Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

Share |
Old 01-12-2009, 09:37 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferre View Post
Ah, more worldnutdaily conspiracies.

Why are you open to ideas about government insiders having possible knowledge of or involvement in terrorist activities but consider someone a nutjob for thinking they'd lie about global warming?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 01-12-2009, 11:53 PM
Contributing Member

Global warming is true but no one really know whats the reason why this is happening. Is it natural or effect of what people do on our planet.

Old 01-13-2009, 04:28 AM
No Longer Active

Quote:
Originally Posted by South View Post
Why are you open to ideas about government insiders having possible knowledge of or involvement in terrorist activities but consider someone a nutjob for thinking they'd lie about global warming?
Because I am open to research any idea that is supported by evidence.

Maybe you should read my posts in this topic, you might discover that I have the same doubts about the motives of some of the players in the global warming scene as many of the global warming deniers, with the difference that I do not doubt the scientific data but do notice that this environmental issue is being hijacked by industries and individuals who attempt to use it as a carrier for their own ideas to make profit from it.

I think that the carbon tax and carbon trade are scams, pollution is very real and a serious problem but the "solutions" as promoted by politicians are mostly corrupted by special interests.

We have two major problems on this earth, one is a a level of pollution which becomes dangerous for our own future and the other is a level of political corruption to a point where political solutions for problems become counter productive.

The war on drugs has been proven to be more hazardous for general health and society than the drugs itself while industries are pocketing billions in tax money to fight this war, the same goes for the war on terror, it has proven to cause more terrorism and more fear with the general public, not to mention the costs for the general public in losses of civil rights, while the same industries are pocketing billions of tax money for their gadgets to spy on us. I'm pretty sure that the political solution for the pollution problem will be in the same lines, it will cause more problems while the same old industries are going to pocket billions of tax money.

Old 01-14-2009, 06:06 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley27 View Post
Global warming is true but no one really know whats the reason why this is happening. Is it natural or effect of what people do on our planet.
I wouldn't say no one knows. I know, and millions of others know it's a scam. The only ones that don't know are the ones duped by the hoax.

CO2 levels have been as high as 7000 parts per million and did not affect temperature, but did affect life - in a good way. Right now co2 levels are in the range of the lowest ever 365 ppm, and even if we tried we couldn't affect the weather by adding CO2 to the atmosphere.

http://www.americanthinker.com/2009/...bal_warmi.html

Old 01-14-2009, 06:37 AM
No Longer Active

Can you also produce the same nice graphics on N0X - nitric oxide (N0) and nitrogen dioxide (N02), N20 - nitrous oxide, Sulfur and chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs), Chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs) some of which are human-caused pollutants to our environment and also count for the greenhouse effect?

Knowing a bit of chemistry I am very well aware of the damaging effects of those chemicals on our environment and having read some of the reports in science magazines I also know that it is a combination of Chlorofluorocarbons and Carbon Dioxide which actually does most of the damage to the atmosphere.

Also, please be aware that the greenhouse effect/global warming is not the only concern, this pollution also causes damage to the gene structure of plants, animals and humans, for me personally that's something to worry much more about than the weather.

Old 01-14-2009, 07:09 AM
Contributing Member

They may all count towards greenhouse gasses, but barely add up to the width of the line on a pie chart. By far the worst greenhouse gas is water vapor, and then plants and animals.

Since cfc/ozone depletion has been brought up a couple of times in this thread, and I have ignored it, let me just state - that too is a myth. There is no correlation, never has been. Just another pre-global warming scare tactic that arose coincidentally - just as patents on cfc containing refrigerants were about to expire.

Last edited by pgzn; 01-14-2009 at 07:24 AM.

Old 01-14-2009, 07:25 AM
No Longer Active

What about the effects of Chlorofluorocarbons on human genes, respiratory and cardiac functions etc? Do you have nice graphics on these too?

Old 01-14-2009, 07:40 AM
Contributing Member

No, but humans aleady have something like 4000 gene defects, an average of 50 per person. And no one knows why. I have my suspicions why humans have gene defects and every other animal on the planet is more or less stable, but that's a whole other thread.

What I suspect:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jvd7k9slUY
At the two minute mark

Old 01-14-2009, 08:23 AM
No Longer Active

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgzn View Post
No, but humans aleady have something like 4000 gene defects, an average of 50 per person. And no one knows why. I have my suspicions why humans have gene defects and every other animal on the planet is more or less stable, but that's a whole other thread.

What I suspect:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jvd7k9slUY
At the two minute mark
Lloyd Pye. C'mon, you are just joking right?

Old 01-14-2009, 08:33 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sitetutor View Post
Obama has already started misstating things, and it becomes more than obvious that global warming is going to play a major factor in scarring the public into getting certain bills passed.
I laughed my a$$ off. Even if he is "misstating" the scientific facts, and emprical data explicitly showing that there is global warming, you should be THANKFUL that he is at least not "misstaing" facts on more serious subjects such as the existence of weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, an Al-qaeda and Saddam link, etc. like your fellow Republican outgoing president did.

Yeah, he is going to use global warming to infringe on your rights such as listening on your domestic phone calls to see if you are recycling or not, or shopping locally from your local producers to reduce green house emissions.

Old 01-14-2009, 09:00 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferre View Post
Lloyd Pye. C'mon, you are just joking right?
You asked, you got an answer. Just as plausible, if not more plausible than some cfc parts per trillion nonsense.

The thing about libs is - they always blame humans, without a single shred of evidence. Sometimes they can come up with a convincing lie, but eventually it gets debunked. By then, they have two more lies in the bullpen.

Does 700 parts per trillion affect genes - I'd have to say not a chance in hell. If it did, people at the factories making the stuff would be having little elephant man kids 100% of the time. They're not.

[Edit]

Last edited by StrongInTheArm; 01-14-2009 at 03:48 PM. Reason: Personal insult and not using attachments.

Old 01-14-2009, 03:59 PM

The politics sub-forum is an adults play ground, but please be careful with personal insults. They can get out of hand very quickly. I remind you all to familiarise yourselves with the rules governing the politics sub-forum, particularly rules one and six.

Arguments can be made equally well without personal insults and generally carry more weight. A friendly dig in the ribs is one thing, but if all you have are insults, then you pretty much have lost the argument already.

This is supposed to be a place where 'friends' can meet and discuss points of interest. Let us keep it friendly, or if you can not manage that, then at least professional.

Old 01-15-2009, 03:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dWhite View Post
Co2 isn't the main cause of global warming. CFC's play a major part, as they eat the ozone layer alive. Another cause is your individual carbon footprint.

I'm not against Co2, the plant life needs it to live and we need the plant life to live.
Yeah indeed.they feed us and we feed them off. But i think majority changes in our environment is big factored by global warming.

Old 01-15-2009, 07:24 PM
Contributing Member

We claim to be the world powers, but what about when the Earth shakes?

Old 01-16-2009, 11:35 AM
Contributing Member

It's obvious we need to stop polluting our world. However we need to priorities. First step should be to stop the wars and feed everyone. Second step is to have global political, economic co operation. Then we can start really working on protecting the environment, though it should be bourne in mind at the second step. Unfortunately, we allow to many dictators and super elites to control what happens. There may be a couple of thousand super elites, very rich and influential people at any one time, and if they are not brought together to start bring justice to the world, then we will continue to fight, and observe the fights

Old 01-16-2009, 11:54 AM
No Longer Active

In most civilized countries which have no wars to fight and no problems feeding their population this process of limiting pollution has already started more than two decades ago and they cooperate rather well via international platforms for this very corporation like the UN and EU.

Even China is slowly starting to regulate emission levels for their industries, it's not that "we" have to sort out "our" priorities, the truth is that it are only a handful of countries that still need to do that.

Many African nations for example still need to figure out how to feed their population but those countries usually do not attribute to global pollution simply because they do not have the polluting industries.

Old 01-16-2009, 12:13 PM
Contributing Member

I beg to differ. (surprise )

China is the most polluting country on the planet next to Russia.

In terms of co2 emmisions, Indonesian peat fires contribute an estimated 13-40% of all worldwide co2 emissions annually. cite

I never hear Al Gore speak of the urgency of stopping the actual polluters of the world. But that fits the template of a self loathing liberal, so no surprise there.

Quote:

A list of countries and their carbon dioxide emissions due to consumption of fossil fuels is available from the U.S. government. If we look at that data and compare 2004 (latest year for which data is available) to 1997 (last year before the Kyoto treaty was signed), we find the following.

Emissions worldwide increased 18.0%.
Emissions from countries that signed the treaty increased 21.1%.
Emissions from non-signers increased 10.0%.
Emissions from the U.S. increased 6.6%.
In fact, emissions from the U.S. grew slower than those of over 75% of the countries that signed Kyoto. Below are the growth rates of carbon dioxide emissions, from 1997 to 2004, for a few selected countries, all Kyoto signers. (Remember, the comparative number for the U.S. is 6.6%.)

Maldives, 252%.
Sudan, 142%.
China, 55%.
Luxembourg, 43%
Iran, 39%.
Iceland, 29%.
Norway, 24%.
Russia, 16%.
Italy, 16%.
Finland, 15%.
Mexico, 11%.
Japan, 11%.
Canada, 8.8%.
http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/..._schmyoto.html

Last edited by pgzn; 01-16-2009 at 12:17 PM.

Old 01-16-2009, 12:20 PM
Contributing Member

I just clicked that canibis site. I will probably register later and vote in favour. Its got to be better than boozing, though never had it myself. Does canibis not make a person uncaring about the problems around him?

Old 01-16-2009, 02:04 PM
Contributing Member

I don't think the the Global Warming theory is caused by CO2. There seams to be a much more simpler possibility. I don't hear about people looking into the possibility that it could be cause by the tested and deployment of Atomic weapons.

If you remember many scientists warned before the first ones where set off that it would burn up the atmosphere. Of course some of them went as far to say if we set off anyone of them it would burn the hole atmosphere up. Obviously that has not happened but I don't think it should be over looked that there may have been some drastic effects from testing and setting off atomic weapons. As well as the fact that one was set off in the atmosphere just to see what would happen.

It seams more likely that something like this is the cause rather than CO2. If CO2 where an increasing issue one solution could be to plant more trees as they use and "breath" CO2 and give off O2. We should also naturally see an increase in the tree population if the CO2 is increasing in the air on the planet. But I'm not aware of any study that shows this either way. Does anyone know of one?

Old 01-16-2009, 04:02 PM
SEO Fanatic

All those graphs are just to make polluters feel better and not create a recession in those tough economic times.

It's obvious that we pollute too much, cut way too many trees every day.

Even if it wasn't for "earth is at risk" reasons, wouldn't be nice to live on a green planet?

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues