Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 04-21-2009, 06:10 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

The dark side of Dubai?

I was just reading this article a while ago and I just like to share it on this forum,Let us know what you think or how you feel about this issue.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 04-21-2009, 06:34 AM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

I've known Dubai as a great country that provides good job for many asian countries and the salary is real good instead of staying with other asian countries. Well I have my aunt working out there and probably she really love staying and never heard any complain regarding to Dubai country.

Well I really think that people dislike what Dubai represents, rather than what the city is like in reality.

And people who are rubbing their hands together with glee without having actually visited Dubai itself should really consider whether they have anything valuable to say about the issue at all.

Old 04-21-2009, 09:04 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by riderbabygurl View Post
And people who are rubbing their hands together with glee without having actually visited Dubai itself should really consider whether they have anything valuable to say about the issue at all.
The writer of the article was there and interviewed several people who were also there.

Old 04-21-2009, 09:24 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
Dal Khichadi

I never heard anything bad from any people who was in Dubai.

If something is published on internet; doesn't mean it's a truth. Spreading lie on internet is very easy.

Old 04-22-2009, 03:14 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Personally I believe that Dubai is a great country, malls are everywhere people are good too especially to the tourists. My friend's father is working there and I never heard any complain from him while working in Dubai...

Quote:
Truth is always accompanied by a lie

Old 04-24-2009, 12:23 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Why this Johann Hari hasn't interviewed the people who are happy with their work and life over there? I am sure that the article could become longer.

Old 04-24-2009, 12:10 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euthanas View Post
Why this Johann Hari hasn't interviewed the people who are happy with their work and life over there? I am sure that the article could become longer.
I think that is why he entitled his article The dark side of Dubai. That answer your question. If he ever interviewed those people who are happy and satisfied staying in dubai then the title of his article would have been the Bright Side of Dubai.

We have to keep in mind that in every country there's a Dark and a Bright side.

Old 04-25-2009, 02:53 PM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euthanas View Post
I guess you didn't actually read the article, or you would know that he did interview people who are happy in Dubai.

Old 04-27-2009, 12:00 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZunuZunu View Post
I never heard anything bad from any people who was in Dubai.

If something is published on internet; doesn't mean it's a truth. Spreading lie on internet is very easy.
No, but getting that article published in one of England's most respected newspapers generally means that it can be relied on to be fairly well fact checked.

Old 04-27-2009, 12:18 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

I find it hard to believe but I think these things are not far from possibly happening not only in Dubai but also in other countries as well.

Old 04-28-2009, 06:25 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

All countries have dark side, ayt ...

Old 05-02-2009, 08:05 AM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

Any wood has it's bad trees ...

Old 05-03-2009, 04:38 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by seo-neon View Post
Personally I believe that Dubai is a great country, malls are everywhere people are good too especially to the tourists. My friend's father is working there and I never heard any complain from him while working in Dubai...
The article wasn't about the western expats or Emiratis who you hear about all the time. It focused on the indentured underclass who are forgotten.

Sure it's a great country for a lot of people, but it's a hell hole for everyone else. Is all that comfort and luxury really worth abusing the poor?

Old 05-03-2009, 08:58 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Speaking of Dubai, Has anyone seen or knows how to get in touch with Jason the former owner of the blog "University KID"?

Old 05-05-2009, 06:47 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by daminzu View Post
All countries have dark side, ayt ...
That's right, but if only everyone knew about it - then I guess change would really come in that country(I hope it would be for the best).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanol View Post
The article wasn't about the western expats or Emiratis who you hear about all the time. It focused on the indentured underclass who are forgotten.

Sure it's a great country for a lot of people, but it's a hell hole for everyone else. Is all that comfort and luxury really worth abusing the poor?
I have seen happy people and have heard them saying how good Dubai is, how I wish that the goverment would be transparent to what their country is going into. Giving importance to people, rich or poor, expats or emiratis as long as the change of the country gives a positive effects to every one and not to someone because they are rich or well known...

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues