, 07:39 PM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

kill michael moore

kill him, thanks.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 06-27-2004, 07:44 PM
Individualist

What did he do?

Old 06-27-2004, 07:45 PM
Contributing Member

Made that **** documentary F911, that only expresses his one view.

Old 06-27-2004, 07:51 PM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

im thinking of going to the movie theater and handing out photos of dogs in torture chambers on ppls way out with Saddams not such a bad guy after all written on them
just to unswing the swing voters

Old 06-27-2004, 08:03 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLien
Made that **** documentary F911, that only expresses his one view.

HAHAHA you kill me sometimes. It's HIS movie, he has been saying from the very beginning that he is biased.He has a belief and he made a movie to express it. You could go make your own movie about how great Bush is, because that is th essence of a free country. Not only free to walk the streets and find a job, but free to voice your opinion, whatever that opinion may be.

The fact that it upsets you so much that he made a movie that was anti-bush that you felt the need to post a thread "kill michael moore" is just sad.

Old 06-27-2004, 08:11 PM
No Longer Active
Latest Blog:
None

the idea of freedom of speech is that we learn not to kill everyone who has a view we do not agree with. This also saves you from being killed because you happen to like Bush, btw. :wink:

Old 06-27-2004, 08:28 PM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

i dont believe statement of facts should be biased.. if he wants to release a real documentary he should of included all the facts.. not just the ones that point his one minded way

Old 06-27-2004, 08:30 PM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

I believe in freedom of speech and Michael Moore even though I cannot stand him has a right to do a film like this. The problem I have with him is when he was first trying to get his movie release he was saying "No this is NOT a political movie" now that it's been released he changed his tone.

I used to like his work until he got famous.

imaginemn

Old 06-27-2004, 09:05 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by theSpear
i dont believe statement of facts should be biased.. if he wants to release a real documentary he should of included all the facts.. not just the ones that point his one minded way
None of the facts are false, he just used them in a particular way to prove his point. Which, if you have ever tried to prove a point is really the point of facts. He has a certain set of beliefs and he wanted to make a film about those beliefs, so that is what he did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginemn
The problem I have with him is when he was first trying to get his movie release he was saying "No this is NOT a political movie" now that it's been released he changed his tone.
I guess you didn't get all the facts. His comments about it not being a political film were in response to several Republican Senators who were trying to ban the commercials for the film because of political advertising laws. They were arguing that commercials for his film were endorsements for the Democratic party and as such should fall under the laws that govern political advertisements. He wasn't being sneaky about anything, he was trying to keep commercials for his film on the air.

Old 06-27-2004, 09:10 PM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

but he says its a real factual documentary.. but its not.. its a real biased factory one..

Old 06-27-2004, 09:18 PM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
I guess you didn't get all the facts. His comments about it not being a political film were in response to several Republican Senators who were trying to ban the commercials for the film because of political advertising laws. They were arguing that commercials for his film were endorsements for the Democratic party and as such should fall under the laws that govern political advertisements. He wasn't being sneaky about anything, he was trying to keep commercials for his film on the air.
NOPE! Not even close to what I am talking about.

The sneakiness I was referring to (didn't want to make a LONG post) started going on when he was first told by Disney that they would not release his movie because the heads thought it was too biased and too political. He had a finished film and no one at Disney did not want to release it and pulled the plug on the movie. Has nothing to do with trying to justify the release.

imaginemn

Old 06-27-2004, 09:20 PM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

wasnt talking about that..

Old 06-27-2004, 10:04 PM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

ah.. an elist i subscribe too couldnt of said it better
"Yes, they are entitled to their opinions, but why not just write to their congressional delegates the way the rest of us do, instead of the public forums they can generate just by calling a press conference."

Old 06-27-2004, 10:38 PM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

Wow. I've been doing a little reading about this guy. Seems that pretty much everyone, even the liberal media, sees him as pretty much a fat, pompus, oppotunist.

Here's the best take I've seen yet on F911

Christopher Hitchens

To describe this film as dishonest and demagogic would almost be to promote those terms to the level of respectability. To describe this film as a piece of crap would be to run the risk of a discourse that would never again rise above the excremental. To describe it as an exercise in facile crowd-pleasing would be too obvious. Fahrenheit 9/11 is a sinister exercise in moral frivolity, crudely disguised as an exercise in seriousness. It is also a spectacle of abject political cowardice masking itself as a demonstration of "dissenting" bravery.

He hates America and has a camera, what can you do?

Old 06-27-2004, 10:55 PM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

wasnt he one of those ppl that said he would move to europe if bush got elected? i wish he would move on.

Old 06-27-2004, 11:13 PM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
LOS ANGELES -- Michael Moore's anti-Bush "Fahrenheit 9/11" became the highest-grossing documentary of all time on its first weekend in release, taking in $21.8 million as it packed theaters across the country this weekend.

The movie, mocking President Bush and criticizing his decision to go to war in Iraq, was No. 1 at the box office, beating out the popular comedies "White Chicks" and "DodgeBall," which were playing on almost triple the number of screens.
Isn't it IRONIC that his movie was also released with two other stupid comedies? This must have been DUMB COMEDIES weekend.

imaginemn

Old 06-28-2004, 02:49 AM
Super Trooper
Latest Blog:
None

I bought a "Michael Moore is fat" t-shirt

Old 06-28-2004, 05:30 AM
No Longer Active
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian
I bought a "Michael Moore is fat" t-shirt
The dude does look fat. :wink:

The dude might be biased, I think so too but that does not change the facts he documents. In fact, I think he could do a few more documentaries about the Bush&co corruption. Biased or not, those facts are nasty.

Old 06-28-2004, 06:42 AM

Read the latest issue of Newsweek where they highlight how Moore's "views" are blatant lies.

He is a POS who makes money off a tragedies......need I bring up the crappy movie he made about Columbine?

Seeing him get booed on stage while accpeting an award was of the highlights of my life.

Old 06-28-2004, 07:36 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
Big Green Help

he tries to make the public aware of the corruption that exists in the white house huh? why not do a movie on clinton? oh no wait, he wasn't as famous then and he couldn't use a tragedy like 9/11 to market it. i guess somalia and the uss cole weren't goo enough.

that guy makes me sick and embarassed to be an american. he is the ultimate example of capitalzing on the death of thousands of innocent people to promote a twisted and unrealistic point-of-view. i sure hope bush gets elected so we can finally be rid of this piece of crap of a human being. he should move now and save us all from his presence. i hope he takes all of his other celebrity friends with him that don't live in the real world.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues