Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

Share |
Old 03-15-2009, 04:46 PM
Banned

Anyone know about Chrislam?

Found this site about Christianity and Islam in the same religion. Is this possible? Christians and Muslims actually getting along as brothers and sisters? Even ONE regarding religion? Any thoughts?

http://www.chrislam.org/index.html

Quote:
"We are brothers, We are a family of God. Not one of us is better than the other in His eyes. He loves us both. The future can only be won against the "Evil one" by all of us standing strong together."

Malcom X
More:

Quote:
As an ample human terrain for freedom and dialogue between the followers of the divinely revealed religions, a land of life shared in common between Christians and Muslims, in which the aspirations and goodwill of all Lebanese come together and interact to build their state and political entity on the basis of a free republican, parliamentary, democratic system, under the protection of complete equality in rights and duties between all the people of one single country ;

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 03-15-2009, 06:19 PM
Super Moderator

The sons of Isaac and the sons of Ishmael getting along? How can that be?

Old 03-15-2009, 08:54 PM
Contributing Member

Can't get to the site. Page load error.
Anyway, I think it will not work. Though every religion believes in the existence of a supreme being, they still draw lines that other religion doesn't consider.
Take polygamy for example.

Old 03-16-2009, 06:57 AM

Well they share more in common than with atheists, or Buddhists, or Hindus.

Aren't they suppose to share some prophets/saints?

But then we share a lot with rats and primates, at a genetic level at least, but that don't mean we are the same. I'm sticking with evolution for now. But I don't care if we are related or not, that rat comes near my compost bin again and I'm gonna have him!

Old 03-16-2009, 01:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongInTheArm View Post
Well they share more in common than with atheists, or Buddhists, or Hindus.

Aren't they suppose to share some prophets/saints?

But then we share a lot with rats and primates, at a genetic level at least, but that don't mean we are the same. I'm sticking with evolution for now. But I don't care if we are related or not, that rat comes near my compost bin again and I'm gonna have him!
From what I've read, there have been more prophets/saints in both religions than just that of Jesus and Mohammad. Just they don't get as much spot light at the two. But I feel that if one really respects the Lord, then they would have high regards for all/any of the prophets/saints He has sent.

Old 03-16-2009, 03:19 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by krahmaan View Post
But I feel that if one really respects the Lord, then they would have high regards for all/any of the prophets/saints He has sent.
What if some of those prophets/saints contradict each other?

Old 03-17-2009, 01:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy View Post
What if some of those prophets/saints contradict each other?
What do you mean 'contradict' each other? Not all people who've held the title 'Saint' were actually God Realized. A real 'Saint' is one who has communed with the Father to some degree. Not just to say someone is a 'saint' because they follow the holy path. Real Sainthood is earned by God Realization, from my studies. Anyone can become a true Saint with God Realization. Even you.

Saint Muddy or Muddy saint.

*But this takes almost a lifetime of full hearted devotion to the goal.

Old 03-16-2009, 03:20 PM
Super Moderator

By the way, I like your new avatar K.!

Old 03-17-2009, 06:05 AM
Contributing Member

In fact islam is the "updated version" of christianity... The latest modification of one and the same belief in only god to rule. I think this is quite possible to combine them into one religion.

Old 03-20-2009, 12:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
In fact islam is the "updated version" of christianity... The latest modification of one and the same belief in only god to rule. I think this is quite possible to combine them into one religion.
I agree. Common prophets, the same stories... Little differences... I also think combination is not only possible, but a really good thing! In the world there is a tendency of getting odalism - the religion which is the mixture of anything people wish to believe, dogmats or/and rules people find good for themselves and take from various beliefs whatever they want. Chislam is to my mind the particular case of odalism. Hopefully they will not think they are "the only correct way" to go.

Quote:
A real 'Saint' is one who has communed with the Father to some degree.
I suppose that Saint energetically means a person with absolutely clear aura and perfect karma. The person with clean soul... And there is no matter if he or she follows any religion, because aura depends on nothing but yourself. However, I do not think sanctity is a thing everyone should be aspired to, because clean aura is something like a reformatted HDD.

Old 03-20-2009, 10:03 AM
v7n Mentor

This is new to me and it also makes me think of "sporks" for some reason. Anyway, I couldn't find anything on the site concerning the major difference between Christianity and Islam: the nature of Jesus. Christians see him as the son of God where Muslims see him more as a prophet and definitely NOT as the son of God. How does this group reconcile that huge blue whale smashed into the corner of the room?

Old 03-20-2009, 10:05 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewomack View Post
This is new to me and it also makes me think of "sporks" for some reason. Anyway, I couldn't find anything on the site concerning the major difference between Christianity and Islam: the nature of Jesus. Christians see him as the son of God where Muslims see him more as a prophet and definitely NOT as the son of God. How does this group reconcile that huge blue whale smashed into the corner of the room?
Thanks, this was one of the things I was referring to.

Old 03-20-2009, 02:25 PM
Banned

Post Anyone know about Chrislam

Sorry everybody, my title had a little typo in it. I spelled it 'Chislam' when the correct spelling is Chrislam.

This is all I could find about it in wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrislam

I have a good theory to the previous question brought up by both ewomack and sir muddy here. The newest religion of today is one called Sikhism. Even in Sikhism is there a closes relation between two religions. The religions of Hinduism and Islam. Not really modern day Islam but that of the mystical side -Sufism/Islam.

There was a Sufi Saint by the name of Kabir threw legend passed on his knowledge or mastership to a one called Nanak. Who later became the founder of the Sikhism. But Kabir created peace between two waring religions of that time Hinduism and Islam and thus Sikhism was formed with attributes of both religions.

Quote:
SHALOK, FIRST MEHL:
It is difficult to be called a Muslim; if one is truly a Muslim, then he may be called one.
First, let him savor the religion of the Prophet as sweet; then, let his pride of his possessions be scraped away.
Becoming a true Muslim, a disciple of the faith of Mohammed, let him put aside the delusion of death and life.
As he submits to Godís Will, and surrenders to the Creator, he is rid of selfishness and conceit.
And when, O Nanak, he is merciful to all beings, only then shall he be called a Muslim.
Allah is hidden in every heart; reflect upon this in your mind. The One Lord is within both Hindu and Muslim; Kabir proclaims this out loud.
Be kind and compassionate to me, O Creator Lord. Bless me with devotion and meditation, O Lord Creator. Says Nanak, the Guru has rid me of doubt.
The Muslim God Allah and the Hindu God Paarbrahm are one and the same.

To be Muslim is to be kind-hearted, and wash away pollution from within the heart. He does not even approach worldly pleasures; he is pure, like flowers, silk, ghee and the deer-skin.
One who is blessed with the mercy and compassion of the Merciful Lord, is the manliest man among men. He alone is a Shaykh, a preacher, a Haji, and he alone is Godís slave, who is blessed with Godís Grace.
The Creator Lord has Creative Power; the Merciful Lord has Mercy. The Praises and the Love of the Merciful Lord are unfathomable.
Realize the True Hukam, the Command of the Lord, O Nanak; you shall be released from bondage, and carried across.

I am not a Hindu, nor am I a Muslim. My body and breath of life belong to Allah ó to Raam ó the God of both.
Says Kabir, this is what I say: meeting with the Guru, my Spiritual Teacher, I realize God, my Lord and Master.
Sri Guru Granth Sahib
Found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_and_Sikhism

My point of all this is that what people of a particular religion believe as true is not always what the founder of that religion taught. The founder is always the true saint be his followers are always not so perfect -thus the reason they are following. So, when Christians say that Jesus was God's only son. That is not necessarily what Christ taught. Christ was One with the Father so he had the authorization to say he was so. But we or his followers don't know this by realization. Christ's job was to teach them how to become One as well. Only threw Him, or his teachings because he was the only one realized there at that time.

But when Muslims say that he (Christ) was only a Prophet and not the son of God. Their error is that, He (Jesus) did earn Oneness with God so then he did become His true son. But there have been many others who have done this as well. Long before Jesus's time (Like Moses) and even today there are those striving to earn Oneness with God.

Christians seem to think that Jesus was the only God man, and hope that one day he will return. But the Power within Christ, has returned many times. Just the Father doesn't have to return in any religion. He could choose to return as an Atheist if He so chose to.

This may not make much since but what Jesus and every Realized soul taught was to help us (more 'not perfected' ones) to realize what they had. The Father.

Old 03-30-2009, 04:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krahmaan View Post
Sorry everybody, my title had a little typo in it. I spelled it 'Chislam' when the correct spelling is Chrislam.
Now I have to change the title! How could I sleep at night otherwise

Old 03-31-2009, 11:18 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by krahmaan
My point of all this is that what people of a particular religion believe as true is not always what the founder of that religion taught. The founder is always the true saint be his followers are always not so perfect -thus the reason they are following. So, when Christians say that Jesus was God's only son. That is not necessarily what Christ taught.
Hrm, I'm going to throw this out there and say that that's exactly what He taught. You can read it all through scripture so I'm not sure where you get the idea that Jesus meant differently. I'd love to see where you get the idea that that wasn't His intention.

Quote:
Christ was One with the Father so he had the authorization to say he was so.
Nope, again, looking at scripture, He had the authoritarian to claim He was the Son of God because He was, is. Again, I'd like to see where you're getting this.

Quote:
Christ's job was to teach them how to become One as well. Only threw (I think you mean 'through' not threw) Him, or his teachings because he was the only one realized there at that time.
According to scripture, He was the only one to come.

Quote:
But when Muslims say that he (Christ) was only a Prophet and not the son of God. Their error is that, He (Jesus) did earn Oneness with God so then he did become His true son. But there have been many others who have done this as well. Long before Jesus's time (Like Moses) and even today there are those striving to earn Oneness with God.
It should be clarified that Jesus didn't 'earn' oneness with God. In fact, Jesus all throughout scripture made it a point to tell people that there is no way to 'earn' salvation or redemption or, oneness, as you call it. It was a matter of faith and belief, not action or behavior.

Quote:
Christians seem to think that Jesus was the only God man, and hope that one day he will return.
They 'seem' to believe it because that's exactly what He said.

Quote:
But the Power within Christ, has returned many times. Just the Father doesn't have to return in any religion.
Christians would agree that the power of God is visible today, but not in the way you're thinking. There's this thing called the Holy Spirit.

Quote:
He could choose to return as an Atheist if He so chose to.
I'm failing to see how this has any relevance, can you please clarify?

Quote:
This may not make much since but what Jesus and every Realized soul taught was to help us (more 'not perfected' ones) to realize what they had. The Father.
It should be stated that there is no such thing, in the Christian religion, as a 'realized' soul. Can you please clarify?

I must point out too that, within Christianity alone, there are a number of varying belief systems that would make it quite difficult to simply toss in a group for comparison with other religions. The only common factor between them, which makes them Christian religions, is that they believe in one God, that Jesus was the Son of God, and that the Holy Spirit is also a form of God, now present in modern days.

Old 03-22-2009, 06:46 PM
Contributing Member

What!? People of different religions, races and creeds having peaceful ideal of coexistence in a mutually beneficial society of peace, happiness and understanding?

How dare they!
Don't they know that not the American way?
[/sarcasm]

All monotheistic religions, at their base, are peaceful.
You simply have jerk offs trying to "out religious" each other, and make exclusionary groups, so that they can feel superior to someone else thanks to their own weak petty mindedness... Unfortunately, even weaker and more petty minded people love being part of the club, so they'll follow their prophets and their saints, and shun the non-believers... right off a cliff if they have to help them see the light in that manner.

If you believe in god as an absolute, then organised religion was the greatest trick that the devil ever pulled.

Krahman: Sikhism is not new... It's been around for well over 500 years. Scientology, now that's new.

Old 03-24-2009, 01:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harveyj View Post
What!? People of different religions, races and creeds having peaceful ideal of coexistence in a mutually beneficial society of peace, happiness and understanding?

How dare they!
Don't they know that not the American way?
[/sarcasm]

All monotheistic religions, at their base, are peaceful.
You simply have jerk offs trying to "out religious" each other, and make exclusionary groups, so that they can feel superior to someone else thanks to their own weak petty mindedness... Unfortunately, even weaker and more petty minded people love being part of the club, so they'll follow their prophets and their saints, and shun the non-believers... right off a cliff if they have to help them see the light in that manner.

If you believe in god as an absolute, then organised religion was the greatest trick that the devil ever pulled.

Krahman: Sikhism is not new... It's been around for well over 500 years. Scientology, now that's new.
Good point. The only thing is, Scientology is not really a monotheistic religion as are Sikhs. The Sikhs took the idea of the many parts of God -like the many gods in Hinduism, and combined it with the One God of Islam (Allah). Although Sikhs call Him the Supreme One or Sat Purusha. They are however, a newer religion than say Judaism, Christianity or Islam.

As for Scientology, they put more thought on 'data' of the Self, rather than faith and the Higher Power. Although knowledge or 'data' of self is a good thing, knowledge or 'data' of the Higher self is far greater. One is a beginning, the other is the real goal...

Old 03-22-2009, 08:39 PM
Contributing Member

may be thats the solution in war between christian and muslim

Old 03-29-2009, 06:25 PM
Contributing Member

Hmmm very interesting website. I must say

Old 03-31-2009, 11:34 AM
Super Moderator

I wish I had time right now to rebut your post Chaka. It can be shown (from scripture) that most (not all) of what K said is true. I'll be back

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues