Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
  #41  
Old 01-31-2009, 07:10 AM
WhatsLeft WhatsLeft is offline
No Longer Active
 
Join Date: 12-27-08
Posts: 150
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgzn View Post
Nevermind that weakness has never worked in the past.
Do you know where there is a church that preaches "God have mercy on us all"
 

Advertisement

Advertisement

  #42  
Old 01-31-2009, 07:15 AM
pgzn pgzn is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 05-27-08
Location: Ohio
Posts: 246
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatsLeft View Post
Do you know where there is a church that preaches "God have mercy on us all"
No, but a policy of national weakness will get you there a lot sooner. You can then ask Him directly.
 
  #43  
Old 01-31-2009, 07:24 AM
WhatsLeft WhatsLeft is offline
No Longer Active
 
Join Date: 12-27-08
Posts: 150
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgzn View Post
No, but a policy of national weakness will get you there a lot sooner. You can then ask Him directly.
You mean while I'm praying for the troops to have ammunition?
 
  #44  
Old 01-31-2009, 08:22 AM
pgzn pgzn is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 05-27-08
Location: Ohio
Posts: 246
iTrader: 0 / 0%
I don't even know what we're talking about.

As soon as superstition (religion) replaces reason in a conversation I get confused.
 
  #45  
Old 01-31-2009, 09:53 AM
rabble's Avatar
rabble rabble is offline
v7n Mentor
 
Join Date: 12-24-08
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,868
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgzn View Post
It's well documented who caused this problem and who tried to prevent it. While they were trying to prevent it, they of course were being accused of hating the poor. The oldest trick in the democrat socialist playbook. And non thinking American sheep follow right along because they're too lazy, or too uneducated to think things through.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MGT_...eature=related
And you republicans continue to think that if you repeat a lie often enough
and recycle it enough through your advertiser subservient (mainstream) media outlets that you can drown out the truth. But, you re wrong.
The people have woken up and the people are watching and hopefully won't be so easily fooled again by lies.

The sub-prime mortgage mess was created on wall street.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGB1W6S1jn8
 
  #46  
Old 01-31-2009, 10:06 AM
pgzn pgzn is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 05-27-08
Location: Ohio
Posts: 246
iTrader: 0 / 0%
"You republicans?" That statement is about as mistaken as the notion that democrats didn't force banks to make bad loans, and then encouraged Fannie, (an entity otherwise known as a Democrat bundler and retirement community) to buy them up and infect Wall Street with them.

Now where's my LP card?....

Last edited by pgzn; 01-31-2009 at 10:09 AM.
 
  #47  
Old 01-31-2009, 12:20 PM
rabble's Avatar
rabble rabble is offline
v7n Mentor
 
Join Date: 12-24-08
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,868
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgzn View Post
"Single payer health care" is health care rationing, at ten times the price. No one wins.
Guess you haven't looked at your HMO lately?
Or maybe you have just followed the history of HMOs about as closely as you've followed the history of the sub-prime mortgage crisis.

Do some real research. And, think. Stop being a republican sheep.
 
  #48  
Old 01-31-2009, 12:25 PM
pgzn pgzn is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 05-27-08
Location: Ohio
Posts: 246
iTrader: 0 / 0%
What's an HMO? I'm self employed most of my life. Contrary to popular belief Uncle Daddy didn't create my job, I created my own. I pay my own health care, directly from my wallet, and do so hapilly, without blaming others.

Anything over 7k is picked up by my (less than) $200/mo catastrophic plan. And that's WITH 1 million life insurance.

Stop thinking you are owed and ye shall be free.

Last edited by pgzn; 01-31-2009 at 12:31 PM.
 
  #49  
Old 01-31-2009, 01:59 PM
rabble's Avatar
rabble rabble is offline
v7n Mentor
 
Join Date: 12-24-08
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,868
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgzn View Post
What's an HMO?
Maybe you should just admit you don't know what you are talking about
then. All you seem to do is parrot republican talking points and seem oblivious to the fact they are factually baseless. Or Maybe you a paid member of the their propaganda machine too?
 
  #50  
Old 01-31-2009, 03:56 PM
pgzn pgzn is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 05-27-08
Location: Ohio
Posts: 246
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Hmm.. well.. I know enough to not be in one. What's your excuse? ROTFLMAO
 
  #51  
Old 02-01-2009, 12:14 AM
rabble's Avatar
rabble rabble is offline
v7n Mentor
 
Join Date: 12-24-08
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,868
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgzn View Post
Hmm.. well.. I know enough to not be in one. What's your excuse? ROTFLMAO
thanks for revealing so eloquently you aren't a serious participant in the political debate.
 
  #52  
Old 02-02-2009, 07:15 AM
WhatsLeft WhatsLeft is offline
No Longer Active
 
Join Date: 12-27-08
Posts: 150
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgzn View Post
I don't even know what we're talking about.
Praying for our military has a long tradition. "Don't fire until you see the whites of their eyes." In the Revolutionary War, our troop did not have enough ammunition. They had no training or discipline and little equipment. But Washington said it didn't matter, as we deserved to win, and he ordered prayer services twice a day. The British generals called the army the Psalm singers.

The way the canon was hauled to Boston to drive out the British, the way the fog protected our army from destruction in retreating from New York, the ensuing Battle of Trenton were all considered just some of the answers to prayer in forming our nation. Thus, Washington's first act as President was to call for a national day of thanksgiving.

Due to the difficulties of the Civil War Lincoln called for a national day of prayer in 1863, which was credited for the Battle of Gettysburg being the turning point. On D-Day in WWII, Franklin Roosevelt got on the radio and led the entire nation in prayer for our troops. I could go on citing the significance of prayer in our nation's history.

Our enemies who mocked us for our praying learned the hard way what it truly meant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgzn View Post
As soon as superstition (religion) replaces reason in a conversation I get confused.
What you are doing here is ridiculing me for having a world view different than yours, although mine is based on American tradition. I do not think this is an adult type response. In reality, it is a ridiculous assertion to say religion is not reasonable.

I think people resort to ridicule of those who believe in God, because it immediately leads to considering the significance of holiness in life. For many people "holiness" is a very confusing concept, because it is so different from what they want to be meaningful in life. Rather than deal with the world view that comes about from considering holiness, they would rather just ridicule anyone associated with it. But this is actually a child-like response and most irrational.
 
  #53  
Old 02-02-2009, 07:49 AM
pgzn pgzn is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 05-27-08
Location: Ohio
Posts: 246
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Religion isn't reason. If you find that offensive that is your problem. Lets keep the conversation to proven fact, not superstition. "Tradition" & "everyone is doing it" isn't proof either. It just means the problem is large and widespread.
 
  #54  
Old 02-02-2009, 08:19 AM
WhatsLeft WhatsLeft is offline
No Longer Active
 
Join Date: 12-27-08
Posts: 150
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgzn View Post
Religion isn't reason. If you find that offensive that is your problem. Lets keep the conversation to proven fact, not superstition. "Tradition" & "everyone is doing it" isn't proof either. It just means the problem is large and widespread.
The existence of God cannot be proven or disproven by utilizing the scientific method. However, people's belief or disbelief is based on reason. And, saying that you become confused if religion is brought up, because it is not based on reason is a way of ridiculing people for their beliefs. It is, indeed, resorting to being offensive.

Praying for our troops is an American tradition. In that sense alone, the assertion can be made that it should not be ridiculed. However, disagreeing with it in an adult manner would be another tradition. I do not think your response to me was proper. I hope you do not have a problem with that.
 
  #55  
Old 02-02-2009, 09:19 AM
pgzn pgzn is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 05-27-08
Location: Ohio
Posts: 246
iTrader: 0 / 0%
I have no problem. People are generally more exitable, the more they think someone or something else is charged with their fate. It's to be expected that the religious would be exitable when told it's really just superstition. Start a religion thread if you want to talk about your faith. I guarantee I won't get involved in it. Superstition isn't my bag man.
 
  #56  
Old 02-02-2009, 09:34 AM
WhatsLeft WhatsLeft is offline
No Longer Active
 
Join Date: 12-27-08
Posts: 150
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgzn View Post
I have no problem. People are generally more exitable, the more they think someone or something else is charged with their fate. It's to be expected that the religious would be exitable when told it's really just superstition. Start a religion thread if you want to talk about your faith. I guarantee I won't get involved in it. Superstition isn't my bag man.
I think you meant "excitable." And I think the actual problem is the real offense intended.

Now, you say I should start a religion thread, if I want to talk about my faith. Do you mean, according to your understanding of how forum discussion should proceed, it is improper to make any mention of how faith can relate to basic aspects of life or to how war is conducted?

If so, I must disagree. I think it is reasonable to consider whether faith enters into how war is conducted or really any aspect of life, and to uphold that there should be no preconceived right to ridicule me for doing so.

Last edited by WhatsLeft; 02-02-2009 at 09:35 AM. Reason: Spelling
 
  #57  
Old 02-03-2009, 06:26 AM
Ferre's Avatar
Ferre Ferre is offline
No Longer Active
 
Join Date: 10-15-03
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 6,897
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Satire often has more truth than most of the mainstream news.

On Obama;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqRccJDX2v0

Prove him wrong.
 
  #58  
Old 02-03-2009, 09:01 AM
rabble's Avatar
rabble rabble is offline
v7n Mentor
 
Join Date: 12-24-08
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,868
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferre View Post
[COLOR=DarkGreen]Satire often has more truth than most of the mainstream news.
Thanks. I love that video.
Sure sums up the way I mainly feel.

Recently The US has started talking about setting up a bad bank. Like ... dude, don't we already have too many of them?

How about let's build something we are short of? like ... A good bank?
 
  #59  
Old 02-14-2009, 10:10 AM
NightSquid's Avatar
NightSquid NightSquid is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 02-10-09
Location: at home
Posts: 66
iTrader: 0 / 0%
yes if we can be closer to our enemy by apologizing, than by all means do it if and only if it puts us in a position to destroy him later, but No if it will not. Haven't you ever heard keep your friends close and your enemies closer. Weakness can be one of the strongest positions there is, just look at Russia.
 
  #60  
Old 02-14-2009, 02:58 PM
WhatsLeft WhatsLeft is offline
No Longer Active
 
Join Date: 12-27-08
Posts: 150
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightSquid View Post
yes if we can be closer to our enemy by apologizing, than by all means do it if and only if it puts us in a position to destroy him later, but No if it will not. Haven't you ever heard keep your friends close and your enemies closer. Weakness can be one of the strongest positions there is, just look at Russia.
Naive.
 
Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Obama South Controversial Social Issues 172 11-09-2008 05:43 PM
Are you an Obama bot? sitetutor Controversial Social Issues 41 10-08-2008 09:07 AM
I would like to apologize to HostNine for my previous statements. 3DProf4online Web Hosting Forum 9 09-25-2008 09:25 AM
Apologize... dee_el07 Forum Lobby 33 02-21-2008 07:38 AM


V7N Network
Get exposure! V7N I Love Photography V7N SEO Blog V7N Directory


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:17 PM.
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright 2000-2014 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
Copyright © 2003 - 2018 VIX-WomensForum LLC