Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

Share |
Old 04-23-2009, 11:22 AM

I used to think it was a hoax. I'm beginning not to think so anymore, the more evidence I observe. TV shows like NOVA and Frontline provide the evidence.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 04-23-2009, 11:45 AM

Just last night I watched a PBS documentary on the death of the coral reefs off the Florida coast and other parts of the world. Something quite radical does indeed appear to be going on. As to whether it's caused by global warming, as is indicated in the show, I guess is the question. A degree or two change doesn't seem likely responsible, but, these scientists insist it is.

Old 04-23-2009, 10:49 PM
Banned

I bet that the funds received by these Global Warming research plummeted exponentially.

I hope, with those funds, they can invent a gigantic vacuum cleaner to "suck ups".

Old 04-23-2009, 11:40 PM
Contributing Member

I will shake my head in disappointment as people still called it "Global Warming", a misnomer used by vested interests to cloud the issue and provide deniability, whilst the proletariat think that installing CFL bulbs in their house will make a lick of difference to their ecological footprint considering they just bought a 48" plasma, and wholly encourage an energy intense consumption based lifestyle...

Oh, and I've stopped eating beef.

Old 04-24-2009, 01:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by raphnix
What if it wasn't really pollution that heats up earth. What if it's the SUN?
Got any idea where this proposition lead to?
anyway I don't have any idea with it but when I was reading your question it reminds me about what I've watch entitled KNOWING. The story was good and it shows the end of our earth when sun wash out our planet. Anyway guys if you have spare time better watch it.

Old 04-24-2009, 02:34 AM
Banned

Yeah. That's another thing I want to point out. Though the movie is just a science fiction, the concept isn't that impossible to actually happen.

Do you guys believe that NASA could be the best in plotting conspiracy with the US government about these issues?

Old 04-24-2009, 03:03 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by riderbabygurl View Post
anyway I don't have any idea with it but when I was reading your question it reminds me about what I've watch entitled KNOWING. The story was good and it shows the end of our earth when sun wash out our planet. Anyway guys if you have spare time better watch it.
Knowing, Nicholas Cage? Sure riderbabygurl...

Old 04-24-2009, 06:11 AM
Contributing Member

Ohh. Im so sorry my pc got hang.. thats why i post it in wrong thread ... hope youll understand ... T.Y.

Old 04-24-2009, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atom View Post
Just last night I watched a PBS documentary on the death of the coral reefs off the Florida coast and other parts of the world. Something quite radical does indeed appear to be going on. As to whether it's caused by global warming, as is indicated in the show, I guess is the question. A degree or two change doesn't seem likely responsible, but, these scientists insist it is.
Coral are apparently very temperature sensitive.

Current thinking that the conservative 6 degree expected rise falls short of true expectations. There is a snow ball effect to consider as well; as temperatures rise, the melt the permafrost, releasing more greenhouse gases which ...

Old 04-28-2009, 01:32 PM
v7n Mentor

Is global warming true? Is it a fact? Or the events that are occurring at present time are all part of the "End of the World" and Mayan calendar?

Old 04-28-2009, 06:12 PM
Contributing Member

I think the Glaciers have been melting since the ice age and continue to melt until they are gone.

Old 04-28-2009, 10:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by micoblanco View Post
Is global warming true? Is it a fact? Or the events that are occurring at present time are all part of the "End of the World" and Mayan calendar?
How could we easily forgot the Mayan Calendar. I though it would be a long time hit in today's alarming issues.

Old 04-28-2009, 11:00 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by homebizseo View Post
I think the Glaciers have been melting since the ice age and continue to melt until they are gone.
Yep they are continuing, and so is the rising of sea-level.

Last edited by Jenie0109; 04-28-2009 at 11:01 PM. Reason: I did a critical hit for 10000 damage!

Old 04-28-2009, 11:57 PM
v7n Mentor

Coral reefs die from the algae called "red tied" which sucks the air out of the water. This stuff kills all marine life. It travels from Texas to Florida. Happens every year, makes the beaches stink with dead fish, everybody hope in comes in the winter so it doesn't upset summer time fun.

Has happen for hundreds of years, proven not linked to global warming, but is known to be a natural occurrence.

Come on people quit believing crap you see on TV as fact, question what you hear. Remember they're looking for rating to make money. Use common sense.

Old 04-29-2009, 12:02 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by corneo View Post
Coral reefs die from the algae called "red tied" which sucks the air out of the water. This stuff kills all marine life. It travels from Texas to Florida. Happens every year, makes the beaches stink with dead fish, everybody hope in comes in the winter so it doesn't upset summer time fun.

Has happen for hundreds of years, proven not linked to global warming, but is known to be a natural occurrence.

Come on people quit believing crap you see on TV as fact, question what you hear. Remember they're looking for rating to make money. Use common sense.
You can never stop me watching TV though 'cause I still believe that Spongebob lives underwater with the coral reefs.

Old 04-29-2009, 12:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongInTheArm View Post
Coral are apparently very temperature sensitive.

Current thinking that the conservative 6 degree expected rise falls short of true expectations. There is a snow ball effect to consider as well; as temperatures rise, the melt the permafrost, releasing more greenhouse gases which ...
...makes our breathing air seems like a hot fart. Ooops. My language again.

Old 04-29-2009, 02:19 AM

Of what relevance was your last post in this thread?

Or were you just pretending to be a child again?

Old 04-29-2009, 02:55 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongInTheArm View Post
Of what relevance was your last post in this thread?

Or were you just pretending to be a child again?
As you can see I just finished your statement there SITA.
And I think too that I'm being childish today, I hope Miss Cricket is here to do the spanking again.

Last edited by raphnix; 04-29-2009 at 03:00 AM.

Old 04-29-2009, 06:17 AM
v7n Mentor

Nope, I'm on spanking duty today - nobody likes that except me.

Old 04-29-2009, 06:19 AM
Contributing Member

We have to do something for our Mother Earth, Dont think that Global Warming is just a hoke. Its not a normal cycle of our planet. A good example in this topic is the ozone layer, The ozone layer that protects us from UV rays now it has a serious damage. It occur because of too much pollution. Glad to hear that the Obama Administration make some step towards limiting the gases that causes global warming. If we can do something do it now.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues