Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 03-19-2009, 08:21 PM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

 
Join Date: 10-23-08
Location: Mt. Triskelion
Posts: 1,332
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Wink Do you believe Homosexuals Are Not "Born That Way."?

What are your thoughts on this:

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1300464/posts
 

Advertisement

Advertisement

  #2 (permalink)  
Old 03-19-2009, 09:06 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

 
Join Date: 03-19-09
Posts: 64
iTrader: 0 / 0%
of corse not its on the environment around him/her & on what she/he feels
 
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 03-20-2009, 02:01 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

 
Join Date: 07-07-08
Location: Pearl of Asia
Posts: 1,989
iTrader: 0 / 0%
I have a lot of homosexual friends and my closest friend is gay.
We have been discussing about this and he told me that it is caused by either choice, chance or both.

It is like having a favorite food. Like, why do you love pizza? You could come up with a ton of reasons like - because it tastes good, it comes with a variety of toppings so choices are never ending, etc, etc. You could chose not to like pizza, right? You could find another food and learn to like it and eventually, forgetting pizza.

The same thing could occur to a homosexual individual. Environmental and personal judgment are just some of the factors. I recall my friend saying: "Homosexuality is a phenomenon that needs no scientist to explain." Figures..
 
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 03-20-2009, 02:15 AM
Handyverträge's Avatar
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

 
Join Date: 01-16-09
Posts: 52
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Some I think is due to influences and surroundings.
 
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 03-20-2009, 05:00 AM
StrongInTheArm's Avatar
Senior Member
Latest Blog:
None

 
Join Date: 04-24-07
Posts: 9,310
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by gggorosin22 View Post
It is strange that you should quote the Free Republic as a reliable source for this thread. They sound like a tolerant lot of free thinkers:
Quote:
Free Republic is the premier online gathering place for independent, grass-roots conservatism on the web. We're working to roll back decades of governmental largesse, to root out political fraud and corruption, and to champion causes which further conservatism in America. And we always have fun doing it. Hoo-yah!
The reason why someone is gay is unimportant, it is their life, if they are not harming anyone else, it is for them to do what they wish with their bodies. Who are you or I to tell them what they are doing is natural or otherwise?
__________________
BTW IMHO Makes me think.
 
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 03-20-2009, 05:12 AM
pctec's Avatar
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

 
Join Date: 11-09-06
Posts: 3,541
iTrader: 2 / 100%
I do not know or have any opinion on being gay because I like boobies!
However, I can see this thread getting nasty soon... it always does with this topic...
 
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 03-20-2009, 05:22 AM
StrongInTheArm's Avatar
Senior Member
Latest Blog:
None

 
Join Date: 04-24-07
Posts: 9,310
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Yeah! I'm thinking of either moving it to the politics forum or if it gets out of hand maybe even locking it or perhaps even removing it.

I like boobies too btw, but not man boobs

Oops! I have to be careful, I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say things like that anymore
__________________
BTW IMHO Makes me think.
 
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 03-20-2009, 05:33 AM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

 
Join Date: 10-23-08
Location: Mt. Triskelion
Posts: 1,332
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongInTheArm View Post
It is strange that you should quote the Free Republic as a reliable source for this thread.
dude,im not saying this is a reliable source..im just asking for their thoughts on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongInTheArm View Post
Who are you or I to tell them what they are doing is natural or otherwise?
im not against them, i have cousins that are on the same situation..

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongInTheArm View Post
Yeah! I'm thinking of either moving it to the politics forum or if it gets out of hand maybe even locking it or perhaps even removing it.
its on you SITA..its all good to me..really..

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongInTheArm View Post
I like boobies too btw, but not man boobs
yeah..what kind of straight guy would want that SITA?
but im more into booty..namean?

Last edited by gggorosin22; 03-20-2009 at 05:50 AM.
 
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 03-20-2009, 06:22 AM
BlackEyes's Avatar
V7N Cheesy Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

 
Join Date: 02-05-09
Location: Balot and Alfombra Capital of the Philippines
Posts: 4,950
iTrader: 0 / 0%
My opinion is they are born to be homosexual and their environment just help them to be one
 
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 03-20-2009, 10:40 AM
Cricket's Avatar
No Longer Active
Latest Blog:
None

 
Join Date: 10-13-03
Location: Texas
Posts: 42,181
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Moved to politics
 
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 03-20-2009, 10:58 AM
ewomack's Avatar
v7n Mentor
 
Join Date: 11-01-06
Posts: 4,502
iTrader: 0 / 0%
The "are gays natured or nurtured" conversation gets kind of old, to be honest, because there have been homosexuals at least as far back as historical records allow (Ancient Greece is only one salient example). Homosexuality is an inherent part of human nature. The reason this question arises for homosexuality and not heterosexuality is because homosexuality is seen, by some, as "deviant" and in need of explanation. There's no more need to explain homosexuality than there is to explain heterosexuality from a basic human perspective. Recent society and the status quo have emphasized heterosexuality (for reasons I can only theorize about now, but won't). Ancient Greece not only accepted homosexuality but encouraged it. I should add that I'm not homosexual, that I love my wife's boobies, etc., etc...
__________________
Ed Womack
Get Milked
 
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 03-21-2009, 11:57 AM
Zap's Avatar
Zap Zap is offline
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

 
Join Date: 01-15-06
Posts: 13,755
iTrader: 5 / 100%
I think people are born into their sexuality, whether they like members of the opposite sex or members of the same sex or both.
To me, it's no different than any other preference.

I like the colour purple. Is that because if my environment? I doubt it. I just like the colour.
I like to swim. Part of my environment? I doubt that too.
People from all walks of life in all situations like to swim.
And, there are people from all walks of life and situations who don't like to swim.

We treat sexuality different because it's sexuality.
It's really no different than any other preference that you may have.
Some people like guys.
Some people like gals.
Some people like guys and gals.
And some people don't even like sex.

It happens.
 
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 03-21-2009, 12:34 PM
Muddy's Avatar
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

 
Join Date: 12-03-08
Location: Florida
Posts: 14,468
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zap View Post
I think people are born into their sexuality, whether they like members of the opposite sex or members of the same sex or both.
To me, it's no different than any other preference.

I like the colour purple. Is that because if my environment? I doubt it. I just like the colour.
I like to swim. Part of my environment? I doubt that too.
People from all walks of life in all situations like to swim.
And, there are people from all walks of life and situations who don't like to swim.

We treat sexuality different because it's sexuality.
It's really no different than any other preference that you may have.
Some people like guys.
Some people like gals.
Some people like guys and gals.
And some people don't even like sex.

It happens.
I totally agree. I'm straighter than Cher's hair (well there was that bromance a while back) but I believe most folks are born gay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zap View Post
I like the colour purple. Is that because if my environment? I doubt it. I just like the colour.
Zap, I didn't know you were gay.
__________________
Spot free rinse systems for cars, trucks, boats, windows and more. www.magicrinse.com
 
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 03-21-2009, 02:37 PM
ScriptMan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: 02-10-07
Location: Central Kentucky
Posts: 13,143
iTrader: 4 / 100%
A small percentage are born that way and the rest just get sucked into it.

Seriously I think I would have to say ditto for what Zap said.
__________________
I do not put ads or pop-ups in my posts and I have no control of what shows there. I do not endorse any product displayed in my post.
Scriptman's Playhouse || Ramblings from an old man
 
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 03-21-2009, 04:22 PM
~kev~'s Avatar
v7n Mentor
 
Join Date: 02-06-08
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,535
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Simple put, NO, I do not think that people are born gay.

It goes against the natural course of the species. We were designed to reproduce. Without reproduction, the human species would die off. If being gay was natural, the gene pool would have been cleaned out thousands of years ago.

Its a natural order of the species - the strong survive in order to breed and pass those genes to the next generation. Gays dont reproduce.
__________________
comic book forum

Last edited by ~kev~; 03-21-2009 at 04:25 PM.
 
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 03-22-2009, 01:24 AM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

 
Join Date: 08-24-07
Location: LA County, California
Posts: 1,987
iTrader: 0 / 0%
No, I don't believe they are born that way.
A man is born a man, and a woman a woman.
How is it that these things get mixed up?

(Perplexed, and confused -bad parenting me thinks)
 
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 03-22-2009, 08:01 AM
Zap's Avatar
Zap Zap is offline
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

 
Join Date: 01-15-06
Posts: 13,755
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy View Post
Zap, I didn't know you were gay.
That makes two of us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScriptMan View Post
A small percentage are born that way and the rest just get sucked into it.

Seriously I think I would have to say ditto for what Zap said.
These two statements seem incongruous to me.
In the first statement, you say that only a small percentage are born gay.
In the next statement, you echo my sentiment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~kev~ View Post
Simple put, NO, I do not think that people are born gay.

It goes against the natural course of the species. We were designed to reproduce. Without reproduction, the human species would die off. If being gay was natural, the gene pool would have been cleaned out thousands of years ago.

Its a natural order of the species - the strong survive in order to breed and pass those genes to the next generation. Gays dont reproduce.
Your statement is black and white thinking at it's best.
Life is all shades of grey.

We were designed to live. Nothing more. Everything else is a crap shoot.
In all species, along all genetic markers in the genome, there are "defects".
That term is used very loosely here, to describe non-averages.

Some people are born gay and they will never reproduce.
Some people are born with 3 thumbs and were never meant to review movies.

Fortunately, there are enough of us left that the species will continue on, and seems to be increasing in size with time. Perhaps "the gay gene" is one of nature's solutions to overpopulation and, therefore, perfectly natural.
Quote:
Originally Posted by krahmaan View Post
No, I don't believe they are born that way.
A man is born a man, and a woman a woman.
How is it that these things get mixed up?

(Perplexed, and confused -bad parenting me thinks)
Mixed up??? According to who? That sounds like a judgement.
You say that a man is born a man and a woman is born a woman but it's not that simple.
If you look at interviews with people who have had surgery to change their sex, you can almost see the woman who was born in the body of a man. It happens often enough that we created surgeries an other methods of making changes to ourselves.
Again, life isn't that simple.
There are men who like to shop and women who like hockey.
 
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 03-22-2009, 09:37 AM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

 
Join Date: 07-11-08
Posts: 107
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Absolutely, homos are liars for life. God never wanted it this way.
 
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 03-22-2009, 10:11 AM
Zap's Avatar
Zap Zap is offline
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

 
Join Date: 01-15-06
Posts: 13,755
iTrader: 5 / 100%
We've all lied at one time or another.

And, if God didn't want it to be this way, then why did he create homosexuality?
Seems to be a waste of time to create something or someone you don't want.

You have a very narrow view of the world.
 
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 03-22-2009, 12:00 PM
Muddy's Avatar
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

 
Join Date: 12-03-08
Location: Florida
Posts: 14,468
iTrader: 0 / 0%
This is great Zap! You're doing all my work for me. I clicked this thread and took a breath, ready to launch into some replies but you hit on all the points I was going to make. Thanks!

BTW, Scriptman was making a joke in his first comment. "...the rest just get sucked into it." Get it?
__________________
Spot free rinse systems for cars, trucks, boats, windows and more. www.magicrinse.com
 
Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
<input type="image" src="login_button.png" name="login" /> Error in IE !! HELP 2939195631902 Coding Forum 9 02-20-2009 09:43 AM
<meta http-equiv="Pragma" content="no-cache" /> FGTH SEO Forum 4 06-21-2007 12:29 PM
Home page with "latest news", "news archive" and "update" tekitouni Web Design Lobby 1 09-19-2006 08:39 PM
"v7ndotcom elursrebmem" already bigger than "Nigritude Ultramarine"! Jim Westergren SEO Forum 31 01-21-2006 12:26 PM


V7N Network
Get exposure! V7N I Love Photography V7N SEO Blog V7N Directory


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:03 AM.
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright © 2000-2014 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
Copyright © 2003 - 2014 Escalate Media




Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.