Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 11-30-2008, 05:46 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Why do YOU think God exists?

Just a question to all believers. I want you to tell me exactly why you believe God exists without saying 'I just know'; because millions of other people around the world say exactly the same thing and guess what, they believe in a different God to you!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 11-30-2008, 05:50 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

I'm am contentedly ignorant, that is, Agnostic.

I don't believe we can ever know for sure while living whether there is a god or gods or not. Do not mistake Agnosticism for Atheism, though.
laurakishimoto.com

Old 11-30-2008, 05:54 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicgeek View Post
I'm am contentedly ignorant, that is, Agnostic.

I don't believe we can ever know for sure while living whether there is a god or gods or not. Do not mistake Agnosticism for Atheism, though.
Don't worry I know was Agnosticism is. Personally I believe the idea of God to be feasible, but my idea of what God could be is quite a bit different to most peoples interpretation I think (he sure as hell didn't create the universe). However, I don't sit on the fence because I simply have no reason to believe in God. Nothing I have seen or heard in my life has yet to give me a reason to believe he could be real.

Old 11-30-2008, 06:03 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Oh my god, I accidentally posted in Politics. I'll... be going now.

(This place scares me.)
laurakishimoto.com

Old 11-30-2008, 06:23 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicgeek View Post
Oh my god, I accidentally posted in Politics. I'll... be going now.

(This place scares me.)
Bye!

Old 11-30-2008, 06:23 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

I came to the conclusion using science

1, Evolution
2, Creation
3, Spaghetti Monster - (yes, this is a real option)

Science agree that 0 + 0 = 0 and yet they use a form of physics and have to twist formulas so that 0 + 0 = 2 as you need at least 2 particles (or whatever one chooses to call them) so as to make the bing bang theory.

I am not one to tey to hold onto my beliefs just because I think I am right as by doing this, I would only be kidding myself in the end.

I did believe more in the bing bang evolutionary theory a lot more as I for one could not see a way of something (call it god if you will) always existing, this seemed ridiculous and impossible as time surely could not allow for this as it goes against all we know and understand.

After spending some time and reading books by Stephen Hawking (A Brief History Of Time is a good place to start) I began to see that there was actually a way for something to always have been in existance.

As you know he is a scientist and does not like to get involved within the discussions of "Is there a God or not" but it helped me and answered a few questions that always puzzled me to do with time and the like.

If I were to answer this question based purely on religious thinkings (and I do not follow any faith or religion btw) then that would not be good enough for me as one needs to look at both angles before trying to answer this to themselves otherwise ones conclusion will be biased, as many are.

Some people accept science (bing bang theory) after their studies, I myself came to the conclusion that THAT is even more far fetched than God. This is just my conclusion though

Old 11-30-2008, 03:30 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by G10 View Post
I came to the conclusion using science

1, Evolution
2, Creation
3, Spaghetti Monster - (yes, this is a real option)

Science agree that 0 + 0 = 0 and yet they use a form of physics and have to twist formulas so that 0 + 0 = 2 as you need at least 2 particles (or whatever one chooses to call them) so as to make the bing bang theory.

I am not one to tey to hold onto my beliefs just because I think I am right as by doing this, I would only be kidding myself in the end.

I did believe more in the bing bang evolutionary theory a lot more as I for one could not see a way of something (call it god if you will) always existing, this seemed ridiculous and impossible as time surely could not allow for this as it goes against all we know and understand.

After spending some time and reading books by Stephen Hawking (A Brief History Of Time is a good place to start) I began to see that there was actually a way for something to always have been in existance.

As you know he is a scientist and does not like to get involved within the discussions of "Is there a God or not" but it helped me and answered a few questions that always puzzled me to do with time and the like.

If I were to answer this question based purely on religious thinkings (and I do not follow any faith or religion btw) then that would not be good enough for me as one needs to look at both angles before trying to answer this to themselves otherwise ones conclusion will be biased, as many are.

Some people accept science (bing bang theory) after their studies, I myself came to the conclusion that THAT is even more far fetched than God. This is just my conclusion though
I always thought that it was completely illogical to think that time has a beginning and an end, I've always thought it made more sense that things have always existed.

I don't necessarily believe in the big bang theory, I'm undecided on that. However, although I do think there could be an eternal God I am completely decided that he did not create the universe.

Old 11-30-2008, 09:53 PM
Banned

it is depends on ur feeling how u take it !

Old 11-30-2008, 10:15 PM

its depends on ppl. who believe on god or not

Old 11-30-2008, 10:52 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
Welcome to FeedBurner

Lightbulb

For me god is a power which handles the universe , it has no face. It has no shape no size.

Old 12-02-2008, 10:54 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

G10: The big bang theory and evolution have about as much to do with each other as the price of bubblegum and your tax return.
Sure, they're both things that involve money, but they're totally unrelated.
It's the same with the Big Bang and Evolution. Just because they're "science" doesn't mean that they're related... More to the point, one is theoretical astro and quantum physics, the other is biology...
Furthermore, evolution has NEVER been used as an explanation for abiogenesis by actual biological scientists, and it's only been fairly recently that science actually come to understand how life was formed from non-living matter in the first place.

Old 12-03-2008, 05:16 PM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

"If there is no God, who pops up the next Kleenex?"

Old 12-03-2008, 07:30 PM
Contributing Member

Because I was raised in believing that there is God and every time I pray hard he gave me what I prayed. If I believe to other things like paranormal why I wont believe that theres God.

Old 12-04-2008, 02:40 AM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

I think that our world is tooooo complicated to be a result of accidental chemical reaction. The DNA, the synthesis of proteins, the biogeocenosis in nature - everything is made with certain function and is ideal for its fulfilment, creates environment, the Earth is on ideal distance from the Sun to enable life genesis, - everything in the universe is very complicated, what is could only made by something with the corresponding opportunities and abilities.

However, I do not believe in christianity or other monotheist cult, as religion is the tool of ruling the people.

Old 12-04-2008, 03:38 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyan View Post
I think that our world is tooooo complicated to be a result of accidental chemical reaction. The DNA, the synthesis of proteins, the biogeocenosis in nature - everything is made with certain function and is ideal for its fulfilment, creates environment, the Earth is on ideal distance from the Sun to enable life genesis, - everything in the universe is very complicated, what is could only made by something with the corresponding opportunities and abilities.

However, I do not believe in christianity or other monotheist cult, as religion is the tool of ruling the people.
I have a couple of problems with your argument, first of all the thing about the Earth being the exact ideal distance from the Sun, this fact is insignificant. If you're looking at it as though we were created by chance, you must consider that there is estimated to be millions of billions of planets in the universe. If the chance of life developing on a planet was one in 1 in every billion, you would still have millions of instances of life in the universe.

This is one of the problems I have with the whole God theory, people think that we're the only important things in the Universe, because humans are close minded. When you take into account that our planet accounts for about 0.000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% of the size of the universe, we are insignificant. If God was so focused around our lives and our nice little planet, why would he even bother creating the other trillions of planets and stars?

My second problem is that you're saying that the universe is so complex that only something of equal or greater complexity could have created it, which is the worst argument at all. If that was the case then you must also apply the same logic to God, if God was so complex that he could create a universe this complex, then by your logic another higher God must have created the God who supposedly created this universe.

Old 12-04-2008, 05:08 AM
No Longer Active
Latest Blog:
None

Old 12-04-2008, 10:41 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

There is a very simple way to look at this logically. Just take a look at all the physical laws of this universe. I mean every thing in this universe has some kind of order or structure to it all the way down to the atomic level and forces that hold atoms together and forces that can split them apart.

If you believe that these forces came together by random chance then you also believe that elephants can fly. Order is the proof that some kind of super force exists that created these laws. Its impossible for order to come from chaos or random chance.

Old 12-04-2008, 11:21 PM
Contributing Member

No one is going to be convinced otherwise from what they believe, but for me, "the proof is in the pudding" - as has been brought up already, look around you; there is absolutely no way this all could have happened "by chance." Just like you just can't take a bunch of components (various metals, plastics, and whatnot) and place them in a pile, or shake them up, or do whatever you'd like with them - there is absolutely ZERO chance of them forming themselves into a working computer. For starters, there are a lot of steps involved for making the individual components; but even to have the completed components together in a pile, you just can't place them haphazardly into a case and call it a computer. It takes a large number of engineers to design the parts, and similarly, it takes a lot of planning to make absolutely anything at all (buildings, cars...) - so why would the entire universe require any less than that?

Old 12-05-2008, 04:15 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by backgammonnn123 View Post
There is a very simple way to look at this logically. Just take a look at all the physical laws of this universe. I mean every thing in this universe has some kind of order or structure to it all the way down to the atomic level and forces that hold atoms together and forces that can split them apart.

If you believe that these forces came together by random chance then you also believe that elephants can fly. Order is the proof that some kind of super force exists that created these laws. Its impossible for order to come from chaos or random chance.
For starters, I have never seen anybody say it is down to random chance except creationists when trying to argue against people who aren't creationists.

Secondly, what chaos do you speak of? 'Order to come from chaos', descibe this chaos.

Thirdly, if the technicalities of the universe are what make you believe that a super power created the universe then don't the technicalities of the super power lead you to believe that the super power must have been created by a super power?

Old 12-05-2008, 04:18 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGCustoms View Post
No one is going to be convinced otherwise from what they believe, but for me, "the proof is in the pudding" - as has been brought up already, look around you; there is absolutely no way this all could have happened "by chance." Just like you just can't take a bunch of components (various metals, plastics, and whatnot) and place them in a pile, or shake them up, or do whatever you'd like with them - there is absolutely ZERO chance of them forming themselves into a working computer. For starters, there are a lot of steps involved for making the individual components; but even to have the completed components together in a pile, you just can't place them haphazardly into a case and call it a computer. It takes a large number of engineers to design the parts, and similarly, it takes a lot of planning to make absolutely anything at all (buildings, cars...) - so why would the entire universe require any less than that?
See above post. Where is your God and where was he before he created the Universe?

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues