Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

Share |
Old 11-27-2008, 11:38 AM
Contributing Member

Angry Christianity Is RACIST

I thought of this quite awhile ago. I am online using Christianity as an example, this applies to almost all religions.

If you are a Christian that means you believe that people who are not Christians are going to hell. Well, you have to accept that it is only by sheer CHANCE that you were born in a western culture whereby Christianity is the main religion.

That means you also have to accept that by chance you could have been born in Iraq, and would therefore be a Muslim. According to Christianity this means you would go to hell, end of, no questions asked!

A Christian may argue "everyone has equal opportunity to discover the true God". Well no, they don't actually. People born in Muslim countries are generally indoctrinated from age 1 to believe in Allah. They have NO choice in the matter. They are not allowed to be a non Muslim, plain and simple.

So according to Christianity, by the sheer chance that they were born in a non-western country that means they are going to hell.

I also think that this is quite a good example of why religions are absolute BS. Most people only believe in *for example* Christianity because their parents do, so they must also accept that if they were born into a non Christian family and are unlikely to be Christian in that scenario that they would be GOING TO HELL. This goes against the very nature of their religion.

Either God is picking and choosing the people who go to hell or the world is damned unfair place.

Discuss.

Last edited by xentech; 11-27-2008 at 11:41 AM.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 11-27-2008, 01:53 PM
Super Moderator

Not all Christians believe that those of other faiths are going to hell.

Why in the world would Heaven be compared to a mansion with many rooms.

Old 11-27-2008, 02:06 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScriptMan View Post
Not all Christians believe that those of other faiths are going to hell.

Why in the world would Heaven be compared to a mansion with many rooms.
Christians who take what they want from the Bible aren't even Christians in my opinion. You can't say 'the bible is the word of god', but only THESE parts of the Bible, the parts I like! That's absolutely ridiculous. You either believe it is God's word or you don't, and if you don't you're not a Christian - and that means you're going to hell

And I have no idea what relevance the second part of your comment has.

Old 11-29-2008, 07:29 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScriptMan View Post
Heaven be compared to a mansion with many rooms.
That would John 14.2. I try to refrain from thumping the Bible but in this case I thought it the right thing to do.

More than enough people have died and continue to die because of intolerent fanatics who believe theirs is the only true religion. There is room in Heaven for all people of all faiths who practice their religion with malice towards none and a strict adherence to the tenets of their faith.

If you take the time to take an objective look at the six major religions you will find that for the most part they echo the same values of love one another and do unto others as you would like done unto you. Maybe each society had their own messenger from a common source??????

In the current world the radical Muslims, a small segment of that faith are making all Muslims look bad. The Christians had their turn at that during the Crusades.

Old 11-27-2008, 02:08 PM
v7n Mentor

what do religion and ethnic groups have to do with each others>? This is plain dumb!

Old 11-27-2008, 02:17 PM
Super Moderator

Scriptman is correct, not all christian faiths believe that one goes to hell.

And secondly, you mention a lot about this people going to hell thing. What one must remember, is that it is not up to Christians to decide who goes to heaven or hell (that is if people even go there) as this would mean that they are making Gods decisions for him and nobody has that power, not even Christians.

So if one tells you that you will go to hell, you can ask him "When did God step aside, give you the power to read ones heart and allow you to make his decisions for him?"

Also, Christians do not believe that people that have never had the chance to understand their faith will go to hell as how can one go to hell if one has never been given the chance?

Old 11-27-2008, 03:34 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sitetutor View Post
what do religion and ethnic groups have to do with each others>? This is plain dumb!
Hehe, I'm not being literal that Christianity is racist, it was a joke. I'm just trying to point out the fact that there belief is stupid, since it is not a persons fault whether he believes in Christianity or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G10 View Post
Scriptman is correct, not all christian faiths believe that one goes to hell.

And secondly, you mention a lot about this people going to hell thing. What one must remember, is that it is not up to Christians to decide who goes to heaven or hell (that is if people even go there) as this would mean that they are making Gods decisions for him and nobody has that power, not even Christians.

So if one tells you that you will go to hell, you can ask him "When did God step aside, give you the power to read ones heart and allow you to make his decisions for him?"
Read my second post. You cannot be a Christian and just take what you want from the religion. Christians these days only 'believe' the good parts of the Bible, you cannot do that - part of Christianity is that the Bible is the word of God, the whole religion is centered around the Bible. By picking and choosing parts of the Bible to believe based on what THEY think is right or wrong is going against there own God, like you say it is God's choice of what is right or wrong and he clearly states that in the Bible.

Quote:
Also, Christians do not believe that people that have never had the chance to understand their faith will go to hell as how can one go to hell if one has never been given the chance?
It says in the Bible that if you are not a Christian you will go to hell, simple as that.

Old 11-27-2008, 03:45 PM
Super Moderator

You do make a good point in that people pick and choose and I agree with you on that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xentech View Post
It says in the Bible that if you are not a Christian you will go to hell, simple as that.
I am not saying I know it all as I don't and am not religious but where does it say this?

Old 11-27-2008, 06:03 PM
v7n Mentor

Bible.org (I'm not sure what their affiliation is), has this page on hell in the Bible.

Though it seems a little indeterminate when taken as a whole, it does quote these passages:

(2) Hell will also punish the sin of those who reject Christ (Matthew 13:41,50; Revelation 20:11-15; 21:8 ).

Under "Erroneous views of Hell": (2) Universalism – All are eternally saved. Answer: It denies the truth of salvation through Christ which means that a person decides to either trust in Christ or else he/she rejects Christ and goes to hell (John 3:16;3:36).

Interesting page, but again I'm not sure about it's affiliations.

Old 11-28-2008, 02:02 AM
Banned

Quote:
Read my second post. You cannot be a Christian and just take what you want from the religion. Christians these days only 'believe' the good parts of the Bible, you cannot do that - part of Christianity is that the Bible is the word of God, the whole religion is centered around the Bible. By picking and choosing parts of the Bible to believe based on what THEY think is right or wrong is going against there own God, like you say it is God's choice of what is right or wrong and he clearly states that in the Bible.
I think that this whole thing about religion is not about 'racism' or being a 'racist' -far from it. Religion is not being taught right, that is where all the confusion and conflict is coming in. Real religion is and always will be pure, based on our inner ability to distinguish between right and wrong -then how we choose to use that ability. Available to be practiced by anyone from any part of the world, from which ever sect they were born. Most religions all have the same underlining principles that helped to define them. Like the first Holy Covenant. Some people saw them as the Ten Commandments. They were a simple set of rules, made by God and were part of one religion, before say Islam or Christianity ever began. Those religions came latter.

But the actual Covenant was the first three commandments actually. They say that it was the first two, or even the first, because the ways people listed the commandments differed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ten_Com...e_Commandments

But like I said, it's the way man is teaching this is how religion gets flawed or misunderstood. The greatest law and most holy commandment that existed then and even in the Christian's new covenant, and even in Islam's Al'-Faitha doctrine have the same law. Maybe not in the same words, buy with the same meaning.

"I am the Lord your God (there is only One God)." "Thou shall not worship any other gods or any graven images." "Thou shall not take thy Holy name in vain (love thy Father will all thy heart and soul above all other things of this physical earth)."

That's the actual law of the father. But when we think that another religion doesn't have that same law, well then in our error we think that religion wasn't written by the same Father. Or that the people will go to hell. Then threw out history, we lose what was really meant to be remembered by the children of Abraham (Us -all religions). And that becomes our new sin we must bare (pass along to our children) -along with the many other sin as we fight amongst ourselves.

You are right, live is very unfair. But that is why we all possess the gift to know deep down within if something is right or not. Then if we find it not to be right, then it is our responsibility to stand against it. Even if it's our own religions, or the people who 'accidentally' taught it to us in their error (because they were also taught wrong, but never had enough courage to rise above the lies).

Old 11-28-2008, 03:46 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Thanks for taking the time and helping me out there Ed, much appreciated

Though I must admit, some of those scriptures dont even mention hell as in going there etc.

Here a number of people are already dead and in Hades, obviously as it says, they have not been judged yet and it is figuratively speaking as it says that even death and hades were thrown into the lake of fire.
Though again it talks about the second death, it is figuratively speaking as one can tell by reading the verses before and after.

This said, the original point made was that all non-christians etc will go to hell and again, it does not say this.
Basically saying that all wickedness is going to be wiped out.

I am not denying that there isn't a hell/hades/sheol but what I am saying is that Christians have no ground to stand on so as to decide who goes to one place or another because as some of those scriptures say, this decision is made later on anyway and NOT by them.

That is just my basic take on what I read up there.
I admit I am not 100% certain the Bible says this, but if it doesn't I have been heavily misinformed by certain Christian people I have asked about this. Even if they don't believe that, many religions do and I am just trying to make the point that religion is contradictory and hypocritical in so many ways so I don't see how anyone could accept it as the word of God.

Some Christians these days do actually admit that not everything in the Bible is true and that it is not the word of God, but that is part of Christianity and I think if you think like that you are simply somebody who believes in God and just uses Christianity as a way of life taking from it what you want kidding yourself that you believe in those things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krahmaan View Post
I think that this whole thing about religion is not about 'racism' or being a 'racist' -far from it. Religion is not being taught right, that is where all the confusion and conflict is coming in. Real religion is and always will be pure, based on our inner ability to distinguish between right and wrong -then how we choose to use that ability. Available to be practiced by anyone from any part of the world, from which ever sect they were born. Most religions all have the same underlining principles that helped to define them. Like the first Holy Covenant. Some people saw them as the Ten Commandments. They were a simple set of rules, made by God and were part of one religion, before say Islam or Christianity ever began. Those religions came latter.

But the actual Covenant was the first three commandments actually. They say that it was the first two, or even the first, because the ways people listed the commandments differed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ten_Com...e_Commandments

But like I said, it's the way man is teaching this is how religion gets flawed or misunderstood. The greatest law and most holy commandment that existed then and even in the Christian's new covenant, and even in Islam's Al'-Faitha doctrine have the same law. Maybe not in the same words, buy with the same meaning.

"I am the Lord your God (there is only One God)." "Thou shall not worship any other gods or any graven images." "Thou shall not take thy Holy name in vain (love thy Father will all thy heart and soul above all other things of this physical earth)."

That's the actual law of the father. But when we think that another religion doesn't have that same law, well then in our error we think that religion wasn't written by the same Father. Or that the people will go to hell. Then threw out history, we lose what was really meant to be remembered by the children of Abraham (Us -all religions). And that becomes our new sin we must bare (pass along to our children) -along with the many other sin as we fight amongst ourselves.

You are right, live is very unfair. But that is why we all possess the gift to know deep down within if something is right or not. Then if we find it not to be right, then it is our responsibility to stand against it. Even if it's our own religions, or the people who 'accidentally' taught it to us in their error (because they were also taught wrong, but never had enough courage to rise above the lies).
I disagree. I think the whole point of religion is that people do not decide what is wrong (except of course throughout history people have misused that to try to control people). Humans as a specie require authority, that is why government and religion have naturally occurred.

After all, no one really has authority to say what is right or wrong, objective morality does not exist. Christians believe that objective morality does exist and the one who decides it is God, but even that concept is subjective because hundreds of religions all around the world believe that their God accepts and doesn't accept different things.

If you're a modern Christian and you believe that God is the one who knows true morality, then why do so many of you now accept homosexuality? Because according to the Bible God certainly doesn't condone that.

Old 11-28-2008, 03:46 AM
Contributing Member

xentech I don't believe that if you are not Christian then you'll go to hell how about our muslim, buddhist brothers and sisters. Where they'll go?

Whatever his religion might be who are we to judge if he is going to hell or not? We didn't even know his/her relationship with God. Our relationship with God is personal, it's up to us on how we recognize the presence of God in our lives.

Old 11-29-2008, 09:03 PM
Contributing Member

Maybe they think there going to hell but that don't mean there racist. Maybe look up the definition of racist...?

Old 11-29-2008, 09:35 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
But yes, obviously morality can exist without religion. I have morals and I am not religious by any means.
Yes, morality exists outside of religion. As does immorality. But both reside in religion as well...

Old 11-30-2008, 05:43 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FocalPoint View Post
Yes, morality exists outside of religion. As does immorality. But both reside in religion as well...
And what point are you trying to make? I already know this, I never said otherwise.

Old 12-02-2008, 04:32 AM

Quote:
I thought of this quite awhile ago. I am online using Christianity as an example, this applies to almost all religions.

If you are a Christian that means you believe that people who are not Christians are going to hell. Well, you have to accept that it is only by sheer CHANCE that you were born in a western culture whereby Christianity is the main religion.

That means you also have to accept that by chance you could have been born in Iraq, and would therefore be a Muslim. According to Christianity this means you would go to hell, end of, no questions asked!

A Christian may argue "everyone has equal opportunity to discover the true God". Well no, they don't actually. People born in Muslim countries are generally indoctrinated from age 1 to believe in Allah. They have NO choice in the matter. They are not allowed to be a non Muslim, plain and simple.

So according to Christianity, by the sheer chance that they were born in a non-western country that means they are going to hell.

I also think that this is quite a good example of why religions are absolute BS. Most people only believe in *for example* Christianity because their parents do, so they must also accept that if they were born into a non Christian family and are unlikely to be Christian in that scenario that they would be GOING TO HELL. This goes against the very nature of their religion.

Either God is picking and choosing the people who go to hell or the world is damned unfair place.

Discuss.
Good point.

I think that humans only taint the idea of belief through their attempts to define it.

Old 12-02-2008, 06:01 AM
Contributing Member

I love God and all people too Becouse God says I'm every people so measn love ot man elove to God

Old 12-02-2008, 01:18 PM
v7n Mentor

Well, I'm not a religious man .... but there was a girl in philadelphia that made me say Jesus Christ 3 times

Old 12-03-2008, 06:30 AM
v7n Mentor

"Could God microwave a burrito so hot that He Himself could not eat it?"

Old 12-03-2008, 09:48 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkfluffybunny View Post
"Could God microwave a burrito so hot that He Himself could not eat it?"
I think I just found one of my newest favorite quotes! LMFAO!!

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues