Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

Share |
Old 12-03-2008, 06:30 AM
v7n Mentor

"Could God microwave a burrito so hot that He Himself could not eat it?"

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 12-03-2008, 09:47 AM
Contributing Member

I see the point you are trying to make, but I dont agree...A religion is a concept, a belief system that is supposedly open to all to join. Ultimately it is the individuals choice to believe in whatever they want to, whether they are accepted by the group or not.

People on the other hand are more then capable of being racist and that is where racism enters into religion. The point you make about being born into an area where a certain religion is dominant and therefor is more likely to become your faith has some merit, but it is not definitive.

In the end, I feel that all religions are man made and therefor have no real standing with a deity if one does exist.

I dont believe in any religion and I dont disavow them either, I simply practice the art of patience which enables me to wait and see when my time comes...or then again maybe I wont see a thing. either way I am here now and pretty stoked about that!

Old 12-03-2008, 09:48 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkfluffybunny View Post
"Could God microwave a burrito so hot that He Himself could not eat it?"
I think I just found one of my newest favorite quotes! LMFAO!!

Old 12-03-2008, 12:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xentech View Post
What are you talking about? My last couple of posts have been telling you that I don't wish to continue with this argument, why do YOU continue to try and argue with me? Call me a pussy all you want I don't care, it is you who is being immature and won't give it up.
OK xentech I want you to first find, & then quote from any one of my other posts where I called you that. I bet you won't find it.

I see I'm starting to piss you off, it's OK everyone possess anger -it's a natural thing. My main point to all this was to get you to see that 'Religion' must be lived to truly be understood. It's not wise to make pronouncements about a religion and not have walked the path yourself. It doesn't mean that you don't have it in you to walk it -just, I couldn't allow you to categorize Christianity (or religion) without challenge.

Like I stated earlier I'm not even Christian, but I do take The Covenant very seriously -it's what links all religions to the One and only Father. It's what really says that we're all human under God, and why we should not be waring over the different religions. Most of the major religions today were all born under the original Holy Covenant, which was relayed to who they now call Moses.

Old 12-03-2008, 04:04 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by krahmaan View Post
OK xentech I want you to first find, & then quote from any one of my other posts where I called you that. I bet you won't find it.

I see I'm starting to piss you off, it's OK everyone possess anger -it's a natural thing. My main point to all this was to get you to see that 'Religion' must be lived to truly be understood. It's not wise to make pronouncements about a religion and not have walked the path yourself. It doesn't mean that you don't have it in you to walk it -just, I couldn't allow you to categorize Christianity (or religion) without challenge.

Like I stated earlier I'm not even Christian, but I do take The Covenant very seriously -it's what links all religions to the One and only Father. It's what really says that we're all human under God, and why we should not be waring over the different religions. Most of the major religions today were all born under the original Holy Covenant, which was relayed to who they now call Moses.
You didn't call me a [removed], but you keep saying that I'm trying to run away from the 'battle'. If you were more mature you would have just ended the argument when I did, which was a couple of days ago. I'm not getting angry, this is just an internet forum which you appear to be getting carried away with. Grow up.

Old 12-03-2008, 04:09 PM
No Longer Active

Okay y'all, let's try to remember that one of the most important policies of this community is treating members with respect, even when ya disagree. Now behave yourselves before I make all y'all hug for 20 minutes!

http://www.v7n.com/forums/politics/6...uidelines.html

Old 12-03-2008, 04:10 PM
Contributing Member

To all involved:

You might want to take a minute to grab a drink, relax, and peer over the Politics rules. Please keep things factual - NOT personal.

EDIT: Damn you, Cricket.

Old 12-03-2008, 04:10 PM
No Longer Active

LMAO @ Laura! Do we share a brain?

Old 12-03-2008, 04:12 PM
Contributing Member

I can share more than that, baby. *nudge nudge*

Okay, Politics scares me. Off I go.

Old 12-03-2008, 04:21 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Club Crawler View Post
I see the point you are trying to make, but I dont agree...A religion is a concept, a belief system that is supposedly open to all to join. Ultimately it is the individuals choice to believe in whatever they want to, whether they are accepted by the group or not.

People on the other hand are more then capable of being racist and that is where racism enters into religion. The point you make about being born into an area where a certain religion is dominant and therefor is more likely to become your faith has some merit, but it is not definitive.
I never said it was definite, in fact that wasn't the point I was trying to make. I know not all people born under Christian parents are going to be Christians, but the people who ARE born into those family who DO turn Christian are going to hell because of that fact, according to a lot of people around the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Club Crawler View Post
In the end, I feel that all religions are man made and therefor have no real standing with a deity if one does exist.

I don't believe in any religion and I don't disavow them either, I simply practice the art of patience which enables me to wait and see when my time comes...or then again maybe I wont see a thing. either way I am here now and pretty stoked about that!
I don't know what is going to happen to me when I die (nobody does), so I just live life without that being an important factor in it. Although sometimes I think it is pointless to argue against religion, but I look around and I see roo many horrific things committed in the name of religion. Worse still, I can't stand lack of reason and logic

Old 12-03-2008, 05:03 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Although sometimes I think it is pointless to argue against religion, but I look around and I see roo many horrific things committed in the name of religion. Worse still, I can't stand lack of reason and logic
I hear you...here is a video by George Carlin, you have probably seen it, but if not you may like it

http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=casUr9UsabY

Old 12-03-2008, 10:21 PM
Contributing Member

Xentech: You're so wicked... these guys don't know what fire they're playing with.
*cough*
Here, I think I found this goat crossing your bridge...

Anyway, getting back on topic, I believe chicgeek and Cricket were about to either have a scagfight or smother each other in honey???

Old 12-04-2008, 02:37 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harveyj View Post
[b]Xentech[b]: You're so wicked... these guys don't know what fire they're playing with.
*cough*
Here, I think I found this goat crossing your bridge...

Anyway, getting back on topic, I believe chicgeek and Cricket were about to either have a scagfight or smother each other in honey???
I'm all for the latter

Old 12-04-2008, 02:38 AM
No Longer Active

It was chocolate, dang it!

Old 12-04-2008, 02:43 AM
Banned

Any religion is not more than a governing tool - despite of all religions are different they talk about the same thing - the way of the Sun.
Haven't you seen the Zeitgeist movie?

Old 12-04-2008, 02:47 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyan View Post
Any religion is not more than a governing tool - despite of all religions are different they talk about the same thing - the way of the Sun.
Haven't you seen the Zeitgeist movie?
I agree with you and yes I have seen that film, although referencing it is pointless because most of it has been debunked as untrue.

Old 12-04-2008, 06:02 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cricket View Post
It was chocolate, dang it!
Dark chocolate bodypaint. Yep.

Old 12-04-2008, 01:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
If you were more mature you would have just ended the argument when I did, which was a couple of days ago. I'm not getting angry, this is just an internet forum which you appear to be getting carried away with. Grow up.
Grow up -huh? I just gave you a big complement in my last post, and look how you're taking it. Makes me wonder which one really sounds more mature? Your insult to me, or my complement to you?

Quote:

Old 12-04-2008, 03:19 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Grow up -huh? I just gave you a big complement in my last post, and look how you're taking it. Makes me wonder which one really sounds more mature? Your insult to me, or my complement to you?
Point out the compliment, or don't you understand that word either.

Old 12-04-2008, 03:25 PM
v7n Mentor

Them's fighting words

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues