Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 05-20-2009, 08:58 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

States: It's taxes, taxes and more taxes

States: It's taxes, taxes and more taxes:
http://money.cnn.com/2009/05/20/news...ion=2009052010

Here in Nevada they are trying to pass more taxes too, double the business state licence, etc Puting more and more pressure on consummers and businesses will be the worse and the easy way. there is no need to be economist to see where we are going.

500,000 more unemployed in April...I am afraid that this country will go deeper in recession.

What are you thoughts on this?

Robespierre

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 05-20-2009, 11:27 AM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

This is a cycle this country goes through. The last time this happen was when Carter was President and the democrats ran everything. (interest rates hit 19%, unemployment was crazy)

20 years later it's happening again. (Obama has already said interest rates will clime and unemployment has gone crazy) We're going to have 4 years of crap. Next election somebody will get elected that will change everything and the system will be back to normal. Don't be shocked if elections in 2010 you see new faces in offices and the old ones tossed out.

Old 05-20-2009, 01:43 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Well I am not talking about the new administration, but states which are either Democrat or Republican.

For example here in Nevada everybody complains about the education level, but the state is thinking seriously about reducing the teachers' salaries, which is completly wrong.

They are also trying to increase state business license fees. I agree with that only if it is based on the companies gross revenues, like they do with city business license.

Actually in Nevada all businesses pay the same state business license fees no matter how much you make, which is unfair. So multi-million dollar companies will pay the same state business license fee as small businesses, this is outrageous!

Robespierre

Old 05-20-2009, 02:28 PM
Super Moderator

The major problem is the attitude of the general public. They want to be cared for for womb to tomb. That assumes they are lucky enough to get out of the womb in one piece.

Government can not be all things to all people and even it tries we can't afford it.

Old 05-20-2009, 04:38 PM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

I feel the largest problem is: government has their hands in too many things.
Would you trust your political leader to do brain surgery on you? Of course not.
But people will trust this same person to manage their money, tell them where to poop, when to go to bed, when to get up. What's right and what's wrong.

I tired of people saying "That's not fair" Life isn't fair! Just equal.
I laugh at idiots who say things like "rich people need to pay more" If they would think a little ahead of themselves they would realize it's the rich who make the factories, open the stores, supply the jobs, give you a loan to buy a house. Also, if they were thinking, rich people charge the (more taxes) back to the poor via raised prices. SO who really paid for that tax increase to the rich? THE POOR PEOPLE!

Why are people so damn bent on punishing people who do well in life? Why does this country want to punish people with good ideas, who make money?

I say good for you Donald Trump. BTW, can you build something near me so 500 people can get a job?

By government raising taxes to pay for the poor is a joke and an insult to my intelligence, try something different.
How about leaving the money in people pockets, let them spend it on the local area and create new jobs. (it's a new idea I just got, try it)

Old 05-22-2009, 07:20 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

I believe that the people who buy a Mercedes 500 or run a million dollar business can afford more than $200 for state license, perhaps a few thousand.

If a business can pay a few thousand dollars for a state licence, that gives the possibility to give a chance for other people starting a business. Businesses that start and benefit from a lower state license fee might use the services of million dollar companies.

So my point is in this context a win/win situation.

I am certainly not against rich people, I believe that a smart balance can open opportunities for everybody.

Thinking outside of the box would permit a better way of doing business.

Robespierre

Old 05-22-2009, 12:05 PM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

Natural Elements, I understand what you are saying. The part I don't think you realize is: that there is a government agency that helps small businesses get started. It's call "the small business administration"

They currently take money from every American out there and use it to start new companies.

Quote:
people who buy a Mercedes 500 or run a million dollar business can afford more than $200 for state license, perhaps a few thousand.
That's what I'm bitching about. Why do you want to punish a person because they do well in life?
How about any web site that ranks in the top 10,000 get charge with a service fee because they can afford it. Make it a few thousand dollars a year so we can help people who have no clue how to run a site get started.

Old 05-22-2009, 03:09 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Again we are talking about state license, SBA is another subject.

I don't think that you undestand what I am trying to say. It is not a question to punish any businesses. I mit that people running a big company can afford paying a higher licence fee. This can help small businesses to pay less when starting up and allow to do more for their new or small businesses. Almost 90% of small businesses fail in the 3 first years, why not giving all the potential at the begining for small businesses? Failures of starting businesses cost more money to big businesses than state licence or other fees.

I am not sure if you know how much money you need to be a sucessful business online (depends of the business) or/and brick and mortar. In almost all cases, you need to bring your own money on table, then if is not enough you can borrow.

As far as your rankings example I think you are off topic.

Robespierre

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues