Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

Share |
Old 02-24-2009, 01:31 AM

Its possible to over analyze. As I read it, his primary position is that it is best avoided, but that there are exceptional cases that need to be judge on a case by case basis. There is no need to go further in the interpretation.

It ain't rocket science

Last edited by StrongInTheArm; 02-24-2009 at 03:51 AM. Reason: spelling

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 02-24-2009, 02:42 AM
v7n Mentor

Whoah! I didn't know that you have a diabetes. Sorry to hear that SITA . Anyway, my uncle is also a diabetic. He's continuously taking herbal supplements, medicines, fruits & vegies... I think you can also do the same thing.

As far as I know, diabetes cause highs levels of glucose in the blood that can damage our organs especially the limbs. I don't know the exact term but I think it has something to do with neurophaty (correct me if I'm wrong).

Friendly Reminder:
Diabetics should pay close attention to any wounds in their limbs (especially the feet)... as far as I know, wounds of a diabetic person don't heal because of poor blood supply. Having poor blood supply means that our body has a very low capacity to fight infections. (correct me if I'm wrong again). Be careful of gangrene... it may results in amputations.

Old 02-24-2009, 03:06 AM

Thanks Micoblanco. It is important to eat a well balanced diet that is low in fat and low in sugar. If you are over weight, losing weight helps greatly. As does getting regular exercise.

Diabetic Neuropathy is just one of the side effects of diabetes, the nerves in your extremities start to die off because of the high blood sugar levels, as does the small blood vessels. One of the other side effects is poor blood circulation which impacts the healing of wounds as you say. The wounds do generally heal, but take much longer to do so, (except in more advanced cases, that may need medical intervention). Generally the problem is with the feet, because of the neuropathy the person can't feel their feet, so don't notice injuries, which don't heal and then get infected. By that time they become difficult to treat.

Old 02-24-2009, 03:36 AM
v7n Mentor

Thanks for the additional information regarding the diabetic neuropathy. I'm not that good when it comes to medical terms. hehe

@mypost - I misplaced the letter "s". hehe
Quote:
As far as I know, diabetes cause highs (causes high) levels of glucose in the blood that can damage our organs especially the limbs. I don't know the exact term but I think it has something to do with neurophaty (correct me if I'm wrong).

Old 02-24-2009, 06:04 AM

Everyone has the right to die themmselves....

Old 02-24-2009, 01:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongInTheArm View Post
Its possible to over analyze. As I read it, his primary position is that it is best avoided, but that there are exceptional cases that need to be judge on a case by case basis. There is no need to go further in the interpretation.

It ain't rocket science
I don't feel I over analyzed it. Clearly speaking, self inflicted death is not a matter to be taken lightly. So it's also possible to not get the full meaning or under analyze what was said.

Kind of like if you asked for my advice on something, and I told you it. Then knowing that you may not agree, I went on to say how 'most people' may attempt to do it. But only because I wanted to make the choice easier on you. Knowing that possibly you wouldn't take my advice. You indeed have the right to choose, no doubt. But that still doesn't mean that I didn't give you from my experience, you sought -the better initial advice.

So I still stand firm, that I think the Dali Lama would rather no one take their own lives. But of course he cannot stop them -he only can give his advice and hope they'll make the right decision. It is always up to them, for only they will be responsible for the outcome.

Old 02-27-2009, 04:45 AM
Banned

SITA, I found this news-article and I hope you won't be charging me the same from my post here http://www.v7n.com/forums/politics/1...ml#post1036969

Quote:
ATLANTA — Four members of an alleged assisted suicide ring were charged Wednesday with helping a 58-year-old Georgia man end his life, and investigators in Ohio and seven other states were looking into whether the group was involved in more deaths.

The FBI is also probing the Final Exit Network, an organization whose Web site said it is "dedicated to serving people who are suffering from an intolerable condition." It wasn't immediately clear how many deaths were being investigated. read full article

Old 02-27-2009, 05:21 AM

Charging you? I don't understand.

Assisted suicide is illegal in most countries throughout the world, and indeed most of the States within the USA.

Quote:
Aid in dying is legal in several jurisdictions, including Belgium, the Netherlands, Switzerland, and American states of Oregon (via the Oregon Death with Dignity Act), Washington (by Washington Initiative 1000), and Montana (through a trial court ruling). The Montana ruling was made on December 6, 2008. The Attorney General of the state of Montana is seeking an appeal from the Montana Supreme Court, as no ruling has yet been made. The province of Quebec has recently acquitted a man charged with assisted suicide, which opens the door to its legalization. [2]
I don't condone people breaking the law, my question still stands.

Old 03-02-2009, 03:00 PM
Contributing Member

hi

because people who luv you will also be influenced by it not only you

Old 03-12-2009, 07:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by riternity View Post
because people who luv you will also be influenced by it not only you
I agree.

Old 03-12-2009, 08:00 PM
Super Moderator

I'd miss you dude.

Old 03-13-2009, 03:34 AM

That's my point, there wouldn't be much left of ME to miss. The important things that make me ME would be gone, just a husk of a man left behind. Dead man walking, or at least sitting in a hopefully comfortable wheel chair.

It's like eating a juicy, sweet apple. Eventually all that is left is the inedible core. My choice is not to walk about with it until it rots. My choice is to dispose of it before it gets mouldy and starts stinking up the place.

I hope people WOULD miss me, after all it shows that my life wasn't a complete waste of time. But how would those sentiments change after five years of wiping away the dribble and cleaning my arse. My choice is not to be a burden to those I love, to hopefully leave them with fond memories, and to depart this life with a little dignity. Is that so bad?

Old 03-13-2009, 07:34 AM
Super Moderator

Well, that's what I meant. I'll miss you when you become a vegetable. I'll wheel you around though. And even play Manchester United DVDs for you just to see if your eyes light up at all.

Old 03-13-2009, 08:03 AM

That would probably cause me to fart a lot. It'll probably be a latent animalistic reaction to the stress, after all you must know I support Liverpool. I won't feel guilt, that is the silver lining that comes with dementia.

And I'll dribble a lot to embarrass you with the blue rinse brigade.

Old 03-22-2009, 08:49 PM
Contributing Member

its ugly to hear that you kill your self its better to die in cancer than to kill your self we must love our selves

Old 03-23-2009, 06:42 AM

jlhen: that sounds like the naive ramblings of someone who has never seen anybody die of cancer. You sound like you are just out of nappies! Why is it better for me to die slowly and painfully of some ghastly disease that eats you up inside? Is it so you can feel better about your perfect world where nothing can go wrong and everybody is happy and all problems can be solved because the television tells you so?

Old 03-23-2009, 07:44 AM
Super Moderator

Colds make me grumpy too.

Old 03-23-2009, 09:40 AM

Oh dear! Was I a little too strong

Sorry, but that's how Jlhen came across.

Old 03-23-2009, 09:46 AM
Super Moderator

I'd miss you, dude, but I'd pull the trigger myself if you asked.
Maybe even if you didn't ask.

Old 03-23-2009, 09:51 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zap View Post
I'd miss you, dude, but I'd pull the trigger myself if you asked.
Maybe even if you didn't ask.
Which would do absolutely no good if you missed him!

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues