Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
  #41  
Old 02-09-2009, 09:05 AM
krahmaan krahmaan is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: 08-24-07
Location: LA County, California
Posts: 1,987
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by juliensimon View Post
Dumbest President?
Harry S. Truman

Why?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atomic_...a_and_Nagasaki
 
Reply With Quote

Advertisement

Advertisement

  #42  
Old 02-09-2009, 04:55 PM
juliensimon's Avatar
juliensimon juliensimon is offline
SEO Fanatic
 
Join Date: 08-29-08
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 5,388
iTrader: 1 / 100%
I'll give you this one.
 
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 02-10-2009, 04:49 AM
chicgeek's Avatar
chicgeek chicgeek is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 08-19-04
Location: Yorkshire
Posts: 14,188
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Comic relief, but true nonetheless:

The only way I remember the name of the flaming cheese appetizer at Greek restaurants is recalling the names of the two bombed cities in Japan, and switching around letters...
 
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 02-10-2009, 05:02 AM
OpenScribes OpenScribes is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: 01-04-08
Posts: 24
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Hindsight is 20/20 for many. It is a tough task to objectively contrast what you have directly experienced with what you learn from the accounts of others passed on over the generations. Modern opinion of Dubya will inevitably focus on the negatives (Gitmo, Abu Ghirab, Afghanistan, "Working hard to put food on your family", destruction of the global economy, etc.) But a historical perspective given 100 years from now might cast his legacy in a more favorable light.
 
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 02-11-2009, 02:30 AM
krahmaan krahmaan is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: 08-24-07
Location: LA County, California
Posts: 1,987
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicgeek View Post
What is that? A Greek grilled cheese sandwich or something?
Looks tasty! Now look what you did -I'm hungry again.
 
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 02-11-2009, 09:14 AM
FocalPoint's Avatar
FocalPoint FocalPoint is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 10-26-08
Posts: 381
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenScribes View Post
Hindsight is 20/20 for many. It is a tough task to objectively contrast what you have directly experienced with what you learn from the accounts of others passed on over the generations. Modern opinion of Dubya will inevitably focus on the negatives (Gitmo, Abu Ghirab, Afghanistan, "Working hard to put food on your family", destruction of the global economy, etc.) But a historical perspective given 100 years from now might cast his legacy in a more favorable light.
Not likely...too many video clips, books. films, etc that document him. I feel certain that a hundred years from today, "W" will still stand as the symbol of what never to elect again....
 
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 02-11-2009, 09:16 AM
FocalPoint's Avatar
FocalPoint FocalPoint is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 10-26-08
Posts: 381
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by krahmaan View Post
I don't see this as acts of stupidity, but as acts with unprecedented moral implications....at least the calculation was correct...it ended the war...
 
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 02-12-2009, 04:06 AM
OpenScribes OpenScribes is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: 01-04-08
Posts: 24
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by FocalPoint View Post
Not likely...too many video clips, books. films, etc that document him. I feel certain that a hundred years from today, "W" will still stand as the symbol of what never to elect again....
That, my friend, will be more likely determined by what happens in the intervening years, and not present sentiment.
 
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 02-12-2009, 05:40 AM
WhatsLeft WhatsLeft is offline
No Longer Active
 
Join Date: 12-27-08
Posts: 150
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Obama has only been president for three weeks, but he certainly is on track for being absolutely the dumbest.

He began with having a prayer said at his inauguration that asked God to have white people learn what is right.

He pushed for bi-partisanship by visiting Republican members of Congress and telling them not to listen to Rush Limbaugh.

He constantly bashes Republican leaders in speeches and notes Bush may have to be prosecuted for being a criminal, (not following Bush's example of moving away from the focus of the nation on Clinton's apparent criminal behavior by pardoning him).

He indicated he wants talks with Iran, and they responded that he must take out our troops from Iraq and Afghanistan and apologize for our criminal behavior as preconditions. Then, they merely say they will have talks if we show respect. For what? -- the position that the holocaust never happened?

He proposes a huge increase in public debt to accomplish social policies when economic stimulus in needed.

He is trying to take control of the US Census in 2010, apparently to eliminate the Republican Party.

Actually the list is even longer -- like his nominations for cabinet appointments is a list in itself. I'm in a state of shock that the United States of America can have a president this outright dumb. But it is early yet and he is a novice -- a community organizer. Maybe, he can learn something in the near future and act a little brighter. He called for hope in running for office, but so far he has shown only fear, anger, and frustration. Maybe, if he can just get over his emotions.

Last edited by WhatsLeft; 02-12-2009 at 05:48 AM. Reason: Correct names of countries
 
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 02-12-2009, 09:27 AM
South's Avatar
South South is offline
v7n Mentor
 
Join Date: 10-13-03
Posts: 2,489
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Depends. I believe that in a position such as the presidency, wisdom counts 5 to 1 over raw IQ. Case in point...Bill Clinton. He was extremely intelligent, but suffered from such a lack of wisdom that it hindered his ability to lead.

So from that viewpoint

Worst overall president in history is Carter.

Most irreversible constitutional damage done by a president goes to Lincoln.

Greatest incompetency displayed in the shortest period of time goes to Obama.
 
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 02-12-2009, 09:39 AM
South's Avatar
South South is offline
v7n Mentor
 
Join Date: 10-13-03
Posts: 2,489
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatsLeft View Post
Obama has only been president for three weeks, but he certainly is on track for being absolutely the dumbest.

He began with having a prayer said at his inauguration that asked God to have white people learn w...(clipped for length).... if he can just get over his emotions.
You know, I just have to smile and shake my head over this. We knew even during the election that Obama was being elected primarily by people who've never turned on the news. He's a celebrity president elected exclusively on skin color, star power, and the content of his coolness.

Those smart enough to understand the mistake they've made now that they see him in action are so invested in him that they have to stammer through excuses for it, and the others are still watching Jackass reruns wondering when they get the free house and car Obama is supposed to give them.

We've got to suck it up. We let America get dumbed down enough to elect him. We've got two years til we can take his magic wand away. Til then, there's nothing to do but watch the comedy of it all and get ready to clean it up in 2010.
 
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 02-12-2009, 01:26 PM
krahmaan krahmaan is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: 08-24-07
Location: LA County, California
Posts: 1,987
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Post

I found this older blog post about "Impeaching Obama".

It has some good content regarding the issue. But I found out that the most interesting content there were the comments made to the post. Some of them are very clear, good and intelligent comments. But it's hilarious the biases some other people harbor. I think that they should grow up and move on.

I mean, really!

What's done has been done. Time to man up and get on with our lives.

http://wwwwakeupamericans-spree.blog...sprouting.html
 
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 02-12-2009, 03:09 PM
paypal alternatives paypal alternatives is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: 01-23-09
Posts: 10
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Tony Blair
George Bush controlled him like a pet dog!
 
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 02-12-2009, 06:41 PM
Harveyj's Avatar
Harveyj Harveyj is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 06-03-08
Location: Sydney
Posts: 418
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Except that Blair can't be a dumbest president on the basis that he wasn't a president.
He was a prime minister. Which are actually very different things.
 
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 02-13-2009, 05:20 AM
WhatsLeft WhatsLeft is offline
No Longer Active
 
Join Date: 12-27-08
Posts: 150
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by South View Post
Til then, there's nothing to do but watch the comedy of it all and get ready to clean it up in 2010.
I just don't know. It's not looking like hope at all. He has refused a troop surge in Afghaninstan -- so far. He wants to get out of Iraq fast. He's selling aircraft spare parts to the Syrians. He's letting Iran play him on talks. This man simply is clueless on Islam, and we live in a day, when that is a major mistake. Clueless?? No, it's more delusion. One has to read the Koran and understand how the recreation of Israel led to a return to literal interpretation of that book to understand what is going on with Islam and how to deal with it. Obama just cannot comprehend -- his mind is in the clouds, and that could lead to a lot of dead bodies... a lot.

Then, while he wants to take over the census, the "Fairness Doctrine" is being reconsidered. Obama campaigned he would not reconsider it, if elected, but apparently he is rethinking that. What is the Fairness Doctrine? It takes free speech away from Republicans on the radio. And it appears he wants to use the Census to gerrymander the Republicans out of existence. Where's the hope? Hope for what? This is actually scary.

His stimulus plan appears to be a disaster in the making. Where's the hope? The plan makes people afraid.

My point is, we may be in for much bigger trouble than we realize. It's hard to imagine the full extent of damage he could be creating. His audacity of hope could soon lead us into hopelessness.
 
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 02-13-2009, 01:55 PM
pgzn pgzn is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 05-27-08
Location: Ohio
Posts: 246
iTrader: 0 / 0%
It's already there. The bubble is bursting as we speak. Get a gun, and stock up on food.
 
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 02-14-2009, 12:49 AM
gekiranger's Avatar
gekiranger gekiranger is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: 02-13-09
Posts: 11
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by krahmaan View Post


That's a good reason. But in terms of 'dumbest' I think I'd have to say Bush. If I wanted to say more about him I'd have to censor myself..
 
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 02-14-2009, 12:54 AM
ad2310 ad2310 is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 01-03-09
Posts: 75
iTrader: 1 / 100%
I'm going to vote for George W. Bush
 
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 02-14-2009, 01:05 AM
gekiranger's Avatar
gekiranger gekiranger is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: 02-13-09
Posts: 11
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatsLeft View Post
I just don't know. It's not looking like hope at all. He has refused a troop surge in Afghaninstan -- so far. He wants to get out of Iraq fast. He's selling aircraft spare parts to the Syrians. He's letting Iran play him on talks. This man simply is clueless on Islam, and we live in a day, when that is a major mistake. Clueless?? No, it's more delusion. One has to read the Koran and understand how the recreation of Israel led to a return to literal interpretation of that book to understand what is going on with Islam and how to deal with it. Obama just cannot comprehend -- his mind is in the clouds, and that could lead to a lot of dead bodies... a lot.

Then, while he wants to take over the census, the "Fairness Doctrine" is being reconsidered. Obama campaigned he would not reconsider it, if elected, but apparently he is rethinking that. What is the Fairness Doctrine? It takes free speech away from Republicans on the radio. And it appears he wants to use the Census to gerrymander the Republicans out of existence. Where's the hope? Hope for what? This is actually scary.

His stimulus plan appears to be a disaster in the making. Where's the hope? The plan makes people afraid.

My point is, we may be in for much bigger trouble than we realize. It's hard to imagine the full extent of damage he could be creating. His audacity of hope could soon lead us into hopelessness.
The fairness doctrine would never be able to be enforced. Besides, if there were people like yourself so against it, would it ever be implemented? Since Obama supports programs like net-neutrality, it's very unlikely he would support something like the 'fairness doctrine' - although it has 'fair' in the name, it is any but fair. Besides, the fairness doctrine wouldn't gerrymander just from republicans - they're just the ones with the most to lose. I would worry about other things... (THE ECONOMY) you know.
 
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 02-14-2009, 07:55 AM
WhatsLeft WhatsLeft is offline
No Longer Active
 
Join Date: 12-27-08
Posts: 150
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by gekiranger View Post
it's very unlikely he would support something like the 'fairness doctrine'
Well, after the Democrats suggested it, the White House could have just said they will not support it, instead of wavering. Maybe, it's like the birth certificate. The one he posted had four questionable features. So, he could have shut up the controversy, just by giving the information out on how to get a verifiable copy. It could have been done in minutes. Instead, he let multiple law suits go on throughout the country, with lawyers making millions reviewing what he did release as a matter of sufficient evidence. But to this day, there are still people wondering about the birth certificate posted. And it would be so simple to clear up all their doubts, just by giving out the information in Hawaii, in a most customary manner. I don't get it. He looks very dumb. But is he just playing dumb about something? So maybe, he's just playing with the fairness doctrine. Maybe!!

Last edited by WhatsLeft; 02-14-2009 at 07:58 AM. Reason: left out a word
 
Reply With Quote
Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Do you think President Bush was a "good" president? - Question for McCain supporters gregdavidson Controversial Social Issues 51 10-17-2008 01:46 PM
Dumbest Telemarketing Call ever!!! Mia Forum Lobby 5 09-17-2008 10:07 AM
Dumbest SEO mistake you ever made? sniperhiga SEO Forum 37 01-03-2008 08:27 AM
The Dumbest Thing You Did As A Child Skinny Forum Lobby 43 08-26-2007 02:38 PM


V7N Network
Get exposure! V7N I Love Photography V7N SEO Blog V7N Directory


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:31 AM.
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright 2000-2014 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
Copyright © 2003 - 2018 VIX-WomensForum LLC